News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-17-12, 03:29 PM
Official SR Home Builder

Lakers Pursuing Howard Trade

ESPN.com news services

The Los Angeles Lakers are making a renewed push to acquire All-Star center Dwight Howard and are meeting with Orlando Magic officials Tuesday, Yahoo! Sports reported.

Yahoo! Sports reports that the Lakers want a commitment from Howard that he will agree to a contract extension before they agree to a trade with the Magic.

The Lakers and Magic have been in talks over Howard for the past week or so, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard, but nothing is imminent.

Also, a source familiar with the Lakers' interest in Howard told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin that the dialogue between Los Angeles and Orlando is "ongoing" but right now a trade would be "very tough to pull off."

Howard had demanded a trade to the Nets, but talks broke down between the Nets and Orlando last week. Magic GM Rob Hennigan called Howard last week to see if he would consider giving the GM's new regime a chance, but Howard rebuffed the overtures.

Howard has said he would agree to sign an extension with only one team, and sources have said that team is the Nets.

The Houston Rockets also made a new proposal to the Magic for Howard last weekend and are willing to take on long-term salary commitments from Orlando if they land Howard in Houston.

Last week, sources told ESPN.com that the Rockets and Lakers had discussed a multitude of trade scenarios with the Magic. In those talks, the Rockets were offering to serve both as the team that would acquire Howard in a direct trade between the clubs and also as a third team that would participate in a trade that lands Howard with the Lakers and brings All-Star center Andrew Bynum to Houston.

Sources have said that Hennigan might feel more comfortable taking back a package of youngsters, recent draftees and future first-round draft picks -- while shedding some long-term salary as well -- than taking on Bynum as Howard's replacement and facing a similar challenge in persuading him to commit to the franchise long-term like the Magic have dealt with for months with Howard.

Both Howard and Bynum will be in the final seasons of their current contracts.

Last edited by Eddy from Austin; 07-17-12 at 04:06 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-17-12, 05:21 PM

shouldn't he have a bigger head? lol
Old 07-17-12, 05:28 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
shouldn't he have a bigger head? lol
If he's going to LA, he's auditioning for a part in the next MIB

MIB XII ?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-17-12, 05:38 PM
Official SR Home Builder

I always thought he had a small head for his body. So I was having fun with Photoshop and was waiting to see who would notice first.
Old 07-17-12, 05:49 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy from Austin View Post
I always thought he had a small head for his body. So I was having fun with Photoshop and was waiting to see who would notice first.
I just thought he had a slow leak.
Old 07-17-12, 06:30 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
I just thought he had a slow leak.
I don't think that's been ruled out.

(C'mon, Morey! Get him to Houston!)
Old 07-17-12, 06:31 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

he looks like the guy sitting next to Beetlejuice in the waiting room

Old 07-17-12, 08:06 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Y'all are awesome
Old 07-18-12, 01:40 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
If he's going to LA, he's auditioning for a part in the next MIB

MIB XII ?
This reminded me of Beetlejuice!

Oh hahah, i should have scrolled down first...

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
he looks like the guy sitting next to Beetlejuice in the waiting room

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 07-18-12, 02:45 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Orlando will not make a trade with Lakers until Bynum sign an extension.
And Bynum won't sign extension until Howard trade threat passes away.

That's why it's long shot. Orlando is trying to show that there are other suitiors for Howard to Nets and Houston
Old 07-18-12, 04:37 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuncaboylu View Post
Orlando will not make a trade with Lakers until Bynum sign an extension.
And Bynum won't sign extension until Howard trade threat passes away.

That's why it's long shot. Orlando is trying to show that there are other suitiors for Howard to Nets and Houston
Basically its a matter of who brinks first (or walk away).
Old 07-18-12, 08:56 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

At this point in time, i wonder how many really give a rat's !@#$ as to what happens with this?

[Begin Rant]
One day the bspn headline is about the rockettes, the next is about the lakeshow, then back to the rockettes and so on and so forth, they need to stop trying to make this into a story and just get back to reporting what's actually happening, with the olympic team, the summer league etc. anything other than this nonsense

An unsubstantiated rumor is their 2nd lead headline, good grief charlie brown, a made up story about what's NOT happening (and that's essentially what their story says) shouldn't be more important than what's actually taking place....

ESPN JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[END RANT]

Thank you for your time and I now return you to your regularly scheduled program....
Old 07-18-12, 10:12 AM
Official SR Home Builder

Then again moving to L.A. and being a Laker might give him a Big Head.

Old 07-18-12, 12:02 PM
SR Team Goof

Big water head......