News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-12, 10:11 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Kobe: If Team USA 2012 played the Dream Team, ‘I think we’d pull it out’

Wow....just wow.....SMH
Kobe Bryant: If Team USA 2012 played the Dream Team, ?I think we?d pull it out? (VIDEO) | Fourth-Place Medal - Yahoo! Sports
Old 07-11-12, 10:23 PM
Administrator

Old 07-11-12, 10:57 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

He´s talking the Barkley on TNT, the Jordan that owns the Bobcats, the Bird that was in Indiana, and all those now... then... maybe the 2012 team can win...
I´ll give you Laettner though :P
Old 07-11-12, 10:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

LOL
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-11-12, 11:49 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

"Don't get high on your own supply!"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-12-12, 12:37 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Yeah Barkley, Malone and MJ were in their prime. Robinson, Mullin etc. They would have had no chance. Dream Team all the way!
Old 07-12-12, 12:47 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Best team ever assembled - dream team

- Confucius
Old 07-12-12, 01:22 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I actually do think the '12 would give the dream team a run for there money. Im not sure it would be as much of a slam dunk as people think...and its one of those things we will never know. It's really any one's guess. International basketball has gotten a lot more competitive over the years so the competition is tougher. I just don't know...my head hurts.
Old 07-12-12, 01:50 PM

the only edge this team would have would be with Lebron just because of pure skills.

all the Dream Team would need to call is Magic posting up Chris Paul and no doubt Jordan would go insane against Kobe.

the bigs are no brainers too. advantage Dream Team all the way
Old 07-12-12, 02:01 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I actually think barkley and malone would give james fits. Both were very athletic and strong as hell. Also don't forget pippen as a defender.
Old 07-12-12, 02:58 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Exactly, Barkley, Malone, Pippen, MJ, Stockton, DRob, Ewing, Cylde, Mullen.....all in thier prime.

Older Magic and Bird but even those guys are top 10 players ALL TIME. Sorry but the 12' team wouldn't stand a chance against that team.
Old 07-12-12, 03:04 PM
The Master Baiter

Christian Laettner would own their asses.
Old 07-12-12, 03:44 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Christian Laettner would own their asses.

yes he would...

Old 07-12-12, 03:45 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
the only edge this team would have would be with Lebron just because of pure skills.

I guess if only dunking is considered "pure skill".

Old 07-12-12, 04:24 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I think the real debate is whether or not Dream Team 2 was better than Dream Team 1.

Mitch Richmond
David Robinson
John Stockton
Shaquille O'Neal
Gary Payton
Scottie Pippen
Karl Malone
Reggie Miller
Hakeem Olajuwon
Charles Barkley
Anfernee Hardaway
Grant Hill

Shaq, Admiral, Dream, Malone, and Barkley...now that is the greatest front line ever assembled. It didn't have Jordan, but they replaced the over the hill Bird and Magic with some real ballers in Grant Hill, Penny, and Payton. I would rather have had Mullen, but Reggie Miller isn't chopped liver. The most tantalizing line up would feature Shaq at the 5 with Dream/Admiral prowling around at the 4 or if you wanted to just deny everything at the rim pair up Robinson and Olajuwon together for the greatest block party every thrown.
Old 07-12-12, 06:12 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

The edge inside for the original dream team would be overwhelming. Impossible to match. That's the end.

And we're not even talking about Magic posting up Chris Paul, Jordan chewing up Kobe and spitting him out (1992 Jordan . . . give me a break), or Pippen bottling up LBJ.

Bird can lay down and ice his back on defense. Karl Malone would make sure nobody got layups.
Old 07-12-12, 06:33 PM
SR Team Goof

Since dear old Kobe cannot possibly substantiate his claim, he can blow all the smoke he wants. The Dream Team is the best basketball team ‘ever’ assembled, bar none, no comparison, you must be talking outta you’re a$$ --- I’m out.
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Old 07-12-12, 07:29 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

So does he mean with or without Griffin?

http://www.spursreport.com/forums/sp...-practice.html (Griffin leaves Team USA after suffering knee injury in practice)

Old 07-12-12, 07:43 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombear View Post
So does he mean with or without Griffin?
Ouch! Maybe he'll add an asterisk by his comment.
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Old 07-13-12, 08:44 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
The edge inside for the original dream team would be overwhelming. Impossible to match. That's the end.

And we're not even talking about Magic posting up Chris Paul, Jordan chewing up Kobe and spitting him out (1992 Jordan . . . give me a break), or Pippen bottling up LBJ.

Bird can lay down and ice his back on defense. Karl Malone would make sure nobody got layups.
exactly---
maybe if dwight was part of the 2012 team was a better match.... todays team maybe is more athletic overall... but original team was better shooter too.. and arguably with more HUEVOS!! due the softness of actuall rules, maybe one or two 2012 players end crying in the tunel... oh btw, remeber, is with FIBA rules and oficials, not the ones who call these year semis, and finals...

PF 4 Laettner, Christian 6 ft 11 in (2.11 m) 235 lb (107 kg) Duke
C 5 Robinson, David 7 ft 1 in (2.16 m) 235 lb (107 kg) San Antonio Spurs
C 6 Ewing, Patrick 7 ft 0 in (2.13 m) 240 lb (110 kg) New York Knicks
SF 7 Bird, Larry 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m) 220 lb (100 kg) Boston Celtics
SF 8 Pippen, Scottie 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) 210 lb (95 kg) Chicago Bulls
SG 9 Jordan, Michael 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m) 200 lb (91 kg) Chicago Bulls
SG 10 Drexler, Clyde 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) 220 lb (100 kg) Portland Trail Blazers
PF 11 Malone, Karl 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m) 255 lb (116 kg) Utah Jazz
PG 12 Stockton, John 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) 175 lb (79 kg) Utah Jazz
SF 13 Mullin, Chris 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m) 215 lb (98 kg) Golden State Warriors
PF 14 Barkley, Charles 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m) 250 lb (110 kg) Phoenix Suns
PG 15 Johnson, Magic 6 ft 9 in (2.06 m) 220 lb (100 kg) Los Angeles Lakers

vs

NO
NAME
POS
HGT
WGT
DOB
CURRENT TEAM / COLLEGE or HIGH SCHOOL

F
6-8
5/29/84
New York Knicks / Syracuse
G
6-6
8/23/78
Los Angeles Lakers / Lower Merion H.S. (PA)
C
7-1
10/02/82
New York Knicks / Dominguez H.S. (CA)
G
6-9
9/29/88
Oklahoma City Thunder / Texas
F
6-10
03/16/89
Los Angeles Clippers / Oklahoma
James Harden
G
6-5
8/26/89
Oklahoma City Thunder / Arizona State
G/F
6-6
1/28/84
Philadelphia 76ers / Arizona
F
6-8
12/30/84
Miami Heat / St. Vincent-St. Mary H.S. (OH)
F
6-10
9/07/88
Minnesota Timberwolves / UCLA
G
6-0
5/06/85
Los Angeles Clippers / Wake Forest
G
6-3
11/12/88
Oklahoma City Thunder / UCLA
G
6-3
7/26/84
Brooklyn Nets / Illinois

Last edited by JuanCaca; 07-13-12 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-13-12, 12:29 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Jordan heard this and laughed his butt off, he really busted out laughing he said (Not one of the smartest things Bryant has said his response). Barkley responded as well. Bird said yeah they would beat us, I have not played in 20 some odd years his response.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 07-13-12, 08:49 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote of the Day: Larry Bird on Dream Team vs. 2012 “rivalry”

“They probably could (beat us). I haven’t played in 20 years and we’re all old now.”

—Larry Bird, the Hall of Fame player and Dream Team member, on whether the 2012 USA Olympic Team could beat his Dream Team.

Probably the smartest thing anyone has said about this “rivalry.” It’s time to move on.

Thanks to the Pacers for the quote.