News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-21-12, 03:09 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Dawson will earn some time in SA

Jeff McDonald: Wouldn't be surprised to see Dawson earn some time in SA off and on this year, however. Organization likes him. Twitter
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-21-12, 07:07 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Unless Blair wants to be traded sooner than later, I'd be surprised. What need is there for him after picking up Diaw?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-21-12, 09:59 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
Unless Blair wants to be traded sooner than later, I'd be surprised. What need is there for him after picking up Diaw?
I'm guessing it's some combination of these:
Decent rebounder and battles in the post
Desire to win
Plays hard
Right attitude
A native of San Antonio
Fair range on his shot

That's all I can think of, because he sure doesn't have ideal size or athleticism. And I don't consider him a natural.
Old 07-21-12, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurd_On View Post
agreed. anyway, it's Jeff McDonald. that's his personal opinion and he's of course not adding that we'd have to actually release or trade someone (for nothing in return) to open up a roster spot for him.

unless there's this desperate mentality with the Spurs that we need anyone to replace our 4th/5th bigs, there's a big chance that McDonald is going to be disappointed
Old 07-21-12, 12:37 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Trade Bonner and Blair already! Time to get length and athletic big men for once.
Old 07-21-12, 01:14 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Dawson would be very disappointing. We don't need 6'9" with average length and athleticism. Hell dawson couldn't do anything against miami and their size and length.
Old 07-21-12, 02:28 PM

@JMcDonald_SAEN

For now, Spurs already have five rotation bigs under contract, so there's no rush to add another one just to have six.

there's his back tracking on the statement, realizing there's no room to be bringing guys in and out.
Old 07-21-12, 02:39 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

At this point they're not looking for anything big time. Just a guy to fill out the roster and play some minutes when guys are injured or in foul trouble.

For that you need a versatile, dependable, mediocre guy. Like Dawson.