News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-12, 06:12 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

James Anderson: Odds stacked against him

Jeff McDonald: James Anderson, an unrestricted FA, would like to return to Spurs. If not? "Life goes on," he says. Understands numbers stacked against him. Twitter
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-17-12, 08:09 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Starting out injured didn't help and then not showing a whole lot when he did get a chance didn't help either. He should hook up with somebody, but maybe the best thing would be for him to travel overseas and get his game together and then try again
Old 07-17-12, 08:43 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I would like to have him back. But him playing overseas would probably be best for him.

He still has the potential to be a lights-out scorer in this league. He showed some flashes early on but I think completely lost his confidence after injuries and being passed up by Danny and Kawhi.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-17-12, 09:59 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

He needs to do something, because he didn't show anything in the 1st summer league game.

I would rather have the roster spot open at this point.
Old 07-17-12, 11:05 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Summer League Coaches

There are 3 European coaches on the SPur's Summer league bench. I think they're not only getting an idea of the Spurs System but also scouting for their own teams. I would like RYan Richards but he is still too raw- Getting another year of stable Euro-league play would do him wonders. The Same could be said for James Anderson.

Also by signing a Euro-Contract Backed by FIBA- Stashes the player away from the NBA as they develop.
Old 07-18-12, 02:50 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Check out this new news story:

Anderson is a member of the Spurs’ Summer League squad, but not a member of the Spurs.

He is an unrestricted free agent, auditioning for his next job while still wearing the uniform of the team that cut him loose.

“I just came out here to show what I can do,” said Anderson, a 23-year-old shooting guard preparing for his third NBA season. “All the coaches are here. They’ll see what you can do on both ends.”

It is a situation Anderson could not have envisioned two summers ago, when the Spurs made him the 20th overall pick out of Oklahoma State.

At the time, Anderson was the team’s highest draft choice since Tim Duncan in 1997. The reigning Big 12 Player of the Year, Anderson was a scoring star with exciting potential and a promising future in the organization.

Two years later, Anderson’s most likely future is elsewhere.

More: Spurs aim to help Anderson find a home
Old 07-18-12, 07:33 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Anderson Played much better yesterday