News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-16-12, 11:59 PM
SpursReport Rookie

How did dallas get these players?!?!

Kaman, brand, collison, mayo!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-17-12, 12:34 AM
So Cal Spurs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmanu20 View Post
Because Dallas had cap room and Cuban is not cheap.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-17-12, 01:47 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmanu20 View Post
because they had plenty of cap room. they let go of terry, chandler, and barea. This is not a good mavs team as assembled right now but that was the downside to there strategy. It probably stings a bit that they sacrificed a chance to win a back to back. On the one hand they have plenty of maneuverability going forward and did a good job avoiding the tax coming up in a couple of years...a mistake that new york made. It would have been a travesty if the mavs didn't come back with anything...and that just wasn't going to happen. Every bb club has a different strategy and all this saying how come didnt get a certain player is kinda silly. The spurs are in excellent position right now and Im stoked for this upcoming season. dont be like new york and get distracted by shiny things...more often than not its not all its cracked up to be.
Old 07-17-12, 08:45 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Mavs didn't get a great team, but they got some good players to replace mediocre ones that left.

I'd say they're better than before, but they didn't get the Grade A overhaul they were shooting for.
Old 07-17-12, 09:51 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Being under the cap can really open some doors.
Old 07-17-12, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Being under the cap can really open some doors.
Right. And it did open doors, but much later in the game then they expected, and it turned out not to be the grand prize behind door number three.
Old 07-17-12, 10:46 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Right. And it did open doors, but much later in the game then they expected, and it turned out not to be the grand prize behind door number three.
True but it gave them a shot at least. Also getting Kaman I thought was good for them. I think the whole amnesty spree caught a lot teams off guard.
Old 07-17-12, 12:03 PM

I think they can probably are better than they were last year, but I don't think they're back in a championship level yet. I think they are probably back in the 4 to 5 seed range. No way these moves put them up there with OKC, San Antonio, or the Lakers.
Old 07-17-12, 03:50 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

They are going to be a tough out for a first round... I wouldn´t want to face them in the first round. But they will be 4-6.
(Let´s also see how the players fit. I remember thinking Odom was going to be huge for them)
Old 07-17-12, 04:00 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille View Post
They are going to be a tough out for a first round... I wouldn´t want to face them in the first round. But they will be 4-6.
(Let´s also see how the players fit. I remember thinking Odom was going to be huge for them)
Odom WAS huge.

A huge drag.
A huge drain.
A huge distraction.
Old 07-17-12, 09:32 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

They lost Kidd, Terry, Chandler, Barrea and got back 2nd tier sometimes younger at best players...
OJ is a good support scorer but not to Terry's level, although he is younger.
Collison is young but not better than Barrea
Neither Kaman or Brand are the players they once were and are definately not the stopper that Chandler was to give them the piece to go next to a defensively lacking but offensively gifted player.... at best they are a back up to same thing Dirk does

I don't think it makes them that tough an out, lets just say they have been tougher.
Old 07-17-12, 10:00 PM

they have 3 really good bigs who aren't really off the ball players and a whole team that's going into their first year together.

good luck with that.
Old 07-18-12, 01:38 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

They made decent additions turning nothing into something, but they are still doing it half assed so they can be players in next offseason too! They struck out once on the big names...
  • OKC will be good again
  • Spurs may not have made many moves this summer, but some of their stuff was done midseason. And they brought back a winning combination.
  • Denver will be good again.
  • Lakers are better.
  • Clippers are better
  • Grizz are getting Arthur back. Will have a Randolph in better shape.
  • Twolves, if Rubio stays healthy will be tough.
  • Utah is young and improving.
  • New Orleans, always play hard for Monty and they got some pieces now.

The competition is still tough with some strong teams improving or staying good, while some of the young athletic teams are inching closer.

Dallas is adding guys who are nice pieces to an already tough team. However, they are adding guys to replace key players, rather than be complimentary players. That's going to be tough.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 07-18-12, 03:42 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

And HOU may be running the pick and roll with Lin and Howard.