News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-12, 04:05 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

With Nash, Lakers odds of winning NBA Championship go way up (over Spurs)

Arash Markazi: Lakers are up to 5-1 odds to win the 2013 NBA title according to MGM Resorts Intl. Twitter. about 3 hours ago

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-06-12, 07:04 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Too early to talk.
Old 07-06-12, 07:16 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

What amazes me is that they were even 8-1 favorites BEFORE the Nash acquisition.

Seriously?!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-06-12, 07:38 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

I think they are giving the effect that Steve Nash will have on the Lakers way too much credit. They are giving alot of weight to the asset and not enough weight to the liability. I think when it is all said and done, Nash's bad back, age, and lack of defense will even out anything he brings to the offensive end. Can you see Nash guarding TP? Can you see Nash guarding Russell Westbrook? Can you see Nash guarding Chris Paul? This will put pressure on the rest of the starters to compensate for Nash's deficiencies on defense.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 07-06-12, 08:12 AM
SpursReport Rookie

agreed, how were they even a consideration before the nash move? and how are the knick that high? crazy...
Old 07-06-12, 08:41 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Impact of city size/fan base on betting odds. Not exactly rational.
Old 07-06-12, 10:06 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

bulls without rose over the 2 previous semi-finalists? knicks with mister I-hurt-myself ...seriously?