News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-12, 09:41 PM
SpursReport Rookie

UPDATED: Rockets to use amnesty clause on Luis Scola

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
RT @EricPincus: Very interesting wrinkle - possibility of Scola amnesty to facilitate getting Howard to Rockets, per @Jonathan_Feigen
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-11-12, 09:52 PM

@24writer If ‪#Rockets‬ amnesty Scola, you'd think Scola would take less money to finish career with Manu in SA. Problem is teams under cap get 1st shot
Old 07-11-12, 09:54 PM
SpursReport Team Member

when a player gets amnestied, what happens? Does he become a free agent? are there any restrictions for teams willing to sign him?
Old 07-11-12, 09:55 PM
SpursReport Team Member

wish we could get Scola on the cheap. can you imagine a 2nd unit of De Colo, Ginobili, Scola, Splitter, and SJax?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-11-12, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
when a player gets amnestied, what happens? Does he become a free agent? are there any restrictions for teams willing to sign him?
a team under the cap can take his contract. if no one under the cap takes him, he becomes a FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu4Mayor View Post
wish we could get Scola on the cheap. can you imagine a 2nd unit of De Colo, Ginobili, Scola, Splitter, and SJax?
if he becomes a FA, it's hard to think he wouldn't play in SA, he'd still get his $9 mill if no one claims the contract.
Old 07-11-12, 09:59 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Old 07-11-12, 10:03 PM
SpursReport Team Member

believe me you do not want this no defensive playing S.O.B., the guy can not guard the gound he stands on.
Old 07-11-12, 10:11 PM
SpursReport Team Member

he may may not be a great defender but Scola gives us something we havent had in a long time - a 2nd reliable post scorer who can run pick and roll and even high low offense since he can hit a free throw line jumper. not to mention, we can use this extra offense to further limit timmys minutes and keep him fresh. that has to be worth something.
Old 07-11-12, 10:59 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

And Scola is a better defender than our bigs except for Timmy, and I´ll give you Diaw.
Old 07-11-12, 11:10 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

The Rockets could wait until July 17 to make Scola an amnesty cut, in which he would receive his full guaranteed salary but not count against the salary cap or luxury tax figures, but received information that he would have a better chance of moving to a stronger team if the move was made quickly.

Ultimate Rockets

Old 07-12-12, 01:30 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooster View Post
believe me you do not want this no defensive playing S.O.B., the guy can not guard the gound he stands on.
I'd agree. The Spurs FO are not likely even turning their heads on this one unless things come down to absolute desperation and if history proves true then Pop still wants no part of it. The Spanish decision let us know that the Spurs want a center with a defensive presence. Pop has proven in the past that if he can't get what he wants, he doesn't want it.
Old 07-12-12, 02:09 AM
The Amazing!

Scola.....
Old 07-12-12, 03:15 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Cons: He can not rebound, he can not defend, he's not tall enough and he's not athletic.

Adv: He can score, he has big bb IQ, he has big experience, he knows Manu and pick & roll.

It looks like he would be a Blair upgrade. But on the other hand, he doesn't have exactly (An athletic blocking threat) what we need.

I don't know. If we wouldn't resign with Diaw maybe, but now... I'm not sure.
Old 07-12-12, 03:34 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille View Post
And Scola is a better defender than our bigs except for Timmy, and I´ll give you Diaw.
Splitter is a better defensive big tan Scola. If I had to choose between the two, Splitter is the better fit for the team's needs since size is lacking.

Not complaining if he were to come though which is a pipe dream.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 07-12-12, 06:09 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

RC and Scola (plus Pop) don't get along. Ain't happening boys and girls.
Old 07-12-12, 07:06 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

Old 07-12-12, 08:37 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grego View Post
Splitter is a better defensive big tan Scola. If I had to choose between the two, Splitter is the better fit for the team's needs since size is lacking.

Not complaining if he were to come though which is a pipe dream.
+1

Among amnestied players, I would rather have Elton Brand.
Old 07-12-12, 08:48 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
+1

Among amnestied players, I would rather have Elton Brand.
+1.... he might be a little older but I'd take Brand, over Scola. Not that Scola would be a bad 2nd option though
Old 07-12-12, 09:00 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

ok if brand didnt come... i take a scola as blair upgrade... then an athletic 7 fotter freak, undrafted, amnesied, fa, etc, one after another until i get a prospect (something like danny green) ....and then trade bonner and blair for 3rd (lol)round draft picks, if nobody bite a trade involving those for that athletic 7 footer...

Last edited by JuanCaca; 07-12-12 at 09:02 AM.
Old 07-12-12, 09:02 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Brand over Scola, sure, but Scola would be a great guy to have. I'd take him over Blair. We can cut Blair.
Old 07-12-12, 09:12 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
ok if brand didnt come... i take a scola as blair upgrade... then an athletic 7 fotter freak, undrafted, amnesied, fa, etc, one after another until i get a prospect (something like danny green) ....and then trade bonner and blair for 3rd (lol)round draft picks, if nobody bite a trade involving those for that athletic 7 footer...
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Brand over Scola, sure, but Scola would be a great guy to have. I'd take him over Blair. We can cut Blair.
So let me ask you guys. . . . Where would Scola fit in our lineup? When Diaw took over the starting spot for Blair, it is not like Blair came off the bench and played significant minutes. Blair didn't play at all. So when you say Scola would be an upgrade over Blair, you are making the wrong comparison. Scola would have to be an upgrade over Diaw to make this team. The only other scenario would be if Scola were the 1st big off the bench, then you are saying that Scola would take away virtually all of Splitter's minutes or all of Bonner's. Do you think Scola is going to come here and play 20 minutes per game off the bench, or do you think Scola is going to come here and replace Diaw as the starting Center?

I don't see either of those things happening with a starting PF like Scola. The fact is, if we wanted a player like Scola in this off-season, we would have signed Lorbek. We don't need Scola's skill set right now just like we don't need Lorbek's.

I do see those things happening with Brand (on the remote possibility that Dallas doesn't claim him). Brand is at the end of his career
Old 07-12-12, 09:31 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I could see Scola starting next to Duncan and Splitter/Diaw in the second unit together. Splitter's movement, Diaw's passing and outside touch, both being low post threats.

Also, keep in mind with our need to reduce TD's minutes for the playoffs, we will need a guy who we can just go to on the block. Luis is that guy still, though not at the level from a few years ago.

Duncan will sit out games again. He will play fewer minutes. So there is a role for a guy who may not play much, but then is able to play as a starter and get a lot of touches for one game every week or two.

Last edited by grizzly_bexar; 07-12-12 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-12-12, 09:43 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
What did Scola ever do to get in their doghouse?
Old 07-12-12, 11:14 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

the reasons above... and insurance ion case of injury, foul trouble.. etc, deepness is a luxury
Old 07-12-12, 11:59 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I would be in favor of bringing in Scola and starting him next to Tim. RC definitely admitted the spurs will be stuck with what they have due to money constraints. If Scola can get more money elsewhere I don't blame him; we will have to mine the summer league and see if anyone can make the bench. I like what Scola could bring and I feel would be better than Diaw as a starter.
Old 07-12-12, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
how did Scola not get along with Pop/RC? if there's anything toward the talks, they didn't want to pay him over Bonner. never heard of any tension between the two unless there's a source incredibly close to the Spurs (and i only say this because while i was advocating an SJax reunion, with Will too...i guess , there were plenty of people here who said the Spurs didn't like Stephen Jackson and his supposed attitude and look what happened).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
I would be in favor of bringing in Scola and starting him next to Tim. RC definitely admitted the spurs will be stuck with what they have due to money constraints. If Scola can get more money elsewhere I don't blame him; we will have to mine the summer league and see if anyone can make the bench. I like what Scola could bring and I feel would be better than Diaw as a starter.
we have restraints towards the hard cap/luxury tax. now if you wanted to save money, amnestying Bonner and signing Scola for the minimum or even Bi-Annual (because it'd still be less than Bonner) would keep us under the tax if i'm not mistaken and the amnesty doesn't count against the cap anymore.
Old 07-12-12, 03:01 PM
The Master Baiter

I think I like Diaw more than Scola at this point. Either way, he's not what they need.
Old 07-12-12, 03:50 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I think I like Diaw more than Scola at this point. Either way, he's not what they need.
+1
Old 07-12-12, 03:52 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The level-headedness of the posts astounds me. The Spurs don't need him. But, if he could be had for vet minimum, someone has to sit on the end of the bench.
The almost 80% free throw shooting would be nice. But I doubt he would play much after missing defensive rotation after defensive rotation.
Old 07-12-12, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
The level-headedness of the posts astounds me. The Spurs don't need him. But, if he could be had for vet minimum, someone has to sit on the end of the bench.
The almost 80% free throw shooting would be nice. But I doubt he would play much after missing defensive rotation after defensive rotation.
if he can play offense off the bench for spurts, that may help us. the sad part is Diaw is really the 2nd balanced big on the squad right now. after that, you have Splitter/Bonner/Blair. one can defend the paint, the others can't nor can create their own shots.

the thing that Scola would bring (leave out defense and let's just call him an offense first player) is the same thing Diaw would bring next to Duncan. having him spot our starters would essentially leave us with the same frontcourt without much drop off overall. at this point, i'm sure the Spurs are looking for best available player and he'd be better than Blair/Bonner next to Splitter.

also look at it this way, Scola would go against 2nd tier players, not starters (if Diaw were to start). now you're talking about a De Colo/Ginobili/Jackson/Scola/Splitter tandem off the bench (like Manu4Mayor has said) which greatly differs against the Neal/Manu/Jackson/Bonner/Splitter group we had last year. if we can nab him, we'd greatly improve.
Old 07-12-12, 04:20 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I'm not opposed (if you can believe it).

However, I don't think it's the type of player that Pop will be looking for to fill the final spot on the team (let's just call him an offense first player).

And if signing him is the difference between luxury tax and no luxury tax, I don't see a signing.
Old 07-12-12, 04:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
I'm not opposed (if you can believe it).

However, I don't think it's the type of player that Pop will be looking for to fill the final spot on the team (let's just call him an offense first player).

And if signing him is the difference between luxury tax and no luxury tax, I don't see a signing.
My assumption with the amnesty provision is that the old team gets refunded dollar for dollar any salary paid by their new team, so it wouldn't make sense to sign any amnestied player for more than the vet min. With that in mind, even if the Spurs went over the tax, bringing in any of these guys a what amounts to 2x the vet min is a no brainer.
Old 07-12-12, 04:46 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
how did Scola not get along with Pop/RC? if there's anything toward the talks, they didn't want to pay him over Bonner. never heard of any tension between the two unless there's a source incredibly close to the Spurs (and i only say this because while i was advocating an SJax reunion, with Will too...i guess , there were plenty of people here who said the Spurs didn't like Stephen Jackson and his supposed attitude and look what happened).

we have restraints towards the hard cap/luxury tax. now if you wanted to save money, amnestying Bonner and signing Scola for the minimum or even Bi-Annual (because it'd still be less than Bonner) would keep us under the tax if i'm not mistaken and the amnesty doesn't count against the cap anymore.
Replying to Jose's comments^^^^^^^^^

I did have a locker room source in the past but not a front office source to be honest. That person left the Spurs before last summer but he was exposed to the FO. But as far as myself wanting to bring back SJax goes.........it was later admitted by RC Buford that they did indeed had an interest in bringing SJax back for years not just last season! Which I didn't say that exactly but people claimed they knew they would never bring him back. Whatever! So sometimes I do pull stuff out of the air on my trade ideas but not always. Also some of those plans never happen even if the Spurs tried. I know the Spurs a while back really wanted Mike Miller bad. He most likely will never wear the silver and black and again this was years ago. I know they scouted Steve Novak a lot before his draft. And look they signed and re-signed him in recent times. I predicted Nando De Colo and at the exact pick in 2009. On Scola the only thing I heard was the Spurs and his agent having p*ssing contests. I think Pop likes Luis Scola. R.C. likes him. Sometimes the business end doesn't match up for both sides. Scola and Javtokas are the prime examples. The Spurs directed their focus and money on Matt Bonner and Jackie Butler instead of the previous mentioned players. That doesn't mean Pop and RC dislike Luis by any means personally or basketball wise. My source never tipped off to me that there was this ill will towards Scola. Also if anyone ever goes to the games.......Pop has a pre-game huggie fest sometimes with certain opposing players before games. Scola is one of them. You think Pop would hug Scola if he hated him? Pop would love to bring in Scola even today I would bet the house on that but ask yourself this everyone................. Bonner/Butler or Scola/Javtokas?
Old 07-12-12, 04:57 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
My assumption with the amnesty provision is that the old team gets refunded dollar for dollar any salary paid by their new team, so it wouldn't make sense to sign any amnestied player for more than the vet min. With that in mind, even if the Spurs went over the tax, bringing in any of these guys a what amounts to 2x the vet min is a no brainer.
Actually, the amnestied player goes out for an auction.
Any team under the salary (not luxury tax) cap ($58M) can bid on the player, up to the salary they have under the cap (note: this is not the luxury tax).

If ANY team under the cap wins/bids, they own the player for that amount. The releasing team pays the difference between the salary and the bid.

If no one bids, then the player is an unrestricted free agent. The releasing team must pay the entire salary.

Spurs are way over the salary cap. They can't bid on ANY amnestied player. They can hope NO ONE bids on player, and then the player will accept a vet minimum.
Old 07-12-12, 05:32 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post

I did have a locker room source in the past but not a front office source to be honest. That person left the Spurs before last summer but he was exposed to the FO. But as far as myself wanting to bring back SJax goes.........it was later admitted by RC Buford that they did indeed had an interest in bringing SJax back for years not just last season! Which I didn't say that exactly but people claimed they knew they would never bring him back. Whatever! So sometimes I do pull stuff out of the air on my trade ideas but not always. Also some of those plans never happen even if the Spurs tried. I know the Spurs a while back really wanted Mike Miller bad. He most likely will never wear the silver and black and again this was years ago. I know they scouted Steve Novak a lot before his draft. And look they signed and re-signed him in recent times. I predicted Nando De Colo and at the exact pick in 2009. On Scola the only thing I heard was the Spurs and his agent having p*ssing contests. I think Pop likes Luis Scola. R.C. likes him. Sometimes the business end doesn't match up for both sides. Scola and Javtokas are the prime examples. The Spurs directed their focus and money on Matt Bonner and Jackie Butler instead of the previous mentioned players. That doesn't mean Pop and RC dislike Luis by any means personally or basketball wise. My source never tipped off to me that there was this ill will towards Scola. Also if anyone ever goes to the games.......Pop has a pre-game huggie fest sometimes with certain opposing players before games. Scola is one of them. You think Pop would hug Scola if he hated him? Pop would love to bring in Scola even today I would bet the house on that but ask yourself this everyone................. Bonner/Butler or Scola/Javtokas?

Well spill the beans. Where did your source work in the organization? Come on, no one's journalists here and they don't work there anymore anyway. Closest I've come to knowing anyone is my sister's friend who was some kind of marketing employee and they got me a signed basketball with all the players names on it back in 91 or 92. But she was hot so she probably would have gotten that anyway.
Old 07-12-12, 05:56 PM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

I would. Really hope the Spurs could somehow get Scola or Brand with that last roster spot....

I hate hearing every player is going to the Nets, Heat or Lakers...lol
Brooklyn's #1 Spurs fan!!!
Old 07-12-12, 05:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Actually, the amnestied player goes out for an auction.
Any team under the salary (not luxury tax) cap ($58M) can bid on the player, up to the salary they have under the cap (note: this is not the luxury tax).

If ANY team under the cap wins/bids, they own the player for that amount. The releasing team pays the difference between the salary and the bid.

If no one bids, then the player is an unrestricted free agent. The releasing team must pay the entire salary.

Spurs are way over the salary cap. They can't bid on ANY amnestied player. They can hope NO ONE bids on player, and then the player will accept a vet minimum.
By that wording, I can't see how Scola or Brand would make it to SA.
Old 07-12-12, 06:25 PM
So Cal Spurs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSPURS View Post
I would. Really hope the Spurs could somehow get Scola or Brand with that last roster spot....

I hate hearing every player is going to the Nets, Heat or Lakers...lol
Yea that's the stupid media for you.
Old 07-12-12, 06:44 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Report: Rockets to use amnesty clause on Luis Scola; set sights on Dwight Howard

The Houston Rockets used the amnesty clause on Luis Scola clearing $21 million from their salary cap. (Garrett Ellwood/NBA/Getty Images)

The Houston Rockets have decided to use the amnesty provision on forward Luis Scola, according to Yahoo! Sports. The amnesty clause allows teams to release a player without having their salary count towards the salary cap.

The reports says the team will likely file paperwork on Friday and that the Dallas Mavericks are one of the teams who will likely pursue Scola. The Rockets are likely clearing out cap space in pursuit of Orlando Magic center Dwight Howard.

Scola still had three years and $21 million on his contract with Rockets. Scola, who was part of the gold medal winning Olympic team for Spain at the 2004 Athens games, averaged 15.5 points and 6.5 rebounded while playing all 66 games last season.

Report: Rockets to use amnesty clause on Luis Scola; set sights on Dwight Howard | SI Tracking Blog ? Tracking MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, and NCAA On Twitter

Old 07-12-12, 06:53 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Come ON!
Old 07-12-12, 07:35 PM

SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥

@ Mombear
Old 07-12-12, 07:44 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥ SCOLA ♥

@ Mombear

Old 07-12-12, 08:21 PM
SR Team Goof

Hoochie Mama!
Old 07-12-12, 10:51 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Well spill the beans. Where did your source work in the organization? Come on, no one's journalists here and they don't work there anymore anyway. Closest I've come to knowing anyone is my sister's friend who was some kind of marketing employee and they got me a signed basketball with all the players names on it back in 91 or 92. But she was hot so she probably would have gotten that anyway.
Not spilling the beans sorry. No not a marketing person lol. I said a locker room source. Could have been a coach? Could have been a scout? A basketball related intern? Not telling. My source had his sources too and first hand knowledge in his face at times. And he was exposed to CIA Pop. Pop lives up to that nickname! Like I said there were things they tried to do that never panned out. So the rumors were not false. They just didn't materialize sometimes. That's any pro sports team though. I don't have a US Secret Clearance by spilling the beans FYI lol.
Old 07-12-12, 10:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:

Add Lorbek to that list
Old 07-12-12, 11:14 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Add Lorbek to that list
Yes that's true. Maybe they have a shot on Scola again??? What makes it frustrating for me is that Lorbek and Javtokas had no buyouts at the time of their possible forecasted arrivals. Scola always had a buyout and it was not cheap one. That was a huge problem because the Spurs could only contribute so much to it for Scola.
Old 07-12-12, 11:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Yes that's true. Maybe they have a shot on Scola again??? What makes it frustrating for me is that Lorbek and Javtokas had no buyouts at the time of their possible forecasted arrivals. Scola always had a buyout and it was not cheap one. That was a huge problem because the Spurs could only contribute so much to it for Scola.
The worst part is that Lorbek would have been on the roster already had it not been for the lockout.
Old 07-13-12, 02:24 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

How much would we have to pay him and how much will the Rockets still owe him? Those are the key questions.

Amnesty Claim on Scola May Be Prohibitive

http://bit.ly/NcvcHM

Under the normal procedure of making an amnesty claim, teams with cap room can put in a blind bid as the Sacramento Kings did on Travis Outlaw, waived by the then-New Jersey Nets. Submitting a bid $3 million, the Kings took on Outlaw over the final four years of his deal . . . each at $3 million for a total of $12 million.

For a cap team to add Scola at a similar rate per year would be a great deal, except there’s a significant complication.

As confirmed by cap guru Larry Coon, a player with a partially guarantee salary requires a minimum bid of the non-guaranteed amount. Scola is set to make $9.4 million and $10.2 million over the next two years. His final season is for $11.0 million with just $1 million guaranteed.

Therefore a minimum amnesty claim for Scola would start at the non-guarantee portion of exactly $10,041,037. That amount needs to be paid over three years, so the lowest claim would be $3,347,012.

Few teams have that kind of cap space which may open the door for Luis to clear waivers completely.

In a similar situation, Darko Milicic of the Minnesota Timberwolves, also an amnesty cut, has just $1.8 million of his salary for 2013/14 guaranteed out of $5.7 million which would set the minimum bid to $3.9 million over two years so $1.95 million.

The case is different with Brendan Haywood whose final year is completely non-guaranteed. A claim could be sent in at just $1.35 million per year over the next three, which is certainly a reasonable amount for a solid, if imperfect, seven-footer.
Old 07-13-12, 05:58 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombear View Post
Scola, who was part of the gold medal winning Olympic team for Spain at the 2004 Athens games, averaged 15.5 points and 6.5 rebounded while playing all 66 games last season.

Report: Rockets to use amnesty clause on Luis Scola; set sights on Dwight Howard | SI Tracking Blog ? Tracking MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL, and NCAA On Twitter
With things like this is that you become frustrated. Maybe they don't want to remember which one was the first team to beat an NBA USA Team on a World Championship in Indianapolis...
Old 07-13-12, 07:12 AM
Official Whorry Hater!

And that's from Sports Illustrated.. I guess they just let anyone have a column whether they know their facts or not.