News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-04-12, 03:01 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Rumor: Nocioni to Spurs?

A little (well informed) birdy told me yesterday that Nocioni was approached by Spurs for a 2 years contract. I have not much more details than these, so take this with a grain of salt, specially when the same source said Chapu is really happy in Spain and his current team Caja Laboral is rumored to offer him a pretty hefty contract and Spurs' offer seems to be attached to him NOT PLAYING at Olympics
Old 07-04-12, 03:25 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Also, it seems like Delfino was contacted as well, but he's close to sign with either Suns or Pacers, so merely anecdotic. Either way, looks like Spurs are actively looking for SF
Old 07-04-12, 03:47 PM
SR Team Goof

Swell. Bring in Andres about 5 years after we really wanted him. After we sign Nocioni, maybe we can get Dikembe Mutombo to come out of retirement. :sarcasm
"I'm always amazed to hear of victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is?" - Paul Merton
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-04-12, 04:23 PM
SpursReport Team Member

well, I think the problem with Nocioni is he's too young for Pop, maybe 5 years more... who knows. And based in experience, Spurs are very likely to make a run at Mutombo.

Either way, the bottom line is Spurs are looking for SF. SJax bye bye? Maybe trading Kawhi for a 40+ years old player? Who knows...
Old 07-04-12, 04:36 PM
Administrator

One can only hope we get another Argentinian.
Old 07-04-12, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulce View Post
One can only hope we get another Argentinian.
i expected this post from Mombear, but et tu Dulce?
Old 07-04-12, 05:40 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I mentioned this possibility a while ago and if he does come on the cheap, then I'd like the setup of the team with him as backup SF and De Colo as backup pg. That more than likely, will leave the FO address only the big situation. If able to get Lorbek and Diaw I'd be happy with that, but moving Blair and Bonner is vital to having a chance at getting an enforcer type in the paint

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-04-12, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
I mentioned this possibility a while ago and if he does come on the cheap, then I'd like the setup of the team with him as backup SF and De Colo as backup pg. That more than likely, will leave the FO address only the big situation. If able to get Lorbek and Diaw I'd be happy with that, but moving Blair and Bonner is vital to having a chance at getting an enforcer type in the paint
Nocioni can play the PF position too (like Battier). i wouldn't mind that tbh (being sarcastic earlier).

if he would play PF in special situations, then you basically got an excuse to not play Blair/Bonner (unless we have Duncan/Splitter/Diaw/Lorbek, if possible)
Old 07-04-12, 06:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Noc won't get us over the top.
I don't see him defending Lebron or KD.
I'm not even sure how his knees are.
But one thing is for sure - he will bring some nasty on defense.
So maybe in that regard, he'll lift the team.
Old 07-04-12, 07:13 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

He can play 15-20 minutes of tough D.
I would loooove to have Delfino on the team, though
Old 07-04-12, 07:34 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Why?

I have read all posts and still see a reason to sign Nocioni. He clearly is past his prime and with SJ and Kawhi (unless Kawhi moves to SG which brings up other questions - i.e. Green, Neal, etc.),I just don't see any space for him. And I don't buy him playing PF. Will be interesting if this turns out to be true.

Could also be a sign that Diaw will not be retained but at least has played PF/C before.

Last edited by montgod; 07-04-12 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-04-12, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
I think my account was hacked.
Old 07-04-12, 08:20 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulce View Post
I think my account was hacked.

Old 07-04-12, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montgod View Post
I have read all posts and still see a reason to sign Nocioni. He clearly is past his prime and with SJ and Kawhi (unless Kawhi moves to SG which brings up other questions - i.e. Green, Neal, etc.),I just don't see any space for him. And I don't buy him playing PF. Will be interesting if this turns out to be true.

Could also be a sign that Diaw will not be retained but at least has played PF/C before.
Diaw can play the 3-4-5 positions

i think Nocioni would be our version of Shane Battier. if he'd come here, it'd be for the vet min. i don't see us offering him more if we're gonna bring De Colo/Lorbek.
Old 07-05-12, 01:42 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Swell. Bring in Andres about 5 years after we really wanted him. After we sign Nocioni, maybe we can get Dikembe Mutombo to come out of retirement. :sarcasm
:applause
Old 07-05-12, 07:51 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
:applause
Shouldn't that be

Old 07-05-12, 11:28 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

We should also look into bringing Gervin back to come off the bench for an offensive spark.
Old 07-05-12, 01:16 PM
The Master Baiter

All these names coming up is NOT a good sign. That means they don't expect the guys from last year to return. And the guys they are looking at are not as good. And it still doesn't solve any of the problems they had before.
Old 07-05-12, 01:30 PM

Funny thing is there is no word at all on Diaw getting any other offers. And while Patty Mills has been discussed, it looks like his major options that were in the rumor mill (Dallas and LAL) have already made their moves.

And the rumors on Danny Green have faded.
Old 07-05-12, 02:52 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I didnt really think about it that way, I guess that could mean that things arent going well with the other guys. apparently danny is coming back but i have not gotten any news on the diaw front... a little worried i think we need him back.
Old 07-05-12, 03:19 PM

I can think of two major possibilities.

One is Diaw/his agent had inflated expectations of who would come after them, but they've gotten radio silence thus far. And Spurs are going to let the market determine his value.

Two, which seems more likely, is that the Spurs have told guys they want them back and they are just trying to see if they can snake some upgrade out of the MLE before they finalize anything with current players. In other words, Diaw's salary expectations may be modest and it's the Spurs who are seeing what they can get with leftover money.
Old 07-11-12, 04:04 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Nocioni's agent has confirmed there are 2 NBA teams after Nocioni in the run, but the Spurs door is closed