News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-12, 06:57 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Spurs would be wise to consider Milicic

Elton Brand and Amnesty Candidates Contenders Should Target | Bleacher Report

Darko's deal isn't prohibitively expensive ($5.2 million guaranteed in 2012-13, $1.7 million guaranteed in 2013-14), though it's still very much expendable.

Any playoff hopeful in need of some size off the bench (i.e. the Clippers, the Lakers, the Miami Heat, the San Antonio Spurs) would be wise to keep their eyes on the guy who's greatest achievement came in 2003, when he was drafted ahead of Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Bosh, among others.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-12-12, 09:20 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

This is one washed up worthless C/PF candidate that I wouldn't mind having. He has shown the ability to rebound and block shots consistently. He just hadn't done anything else for anybody. . . . . but that is what we need for 10 minutes per game, and that is the right price.
Old 07-12-12, 10:11 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I guess he'd be better than nothing. I guess. I would love to be proven wrong, but guys of that talent don't get continuously shipped around if they are worth anything at all.

Look at the numbers. He was the worst player on one of the worst teams in the league last year.

http://www.82games.com/1112/1112MIN.HTM
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-12-12, 10:15 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Your right. Let me take back my other comment
Old 07-12-12, 10:15 AM

I guess he'd be better than nothing. I guess. I would love to be proven wrong, but guys of that talent don't get continuously shipped around if they are worth anything at all.

Look at the numbers. He was the worst player on one of the worst teams in the league last year.
Minnesota Timberwolves NBA stats and data from 82games.com
Old 07-12-12, 11:56 AM
SpursReport Team Member

No freakin way.
Old 07-12-12, 12:01 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Considèr that comes from Bleacher Report.
Old 07-12-12, 12:44 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

wiser not consider him :-)
Old 07-12-12, 01:31 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
Elton Brand and Amnesty Candidates Contenders Should Target | Bleacher Report

Darko's deal isn't prohibitively expensive ($5.2 million guaranteed in 2012-13, $1.7 million guaranteed in 2013-14), though it's still very much expendable.

Any playoff hopeful in need of some size off the bench (i.e. the Clippers, the Lakers, the Miami Heat, the San Antonio Spurs) would be wise to keep their eyes on the guy who's greatest achievement came in 2003, when he was drafted ahead of Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony and Chris Bosh, among others.
This whole thing drips of :sarcasm

Old 07-12-12, 03:01 PM

Bleacher Report should be filed under "Fiction"
Old 07-12-12, 07:14 PM

Looking at the numbers, Alexis freaking Ajinca is better than Milicic or Brown.
Old 07-12-12, 07:16 PM

Artis Gilmore still has two real knees, right?
Old 07-12-12, 08:29 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Looking at the numbers, Alexis freaking Ajinca is better than Milicic or Brown.
whos Brown?
Old 07-12-12, 09:25 PM

Kwame (being discussed as a big man possibility like Milicic.
Old 07-13-12, 03:29 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Wolves stuck in staredown over Batum | StarTribune.com

The Timberwolves on Thursday said farewell to failed experiment Darko Milicic, waiving him to clear the way for a promised rich offer sheet to Portland restricted free agent Nicolas Batum that never arrived by nightfall.

Wolves owner Glen Taylor said Thursday afternoon that his team would "call their bluff" and sign Batum to a four-year, $46.5 million offer sheet if the Trail Blazers didn't agree to a sign-and-trade arrangement by the end of business that day.

Thursday evening came and went with neither a trade completed, nor an offer sheet delivered to the Blazers while Wolves management worked into the night, either to exhaust trade options with Portland or to clear more salary-cap space.

Or both.

Taylor said the Wolves are willing to give Portland draft picks and perhaps a player, but not 2011 No. 2 overall pick Derrick Williams, if the Blazers agree they won't match the offer and pay the 23-year-old swingman nearly $12 million a year. Comcast SportsNet in Portland reported the offer sheet includes a 15 percent trade "kicker" that would cost the Blazers more money to trade Batum if they ever wanted.

If that offer sheet is ever really signed by Batum and delivered to Portland, the Blazers will have three days to match the offer.