News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-30-12, 07:10 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Anthony Randolph or Michael Beasley?

both became unrestricted FA today. Which would you want. Think the Spurs will pursue either? Weren't they interested in Randolph before? I am not real familiar with either player but if I remember correctly Beasley can score a ton.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/06/b...medium=twitter
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-30-12, 07:12 PM

neither and no. Randolph is alright defensively but should be better with his gifts. Beasley is streaky and a SF/PF tweener. whatever we'd offer them, a team would up the ante since we can't offer much anyway
Old 06-30-12, 07:15 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Both, if possible. But everyone will say Randolph over Beasley because of his history. Put that aside, put him with the right group and he's a focused Lamar Odom type player. Both guys 6-10.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-30-12, 07:20 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Jose-

Don't we have the mid lvl we could offer one of them? I thought Randolph was still very very young with upside. With the right group of veterans and leadership doesn't he have a chance to blossom into something special?
Old 06-30-12, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmengd View Post
Jose-

Don't we have the mid lvl we could offer one of them? I thought Randolph was still very very young with upside. With the right group of veterans and leadership doesn't he have a chance to blossom into something special?
we do, but if we're looking at bringing in Lorbek and/or De Colo, we'll need to use some of the MLE on one of them or the Bi-Annual Exception.

if we look to re-sign Diaw, that's coming out of the MLE also
Old 06-30-12, 07:30 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Spurs need the athletic 4 when teams (OKC) go small that defends and can keep pressure opponents to stay honest defensively. Neither is that altogether but both offer some of that. I would chance one of them over resigning diaw. 3yr-15mil in this new CBA environment and either can be had. Spurs can afford that.
First choice would be Beasley (greater ceiling, higher risk though)
Old 06-30-12, 09:02 PM
So Cal Spurs Fan

I hope the Spurs haven't put all their eggs into the Diaw and Lorbek nests.

A lot of interesting names that are available.
Old 06-30-12, 09:26 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I do not want anything to do with those two jokers! Next............
Old 07-01-12, 04:32 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

I think Beasley (once a top Pick) could be a force in San Antonio-- especially if Pop and Stephen Jackson could help put him in line.
Old 07-01-12, 08:24 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
I do not want anything to do with those two jokers! Next............
Randolph averaged 8 points and 5.5 rebounds last year in 17 minutes of play a game. On a structured and good team with 25-30 minutes I believe he could be a 13 and 8 guy off the bench right now. I do believer hee would increase as well learning from duncan and getting quality minutes over time.

But he brings a 6'11" frame and 7'4"wing span. He is athletic and has a good jumper. Having him be the back up PF and taking with splitter would be really good.

Sign randolph and our to for bigs could be duncan and lorbek, randolph and splitter. That is much more size and length and athleticism. Them I would take a flyer on hasheem thabeet to be out 5th big. He would come relatively cheap and brings 7'3" size and a 7'6" wing span.as a fifth big though it wouldn't be bad. He it's silk young too and could learn and grow.
Old 07-01-12, 08:36 AM
Black and Silver Galore

both if they will take less
Old 07-02-12, 04:01 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Suns are prepared to use the available space elsewhere with President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby, General Manager Lance Blanks and Coach Alvin Gentry meeting unrestricted free agent Michael Beasley today in Los Angeles and restricted free agent Eric Gordon in Phoenix on Tuesday. Beasley, the former No. 2 pick in the 2008 draft, was considered a surefire talent coming out of Kansas State but was an inconsistent, oft-injured reserve small forward last season, averaging a career-low 11.5 points and 4.4 rebounds for Minnesota.

azcentral.com blogs - Coro's Orange Slices - PaulCoro - Suns' free agency pursuits open with Beasley, Gordon
Old 07-02-12, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamo123 View Post
Spurs need the athletic 4 when teams (OKC) go small that defends and can keep pressure opponents to stay honest defensively. Neither is that altogether but both offer some of that. I would chance one of them over resigning diaw. 3yr-15mil in this new CBA environment and either can be had. Spurs can afford that.
First choice would be Beasley (greater ceiling, higher risk though)
you make valid points, but they're both lopsided in one way. if you want to go with defense, you go Randolph. you go with offense, you go Beasley (each one is horrid at the opposite thing they're good at).

honestly though, all around, we'd be better off if Kawhi learns the rotations on defense as the PF instead of signing either of those 2.
Old 07-02-12, 02:41 PM
SpursReport Rookie

We didn't do anything last year except basically sign TJ Ford. The Spurs have no money to spend. The only announcements they will be making are the re-signing of Green, Duncan and possibly Mills. Oh . . . and maybe Diaw.

Hello to your 2012-2013 Spurs.

Fail.
Old 07-02-12, 03:02 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

THAT's the Pessimist we know and love.
Old 07-02-12, 03:24 PM
The Eternal Optimist

Wrong Randolph!!!!
Old 07-02-12, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pessimist View Post
We didn't do anything last year except basically sign TJ Ford. The Spurs have no money to spend. The only announcements they will be making are the re-signing of Green, Duncan and possibly Mills. Oh . . . and maybe Diaw.

Hello to your 2012-2013 Spurs.

Fail.
we forgetting Danny Green & Stephen Jackson already?
Old 07-02-12, 04:02 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Good point Jose. The Spurs did more than just sign Ford in the off-season, and to leave out who they signed midseason is a glaring omission.