News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-12, 01:27 PM
So Cal Spurs Fan

76ers Have Decided To Amnesty Elton Brand

76ers have decided to Amnesty as per Wojo on twitter.

The 76ers have decided to use the amnesty clause on Elton Brand and the $18M left on final year of his deal, league sources tell Y! Sports.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-06-12, 01:55 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

first!

lets grab elton brand for the vet min :-)
The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinson’s face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and then say, “Hey, Shaq, watch this shot right here off the glass.” Shaquille O'Neal on Tim duncan.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-06-12, 02:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Too bad we can't put Elton in the wayback machine. Spurs could use 2004-5 Elton Brand. He was always one of my favorite players.
Old 07-06-12, 03:13 PM
SpursReport 2010 Pick The Winner Champion

For the right money I wouldn´t mind him... But someone will take him first.
I guess this makes the Sixers major players in the FA now. They must have much cap space after this move
Old 07-06-12, 03:26 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille View Post
For the right money I wouldn´t mind him... But someone will take him first.
I guess this makes the Sixers major players in the FA now. They must have much cap space after this move
Not unless you call re-signing Spencer Hawes and signing Nick Young to a one year deal (whut?) "major players." Geniuses.
Old 07-06-12, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Not unless you call re-signing Spencer Hawes and signing Nick Young to a one year deal (whut?) "major players." Geniuses.
hey hey hey!

agree with you, Nick Young in a one year MLE deal isn't too smart (especially if he plays crazy again in a contract year where they can't afford him) and Spencer Hawes will most likely get overpaid.
Old 07-07-12, 12:40 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

David Falk on Brand's role with the Sixers and what kind of team he's hoping he lands with... "You don’t want a situation where he’s not playing a lot and it creates a lot of tension. He’s got four or five good years left. He’s only 33 years old. And the last thing you want is to be in an environment where you’re not playing, so we have to wait and see what happens with the amnesty and I’m very confident that he’ll go somewhere and re-establish his career."
Old 07-07-12, 12:42 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Ken Berger: In addition to Dallas, Indiana is weighing whether to put in a bid for amnestied forward Elton Brand, leaugue source says. Twitter

(Surprise, surprise. Dallas trying to land yet ANOTHER player)?
Old 07-07-12, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Ken Berger: In addition to Dallas, Indiana is weighing whether to put in a bid for amnestied forward Elton Brand, leaugue source says. Twitter

(Surprise, surprise. Dallas trying to land yet ANOTHER player)?
Dallas can afford his one year, $18 mill but i agree with you, why would Cuban try to get a guy on a one year deal so he can be in the same situation as last year?

with how badly it's going for Dallas, he might as well look for takers on Dirk's contract and start over instead of rebuilding with Dirk.
Old 07-07-12, 02:27 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Too rich for our blood.
Old 07-07-12, 04:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Could be had on the cheap if goes unclaimed on the waiver wire. He said last year that he always enjoyed playing against TD. Would be a nice punch off the bench if he came to SA. I'd like to see Lorbek and Camby here first and both Blair and Bonner traded somewhere

- Confucius