News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-22-12, 08:49 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Spurs interested in Bo McCalebb

This got my attention, as I had to ask who???? and then I read the article and laughed....

"The buyout offered by the Spurs is not satisfying SienaSan Antonio Spurs are seriously interested in Bo McCalebb, as reported to Sportando. The problem is that the buyout offered by the Spurs is not satisfying Siena. Mens Sana is trying to monetize the departure of the American PG with passport from FYR of Macedonia this summer, considering that the contract signed by the player doesn't have any buyout this year, for both NBA and Europe. McCalebb has an NBA out just at the end of the upoming season. The PG should pay by his own part of the buyout if he decides to leave for the NBA now. In Europe Fenerbahce Ulker and Unics Kazan are targeting the player and can offer to Siena a bigger buyout, over the million of euros."

Yep,I'm sure that the Spurs are in hot pursuit of ANOTHER POINT GUARD....
Old 07-22-12, 08:53 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Perhaps the Spurs are preparing for a trade.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-22-12, 09:31 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Joseph is getting traded. Possibly to help get rid of bonner or blair.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-22-12, 12:06 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Maybe that's why he got a lot of minutes
Old 07-22-12, 12:09 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Bo McCalebb - EuroBasket 2011 Profile

Team 2010-11: Montepaschi Siena (Italy-Lega) Career: New Orleans (USA-NCAA, 2004-08), Mersin (Turkey- TBL 2008-09), Partizan Belgrade (Serbia-BLS, 2009-10), Montepaschi Siena (Italy-Lega, 2010-11)

Bo McCalebb has emerged as one of the most exciting and explosive guards in European basketball, and with the capacity to improve further having played only three seasons as a pro. To underline just how much he has achieved in that short space of time, he has already took part in two Euroleague Final Fours and picked up a host of domestic trophies since graduating from New Orleans. When he was plucked from relative obscurity in Turkey during his rookie season by Partizan Belgrade to help lead their Euroleague charge collective eyebrows were raised, but his energetic style won him many admirers. It also won him a move to Montepaschi Siena where he has been just as productive. He has some improvements to make in terms of his decision making and also perhaps his shooting from outside but his ability to get to the hoop or pull up and score makes him difficult to contain. He is electric in terms of speed and can also step aside to play the two position when required. For FYR of Macedonia he was sensational last summer during the Qualifying Round and brings real quality to his adopted country. His scoring ability and defensive intensity will be a big plus and could make the difference between qualification to the latter rounds or an early exit.

Bo McCalebb | EuroBasket 2011
Old 07-22-12, 12:18 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Lester "Bo" McCalebb is 6'0" naturalized Macedonian professional basketball player who was born and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. He plays for the Montepaschi Siena in Italy.

Old 07-22-12, 12:19 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Just saw video of Bo dunking on al horford. RC PLEASE GET THIS DEAL DONE!!!
Old 07-22-12, 01:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Dude is built like Tim Hardaway.
Old 07-22-12, 01:03 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Looks like we are setting up to play some serious small ball.
Old 07-22-12, 01:04 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Quote:
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich was asked what kind of players the team might still be looking to add to the roster.
His answer: “None.”
Old 07-22-12, 01:35 PM
SpursReport Team Member

We better have something up our sleeve if this is happening, what we are going to have 4/5 points (Tony, Joseph, Mills, Nando, even Neal) Not sure what is going on here.
Old 07-22-12, 01:55 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Never going to happen.
Old 07-22-12, 02:27 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Pop is going to reveal a new brand of basket ball. "Super Small Ball" with 3 point guards on the floor and run circles around the competition.
Old 07-22-12, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataipaepae View Post
Joseph is getting traded. Possibly to help get rid of bonner or blair.
we can keep Joseph in Austin another year i think. no reason to get rid of Joseph and keep Neal in the same capacity as when Joseph was here. Cory has more potential than Neal at this point of their careers with small contracts (and one is a true PG between the 2).

if there's a trade looming, it'll possibly be Neal heading out the door (with his clutch shooting, he may turn a Blair/Bonner package into an attractive piece).
Old 07-22-12, 03:26 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
we can keep Joseph in Austin another year i think. no reason to get rid of Joseph and keep Neal in the same capacity as when Joseph was here. Cory has more potential than Neal at this point of their careers with small contracts (and one is a true PG between the 2).

if there's a trade looming, it'll possibly be Neal heading out the door (with his clutch shooting, he may turn a Blair/Bonner package into an attractive piece).
Yes we can keep Joseph on our team in Austin this year, but we still have to pay him and he still takes up roster space. Not to mention the most important part which is after next year, he is eligible for an extension. So we will basically waste his rookie contract if we don't get something out of him this year.
Old 07-22-12, 03:37 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
......if there's a trade looming, it'll possibly be Neal heading out the door .......
Hopefully not for an even smaller point guard. :drummer
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Old 07-22-12, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Hopefully not for an even smaller point guard. :drummer
where is Earl Boykins by the way?
Old 07-22-12, 04:21 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
where is Earl Boykins by the way?
Signed with Houston.
(sigh)

Edit : but likely to be released if Houston needs salary room.

C'mon, Morey, make it happen!

Last edited by katyspursfan; 07-22-12 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-22-12, 07:39 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I smell a trade coming. Lots of teams looking for good point guards.
Old 07-22-12, 08:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

We should trade joseph blair and bonner for Dwight Howard!
Old 07-22-12, 08:51 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Another point guard? Is Minnesota's GM in charge now?
Old 07-22-12, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
I smell a trade coming. Lots of teams looking for good point guards.
i think so too.

am i insane to think we may trade Tony Parker? abundance of low cost PG's behind him sounds a bit abnormal without thinking trade.
Old 07-22-12, 10:28 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
i think so too.

am i insane to think we may trade Tony Parker? abundance of low cost PG's behind him sounds a bit abnormal without thinking trade.
Where would TP go though? Seems like the time to do that was draft night.
Old 07-22-12, 11:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I don't see Tony being traded. Way too much corporate knowledge that's taken years to build. Besides, Pop has added two French players around him. His value to Spurs wouldn't transfer 1-for-1.
Old 07-23-12, 08:39 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

and is supposed the franchise is "classy" i mean, parker just put his night club last year... and poing!!! byebye tony? i doubt...
Old 07-23-12, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
and is supposed the franchise is "classy" i mean, parker just put his night club last year... and poing!!! byebye tony? i doubt...
didn't we do that when Malik opened Malik's Philly's Famous something? at the end of the day, it's business. it's not like Parker would close his club if he were to be traded.
Old 07-23-12, 09:57 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Sometimes the agents of the players are creating fake speculations to raise the salary of their players. I honestly don't believe that news.

By the way McCalebb is the best point guard in Europe at the moment.
Old 07-23-12, 10:26 AM
SR Team Goof

Since he’s the best in Europe, as said above, why not go after him, if the price is right and he’s agreeable. I think the Spurs might be pursuing McCalebb for insurance against Parker. Has anybody heard how TP has adjusted to eye surgery since his night club incident? I heard during one of the summer league games that he will be wearing protective eyewear for a while. Question could be whether the eyewear will be just temporary or permanent and will TP’s effectiveness be affected by it. If he’s game is off, a trade could be in the offing, but I don’t see the Spurs turning their back on one of their homegrown products, all because of business.
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Old 07-23-12, 12:08 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Since he’s the best in Europe, as said above, why not go after him...
Because maybe he's not the best in Europe?
Old 07-23-12, 04:45 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Tony's not going anywhere. Not until Timmy's contract is up.
Old 07-24-12, 09:09 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Since he’s the best in Europe, as said above, why not go after him, if the price is right and he’s agreeable.
Since he's best in Europe, he will want at least 2.5M dollars per year and Spurs can not pay it.

As I said, I think it's his agent's speculation.
Old 07-24-12, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncaboylu View Post
Since he's best in Europe, he will want at least 2.5M dollars per year and Spurs can not pay it.

As I said, I think it's his agent's speculation.
we still have the bi-annual exception don't we (granted it's not $2.5 million but $1.9 million or so)?
Old 07-24-12, 10:29 AM

And if you read the article, his Macedonian club isn't going to let him go without a lot of money
Old 07-25-12, 12:16 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I live in Turkey and Bo McCalebb are on negotitation wtih a Turkish club . They're reach to deal but his agent wanted to make a new move with this news.
Old 08-02-12, 10:44 AM

From HoopsHype

"In what will surely be one of the most important moves of the summer, Fenerbahce Ulker announced the signing of point guard Bo McCalebb to a three-year deal. Sportando"

Well, that's that...He's not going to come over and save the Spurs
Old 08-03-12, 07:41 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
From HoopsHype

"In what will surely be one of the most important moves of the summer, Fenerbahce Ulker announced the signing of point guard Bo McCalebb to a three-year deal. Sportando"

Well, that's that...He's not going to come over and save the Spurs
Any idea what he signed for?
Old 08-03-12, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Any idea what he signed for?
Just that it was a three year deal, no amount given. But in a story at NOLA.com he's quoted as saying

"I know I can play in the NBA," McCalebb said. "But I guess they didn't want me enough. So, I'm going to stay (in Europe). I'm not going to give up everything I've got going in Europe to come over here for a small NBA contract."

Hope he has a great rest of his career playing there.