News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-12, 07:31 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Dallas trades Ian to Indiana for Darren Collison and Dahntay Jones!!!

I just saw that was tweeted several times by pretty solid sources that a sign and trade deal was done involving Ian!!! Why the hell couldn't we do something like that?!?!

In other news...they also plan to amnesty Brendan Haywood. Pretty good moves IMO.

Last edited by SPUROFTHAMOMENT; 07-11-12 at 07:38 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-11-12, 07:59 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

I wonder if Indy keeps Ian?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-11-12, 09:13 PM
SpursReport Team Member

How can they trade ian and we can't trade bonner or blair!?
Old 07-11-12, 09:50 PM
SpursReport Team Member

What the heck is Indiana thinking? They trade one of their best players in Collison for a an overpaid Mahimi.
Old 07-11-12, 09:52 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu4Mayor View Post
What the heck is Indiana thinking? They trade one of their best players in Collison for a an overpaid Mahimi.
Yeah of course, now damn Dallas gets better! Great. Spurs get crap and other teams keep pulling off these damn trades. Dallas is not great no, but they did get bailed out from having nothing.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 07-11-12, 09:52 PM

Danny Green just became vastly underpaid since he's earning the same as Ian
Old 07-12-12, 03:35 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataipaepae View Post
How can they trade ian and we can't trade bonner or blair!?
It was a sign and trade deal.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 07-12-12, 05:52 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
they also plan to amnesty Brendan Haywood
Any thoughts on this???
Old 07-12-12, 09:12 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Wow. That's a great trade for Dallas. Not sure quite what Indiana's thinking. Maybe Collison was ticked that Hill took over his starting spot, because that's why he got traded from NOH to Indiana anyway.
Old 07-12-12, 04:06 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Wow. That's a great trade for Dallas. Not sure quite what Indiana's thinking. Maybe Collison was ticked that Hill took over his starting spot, because that's why he got traded from NOH to Indiana anyway.
$4M for a backup big isn't ridiculous money. What I don't get is why they didn't just sign him outright as an unrestricted free agent.

Maybe they like what they have as a backup PG and plan on putting Hill into the point for good. Two smalls for a big isn't a bad trade. But still, sign the dude outright and keep Collison!
Old 07-12-12, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
$4M for a backup big isn't ridiculous money. What I don't get is why they didn't just sign him outright as an unrestricted free agent.

Maybe they like what they have as a backup PG and plan on putting Hill into the point for good. Two smalls for a big isn't a bad trade. But still, sign the dude outright and keep Collison!
i agree with this. just Collison alone would've gotten another decent guy back or a draft pick.
Old 07-12-12, 05:40 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I suspect Collison was a malcontent after losing his starting job. Still, that's a lot to give up for Ian.

Dallas is not a bad team with Collison/Jones/Marion/Nowitzki/Kaman.