News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 07-01-12, 05:46 PM
So Cal Spurs Fan

Spurs Interested In Ersan Ilyasova

Originally Posted by Twitter
Fred Kerber of the NY Post ‏@FredKerber
#Nets one time high radar target Ersan Ilyasova drawing interest from Bucks, Cavs, Raptors, Spurs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-01-12, 07:37 PM

doing our due diligence because he's a foreigner?
Old 07-01-12, 10:12 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

He is a solid player who would really fit in well here. I have said before, he is who Matt Bonner wants to be when he grows up. Shoots very well from outside, and is a relentless rebounder who plays tough position defense. Problem is we will surely be outbid by the nets or bucks. He will command more than the mid-level exception most likely. But if not, we'll be happy to scoop him up I'm sure.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-01-12, 10:55 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

I would love to have Ilyasova!!! He is definetly a Spurs typer player. Had a breakout season with the Bucks and plays hard each and every night. Can rebound and bring some great height and energy to the bench. Grizz is right though....due to the breakout season, he will probably be getting paid....hopefully he will fall in our laps, but don't count on it.
Old 07-02-12, 03:28 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Pipe dream too good for what we'd offer hIm

- Confucius
Old 07-02-12, 03:35 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Old 07-02-12, 02:45 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Great up and coming player who deserves to be paid in the 8 million dollar range. Would love to see him in a Spurs uniform. He has size, can shoot and can rebound better than Bonner.

Oh wait . . . we have no money to spend.
Old 07-02-12, 03:07 PM

Even if we had $8mil, some nutty team like the Nets would offer more. He is just this year's hot target because he peaked at the right time.

He hasn't proven he can be Mr. 14pts/8rebounds/45% 3pt % over the course of multiple seasons (and his 3pt% was based on a scorching hot second half of the shortened season after shooting mediocre in the first half).
Old 07-02-12, 03:14 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Probably. He's buying his time waiting to cash in. He deserves it though. He's worked hard and actually produced.
Old 07-02-12, 04:06 PM

He came out and said that whoever pay in the most was going to get his services, so that is the end of the story as far as I am concerned. There is just no way because the Spurs have never outbid anyone for a hot free-agent.
Old 07-02-12, 05:46 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

The shuffling is not done. For now these are only rumors anyway. I don't even see an offer sheet.
Old 07-02-12, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
The shuffling is not done. For now these are only rumors anyway. I don't even see an offer sheet.
offer sheet? he's not a rookie
Old 07-02-12, 08:25 PM
So Cal Spurs Fan

Splitter is a Center, the Bucks would want him. You could definitely see a S&T this offseason by the Spurs.I think it would take Splitter, Bonner and Neal for Ilyasova. Honestly, I wouldn't mind the Spurs S&T for Mayo as well. They could have a 3 team trade where they trade Green to Utah, a 1st rounder to Memphis, and the Spurs pickup Mayo.

Spurs have alot of options this FA, and the way things are playing out, Im glad they didn't trade up in this draft but stay put and seem to be looking for established players to upgrade their roster.

Parker/Mills/De Colo
Mayo/Manu/De Colo
Kwahi/SJax
Ilyasova/Lorbek
Duncan/(FA Vet like Camby)

Its obvious the Spurs are working on something otherwise Duncan would have been resigned by now.
Old 07-02-12, 09:05 PM

Bucks have 4 bigs (Dalembert, Udoh, Gooden, Sanders). Not sure they really are after another one.

And I am really hesitant about letting Splitter go unless we get another solid low post option (like Millsap maybe). I wouldn't mind letting Green and Splitter go along with a few other parts if we get Udoh, Millsap, and maybe Raja Bell at the end.
Old 07-02-12, 09:16 PM

i edited my post because i do like your trade idea if they would take it.

we'd have to sign Lorbek/Diaw though. if we don't, Duncan/Camby as our main minutes guys will leave them either injured or with no legs for the playoffs. no Mayo either, we don't have enough money for Mayo nor would it be smart to sign Mayo over Diaw.

with the starting core we have now:

Parker/Leonard/Duncan/Diaw (hopefully), you can plug any guy on there in the 2 or 3 position and it'd work if they can spot up shoot and defend (look at Danny Green).
Old 07-02-12, 09:39 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
i edited my post because i do like your trade idea if they would take it.

we'd have to sign Lorbek/Diaw though. if we don't, Duncan/Camby as our main minutes guys will leave them either injured or with no legs for the playoffs. no Mayo either, we don't have enough money for Mayo nor would it be smart to sign Mayo over Diaw.

with the starting core we have now:

Parker/Leonard/Duncan/Diaw (hopefully), you can plug any guy on there in the 2 or 3 position and it'd work if they can spot up shoot and defend (look at Danny Green).
Ersan is one of the few guys I would take over Diaw. . . I mean if it were an either or situation.

Can't stand these guys who think signing someone like Beasley or Lewis would be a good thing for the Spurs.
Old 07-04-12, 01:33 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

NBA Rumors: Raps Interested in Kirilenko, Ilyasova; Looking to Deal Calderon | Bleacher Report

Raptors want him and are looking to trade Calderon.
Old 07-04-12, 03:06 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Bucks consider Ilyasova gone, other teams are the problem here. As for Ersan, he's tremendously inconsistent, he was great last season, but previous ones he was meh at best. Either way, an upgrade over Bonner and a nice alternative to the C position (although he's not a C, he produces very well in that position)
Old 07-06-12, 03:02 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Ersan Ilyasova Tour is about to begin.

Ilyasova, the Milwaukee Bucks talented young forward who is an unrestricted free agent, intends on meeting with representatives of several NBA teams over the next week.

“We plan on visiting three teams in the next week and maybe some after that,” said Tolga Tugsavul, one of Ilyasova’s representatives, in a telephone interview from Turkey. “We will be talking to some teams in Europe, too.”

Ilyasova is a coveted free agent. Just 25 years old, he is coming off a stellar season in which he averaged 13 points and 8.8 rebounds in just 27 minutes a game.

In the last 13 games, Ilyasova scored 16 or more points in eight of them. In that same span, he had eight games where he collected 10 or more rebounds.

Ilyasova raised eyebrows around the NBA with a monster game against Brooklyn, nee New Jersey. That’s when he scored 29 points and grabbed 25 rebounds.

The Bucks have presented Ilyasova with a guaranteed five-year contract, apparently between $7-8 million a year. That would make Ilyasova the second-highest paid player on the Bucks’ roster behind Monta Ellis, who’ll be paid $11 million this season.

However, at $8 million a season, Ilyasova would be paid just slightly more than backup guard Beno Udrih, who’ll be paid $7.8 next season. Udrih’s number paled in comparison to Ilyasova’s as he averaged a mere 5.9 points and 18 minutes a game as a non-starter.

Tugsavul made it quite clear the Bucks’ offer wasn’t acceptable for him.

“We’re looking for a better offer,” Tugsavul said succinctly.

While Tugsavul was guarded about Ilyasova’s intentions, some acquaintances of Ilyasova told The Journal Times he wasn’t particularly content in Milwaukee and would sign with another team that made a comparable or better offer than the Bucks.

Tugsavul wouldn’t divulge how much Ilyasova is seeking, but some people who have been involved with Ilyasova’s free-agent activities said it was $10 million a season.

Asked when he expected Ilyasova to select a team, Tugsavul said, “within the next 10 days.”

Basketball
Old 07-06-12, 03:20 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Can't get him except S&T.

And we can only use S-Jax and Blair in exchange which is very risky and can limit our cap in the future.
Old 07-06-12, 08:37 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

He is a guy I could see paying 10 million a year.

He took a real leap in his play this season. He was a dominate rebounder, and a very reliable scorer shooting an incredible percentage for a guy that also shoots the 3.
Old 07-06-12, 08:41 AM

You always have to be careful of guys who have a breakout season in a contract year. Especially if they have a history of inconsistency before that.

Ilyasova didn't have a great season. He had a phenomenal second half season and a mediocre first half season. I don't question that he's a good player, but I hate to bid against other teams on the assumption the current pace will continue.
Old 07-06-12, 08:50 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
You always have to be careful of guys who have a breakout season in a contract year. Especially if they have a history of inconsistency before that.

Ilyasova didn't have a great season. He had a phenomenal second half season and a mediocre first half season. I don't question that he's a good player, but I hate to bid against other teams on the assumption the current pace will continue.
You are correct in general, but in Ilyasova's case, there are circumstances that make me believe that he can be consistent. The change that separates the 1st half of his season and the second is that we was moved into the starting lineup. IMHO when you see a guy go from the bench to starting, and his game really picks up. . . .that is different than a guy who just gets hot at the end of the season.
Old 07-07-12, 12:37 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Bob Finnan: Bucks PF Ersan Ilyasova might visit #Cavs "sometime next week," his agent said. Agent said Cavs have legitimate interest Twitter

Earlier Tweet:

Mary Schmitt Boyer/Tom Reed: NBA source with knowledge of the situation insists #Cavs are not interested in Ersan Ilyasova Twitter