Old 07-27-12, 07:03 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Spurs At The Olympics

So we have,
Manu -- Argentina
Tony, Boris, Nando --- France
Tiago --- Brazil
Mills - Australia

With the injury history and age of some of those listed above do we absolutely have to have approximately half our team playing in this? Maybe it is time the Spurs started focusing on finding Americans who can play.
Old 07-27-12, 08:39 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Is Bonner playing for Canada?
Old 07-27-12, 09:24 AM
SR Team Goof

Nah, 'The Sandwich Hunter' is probably trolling his home grounds of New Hampshire for his 'hoagie grail'.
Old 07-27-12, 09:44 AM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
So we have,
Manu -- Argentina
Tony, Boris, Nando --- France
Tiago --- Brazil
Mills - Australia

With the injury history and age of some of those listed above do we absolutely have to have approximately half our team playing in this? Maybe it is time the Spurs started focusing on finding Americans who can play.
I've been saying that for years in regards to Manu, and now that Tony is older he shouldn't be playing after this Olympics. Tiago is a big worry of mine as well.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-27-12, 11:42 AM
SR Team Goof

TP's new look:

Old 07-27-12, 01:18 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Do those goggles have lenses in them, or is Tony going for the Westbrook effect?
Old 07-27-12, 03:41 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
TP's new look:

hahaha, way too funny!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-27-12, 03:48 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I've been saying that for years in regards to Manu, and now that Tony is older he shouldn't be playing after this Olympics. Tiago is a big worry of mine as well.
I hear what you saying about international playing,however Manu didnt play international ball two years ago and he still got hurt, Derick Rose didnt play international ball either this past season and he got hurt so to me is they way some players play, manu, derick rose, dwayne wade play way too reckless so does increases their chances or getting hurt but I understand about playing international specially manu who already won an olympic medal not need to risk it.
Old 07-27-12, 04:30 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
TP's new look:

Naughty Librarian?
Old 07-28-12, 02:41 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

That just means they will be older and tired next year! Thats the way selfish me as a fan sees it
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 07-29-12, 12:29 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I'm fairly certain, based on the time/space continuum, that all players are getting older whether they play in the Olympics or not.

I'm taking the positive side of Spurs summer play in the Olympics.

Splitter needs all the floor time he can get to improve.

Mills is getting realtime floor leader experience.

Parker, Diaw and DeColo (3 key Spurs) are getting great experience executing together against real competition, not team mates in camp.

Manu is starting to fall apart physically whether he plays in the summer or not and the Spurs have gone guard-heavy to compensate. At least its good for his head playing for his homeland.

Key players from the Spurs strongest NBA opponents are playing in the Olympics too.
Old 07-29-12, 12:48 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

Well said Spurd On!

Old 07-29-12, 12:55 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
I'm fairly certain, based on the time/space continuum, that all players are getting older whether they play in the Olympics or not.

I'm taking the positive side of Spurs summer play in the Olympics.

Splitter needs all the floor time he can get to improve.

Mills is getting realtime floor leader experience.

Parker, Diaw and DeColo (3 key Spurs) are getting great experience executing together against real competition, not team mates in camp.

Manu is starting to fall apart physically whether he plays in the summer or not and the Spurs have gone guard-heavy to compensate. At least its good for his head playing for his homeland.

Key players from the Spurs strongest NBA opponents are playing in the Olympics too.
Thats one way to put it!

I still hate it
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 07-29-12, 09:37 PM
Moderator in Flip Flops

Don't forget Brett Brown, head coach for Team Australia, as well as Assistant Coach for our beloved Spurs...

I certainly enjoy watching the hoops having a vested interest in USA (Home Country), Argentina with Manu, France with Parker, Diaw, and De Colo, Brazil with Splitter, Mills with Australia. Argentina with Manu looks like they are world beaters... That Manu magic will cause havoc this Olympics I believe...
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."ť
~Hannibal~
Old 07-30-12, 01:39 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Tango from San Diego View Post
Don't forget Brett Brown, head coach for Team Australia, as well as Assistant Coach for our beloved Spurs...

I certainly enjoy watching the hoops having a vested interest in USA (Home Country), Argentina with Manu, France with Parker, Diaw, and De Colo, Brazil with Splitter, Mills with Australia. Argentina with Manu looks like they are world beaters... That Manu magic will cause havoc this Olympics I believe...
Most interesting for me was Splitter getting an unsportsman like foul for trying to pants Mills on a fastbreak ..... are they too close?
Old 07-30-12, 09:52 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kager View Post
Most interesting for me was Splitter getting an unsportsman like foul for trying to pants Mills on a fastbreak ..... are they too close?
I can't answer that but hopefully its an indication that Tiago is studying old tapes of Charles Barkley. The only other depantsing I can recall was, when during a jump ball and everyone was looking up getting ready for the toss, Barkley pulled down the opponents shorts.
Old 07-30-12, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Old 07-30-12, 02:23 PM

Quote:
I can't answer that but hopefully its an indication that Tiago is studying old tapes of Charles Barkley. The only other depantsing I can recall was, when during a jump ball and everyone was looking up getting ready for the toss, Barkley pulled down the opponents shorts.

Old 07-30-12, 06:25 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
haha now if he can just rebound like him we will be happy...
Old 07-30-12, 07:14 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post

Looks like Ron Artest (Metta World Peace) must have read Reggie Evans’ book “How to Play Defense and Win New Friends’.
Old 07-30-12, 07:21 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Old 07-30-12, 08:25 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Uh, jalbertopd, resize your images por favor -
Old 07-31-12, 02:11 AM
Moderator in Flip Flops

Sweet Pic Jalbertopd! THANKS!
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."ť
~Hannibal~
Old 07-31-12, 07:30 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Old 07-31-12, 05:50 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

France over Argentina...!
Old 07-31-12, 06:23 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Ok why is a ref grabbing TP's jersey and screaming his undieing love to him? That is a winner for one of the weirdest ball photo's I have ever seen.
Old 07-31-12, 06:39 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
France over Argentina...!
Oh snap, that settles it. TP>Manu. And Bonner>the world.

And look at the box score from that game. Looks like two NBA rosters during a regular season game.
Old 08-01-12, 11:05 AM
SpursReport Rookie