News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-02-12, 06:52 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Trade Green for Millsap? (With link)

talk about rather the Spurs should try and trade Green for Millsap. Your thoughts?

Should the Jazz and Spurs starting talking trade? | July
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-02-12, 06:55 PM

according to Hoopshype, they want to trade Harris for Marvin Williams (basically G for F swap both ways in the trades).

they can't afford Milsap with the boatload of bigs they have. he's only 2 inches taller than Blair, but he's better around the basket and stronger. he's a more skilled Malik Rose imo and i wouldn't mind him. if it doesn't work out, he'll just be a rental anyway (unless we re-sign him).

the thing about him is he'll want to start and i wouldn't mind that. if we re-sign Diaw and he comes off the bench, the better for us balance wise. it would then be interesting to see where Lorbek fits in (this is where i believe the Spurs may use the amnesty on Bonner to open up a spot since we'd be trading off offensive minded players in Bonner-Lorbek and keeping Blair. i don't think we'd cut Blair's lesser contract.)

it'd be another story if they'd take Bonner or Blair's contracts in the trade though, where an amnesty wouldn't be needed and an extra roster spot would be open (for De Colo maybe?)
Old 07-02-12, 07:03 PM
SpursReport Team Member

No! I live in utah and do not want millsap. We don't need another undersized PF. And one with an ego.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-02-12, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataipaepae View Post
No! I live in utah and do not want millsap. We don't need another undersized PF. And one with an ego.
we've had guys with egos before (Stephen Jackson, Robert Horry) and those guys gave us an edge. i agree, he's a punk at times, but sometimes a team needs that kind of mentality. he's a double double guy and the part about him that's most attractive of all in the court is that he can catch the ball in the paint and finish. that's something we really haven't had next to Duncan in the post Robinson era without a pick and roll needed.
Old 07-02-12, 07:12 PM
SpursReport Rookie

if we might lose Green anyways and they would be will to take Bonner. I just don't see what harm it would be. Him and Jackson together would be interesting with both of their personalities, but I think he would fit in well.
Old 07-02-12, 07:17 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmengd View Post
if we might lose Green anyways and they would be will to take Bonner. I just don't see what harm it would be. Him and Jackson together would be interesting with both of their personalities, but I think he would fit in well.
You'd have to get rid of blair as well. you don't want two undersized PF.
Old 07-02-12, 07:26 PM

if Blair's the 5th big, he wouldn't play anyway unless someone got hurt and it wouldn't matter with Milsap starting since they wouldn't be on the floor together
Old 07-02-12, 07:37 PM
SpursReport Rookie

there are reports the Spurs have been trying to trade Blair. If that happens he would be the only one like that on the team like that. He is young and is the closest thing the Spurs could get as a all star type player with their contracts
Old 07-02-12, 07:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Milsap would be a huge pickup if this happened, he is a legitimate PF and we could then focus on him a young core to first help TD and then go forward.

I very much doubt this will happen as Milsap is a level above Green, so they may get more elsewhere.... but I would welcome his ego with open arms if Spurs made it happen.
Old 07-02-12, 08:51 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I would do any combo (pick 2) of Green/Blair/Bonner/Neal/Joseph for Millsap in a heartbeat.

He could play easily next to Splitter, Duncan, Lorbek, or Diaw (bit small though).

He is one tough rebounder and averaged nearly 2 steals a game last year.
Old 07-03-12, 12:00 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Unfortunately, he does have too much ego and hasn't gotten over himself. That could be a huge problem. He'll be in Pops doghouse quicker than you can bench more than half the Spurs team during a close playoff game.