News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-27-12, 03:18 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Paul Millsap

Spurs need to trade Joseph/Jackson/1st or 2nd to Utah for Millsap.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-27-12, 03:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Why do they "need" to do that? Actually, why would Utah "need" to agree to that? I don't see them saying yes to that one.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-27-12, 03:34 PM
SpursReport Team Member

well spurs need a big bad and utah needs to get rid of one and they cant afford millsap after this year, they also dont have a point guard for the future.
Old 07-27-12, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
Spurs need to trade Joseph/Jackson/1st or 2nd to Utah for Millsap.
so we need to trade Stephen Jackson, the only guy who made big shots and has an expiring deal (don't care much for the other 2 in this argument) for a PF?

that's actually not bad at all, but Jax was our most clutch player last year and you have to factor that now we'll be a G/F short and have Duncan/Diaw/Splitter/Bonner/Blair and now Milsap on the roster as bigs (and we can't give the other bigs away).

we're probably staying with this roster. if we need a big man for the future, it's probably going to be when we're in the lottery post Duncan era. Milsap is not a corner stone big.
Old 07-27-12, 07:59 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Well you have to give up talent to get it and Jackson isnt the only one on the team who can hit big shots or the only wing, Spurs didnt resign Green for nothing. Millsap could give the Spurs a physical presence down low which no other big on the team can match and he would take alot off Duncan playing next to him.
Old 07-27-12, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by td4mvp2k View Post
Well you have to give up talent to get it and Jackson isnt the only one on the team who can hit big shots or the only wing, Spurs didnt resign Green for nothing. Millsap could give the Spurs a physical presence down low which no other big on the team can match and he would take alot off Duncan playing next to him.
with that trade though, what happens if Kawhi goes down? he'd be essentially the only legit SF left on the roster (Manu could, but his defense would be null vs. taller, longer players). with Duncan getting 20+mpg (as with Diaw), that would leave too many bigs with not enough playing time (and i hope no one comes up with something idiot like Bonner playing backup SF either).

we honestly re-signed Green because we didn't have many options. it's not like we had a lot of cap room to work with (especially with Duncan being a free agent) and needing to sign or re-sign 4-5 roster spots.

don't think i wouldn't want Milsap here for this team, but you'd have to do better (for the Spurs) than Stephen Jackson. you'd have to somehow give them Bonner or Splitter so he can take their spot and not give away a big part of our bench (something like Bonner, Splitter, & someone else for Milsap)
Old 07-27-12, 08:44 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I think Green has proved he is a good reserve and capable of filling in when needed. Spurs were good without Jackson and while with this team hardly got off the bench during the regular season. He isnt someone who cant be replaced. Him and his contract is really the only way to get back a good big who can help the team without breaking up the core. I dont think it would be good to part with anyone else other than blair.
Old 07-27-12, 11:37 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

What you see is probably what you get until at least the trade deadline and the odds are against anything happening then. For now and into that deadline and possibly beyond, I'll hopefully be enjoying SJax coming into the season in shape and Cory Joseph improving in the D-League.
Old 08-04-12, 08:23 PM
SpursReport Team Member

The Jazz and Paul Millsap have begun negotiations on a contract extension. Millsap was offered a three-year extension worth $25 million, which represents the most Utah can offer under the new CBA. Millsap is unlikely to accept the deal as entering free agency would allow him to sign a bigger deal. Millsap became eligible for an extension on July 17.

Brian T. Smith/Salt Lake Tribune

I think it's 50/50 he re-signs but I think he can make around that much with the spurs and play for a contender as well.