News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-06-12, 05:59 PM
So Cal Spurs Fan

S&T For Camby?

“@SpearsNBAYahoo: NYK and MIA leaders in comp to land HOU C Marcus Camby with either $3m mini mid or Sign-N-Trade, source tells Y! SA,DAL, HOU also interested”
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-06-12, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley33177 View Post
“@SpearsNBAYahoo: NYK and MIA leaders in comp to land HOU C Marcus Camby with either $3m mini mid or Sign-N-Trade, source tells Y! SA,DAL, HOU also interested”
my goodness, Kevin MccHale needs a red headed PF to shoot 3's! there's your $3 million right there!
Old 07-06-12, 06:38 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

We've sure got better assets than most of those other options.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-06-12, 06:44 PM

for the love of sweet potato pie, for all the times people have put in ridiculous packages of Bonner/Neal/Blair, with how Houston's luck has been

THIS IS THE TIME TO BRING UP THAT TRADE IDEA PEOPLE!
Old 07-06-12, 06:58 PM
So Cal Spurs Fan

Houston is loaded with PFs and has Camby bird rights. A trade like Splitter+Neal for Paterson and Camby (S&T) wouldn't be that bad for Spurs.
Old 07-06-12, 07:24 PM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley33177 View Post
Houston is loaded with PFs and has Camby bird rights. A trade like Splitter+Neal for Paterson and Camby (S&T) wouldn't be that bad for Spurs.
Now that's a trade I would indorse.
Old 07-06-12, 07:33 PM
So Cal Spurs Fan

I could see it, because this is probably the only way the Spurs can get Camby, by paying him more than the Heat can, because they'd get back three young assets for Splitter, who I doubt they want to pay in the neighborhood of $8M annually a season from now and because it would fit with their plan of trying to contend in the short term, while not clogging up the cap long term.
Old 07-06-12, 07:35 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Bonner and Splitter for Scola and the rights to 2009 draft pick guard Sergio Llul. Make it happen Pop & RC!
Old 07-06-12, 07:36 PM
So Cal Spurs Fan

Ken Berger: Spurs focused on re-signing Tim Duncan, but have agreed to stay in touch with Camby's camp as things develop. Twitter

Ken Berger: After Marcus Camby meets with Knicks and Heat this weekend, talks with Dallas and San Antonio expected to follow, league source says. Twitter
Old 07-06-12, 08:11 PM
SpursReport Team Member

getting Neal and Splitter would be great for Hou IMHO for camby.
Old 07-07-12, 12:59 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Pass. Let those other suckers over pay for Camby's services. He's two steps away from the retirement home. Too many other good players out there to get THAT excited.
Old 07-07-12, 01:31 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Chris Tomasson: Source: Marcus Camby Miami visit unaffected by Ray Allen decision. That's after another source said earlier Houston open to sign and trade Twitter
Old 07-07-12, 01:50 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Ken Berger: Spurs focused on re-signing Tim Duncan, but have agreed to stay in touch with Camby's camp as things develop. Twitter

Ken Berger: After Marcus Camby meets with Knicks and Heat this weekend, talks with Dallas and San Antonio expected to follow, league source says. Twitter
Old 07-07-12, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
what happened to the "i'm a Spur for life" thing, TD? yeah the Spurs are low balling him, only reason i can come up with for not re-signing on July 1
Old 07-07-12, 12:22 PM
SpursReport Team Member

He can't sign until July 11th. No one can.
Old 07-09-12, 12:00 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

why people are trading a 26 years old splitter for a 36 or 37 years camby? and plus neal?? coomon! .

A)lets grab henry sims and if didnt pan out, one after another undrafterd/ FA pf/c, maybe someone sticks with the team...

or B) sign and trade patty mills around 2.1 million (is supposed that houston needs a PG) and blair at 900k for camby around 3 mill..

Last edited by JuanCaca; 07-09-12 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-09-12, 01:10 PM

You don't let Splitter go to get a guy like Camby IMO. Camby is a short-term measure, Splitter may be part of our future.
Old 07-09-12, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
You don't let Splitter go to get a guy like Camby IMO. Camby is a short-term measure, Splitter may be part of our future.
i agree with this. it may be that Camby is more balanced in his game than the rest of our bigs (sort of like Duncan's role of spotting up nowadays).

i would trade Splitter, but we'd have to see. the thing that makes me wonder about Tiago is that people rave about how great Chip is teaching guys how to shoot, then why hasn't he gotten a shot yet?

if he could develop a shot, then his post game would improve tremendously.
Old 07-09-12, 05:56 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
i agree with this. it may be that Camby is more balanced in his game than the rest of our bigs (sort of like Duncan's role of spotting up nowadays).

i would trade Splitter, but we'd have to see. the thing that makes me wonder about Tiago is that people rave about how great Chip is teaching guys how to shoot, then why hasn't he gotten a shot yet?

if he could develop a shot, then his post game would improve tremendously.
Have you heard about a "lock out" last summer, and a "compressed season" to follow?

I think it's fair to offer a pass to any player development over the last 18 months (pre 2011 training camp).
If there is no improvement by this time next year, bust his chops. If we hear that he's spending time in Rio instead of in the gym, then knock him. But to complain that players haven't improved over the last year and a half doesn't include the whole picture.
Old 07-09-12, 06:07 PM

What he said. This goes for splitter, and it goes double for Cory Joseph, who was coming off a freshman season at Texas where he only play point guard part time.
Old 07-09-12, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
Have you heard about a "lock out" last summer, and a "compressed season" to follow?

I think it's fair to offer a pass to any player development over the last 18 months (pre 2011 training camp).
If there is no improvement by this time next year, bust his chops. If we hear that he's spending time in Rio instead of in the gym, then knock him. But to complain that players haven't improved over the last year and a half doesn't include the whole picture.
his whole time as a Spur, he hasn't developed anything (have ANY of our guys improved in the last 3 years? not even FT's). the Spurs knew Splitter didn't have a shot from the get go, that should've been priority #1 since he's been doing the same thing since he first got here.

the only thing Chip's gotten credit for was Parker's mid range jumper (and even that's been lacking as of late)