News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-30-12, 11:42 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Not popular

But would you be willing to trade manu with bonner to get rid of him?

Memphis just released oj mayo. Sign him to replace manu as that scorer off the bench.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-30-12, 01:02 PM
SpursReport Rookie

You lose more than just scoring off the bench by trading Manu...no way
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-30-12, 03:12 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I'm not sure OJ will be worth the money he's gonna get.
Old 06-30-12, 03:24 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataipaepae View Post
But would you be willing to trade manu with bonner to get rid of him?

Memphis just released oj mayo. Sign him to replace manu as that scorer off the bench.

Old 06-30-12, 03:27 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Manu = spur
Old 06-30-12, 04:03 PM
The Master Baiter

That would be a downgrade, but I'm ok with a Manu trade if it legitimately makes the team better. Especially this year with Manu playing in the Olympics, which automatically means some kind of major injury. Well, every year automatically means some major injury with Manu.
Old 06-30-12, 05:05 PM

and who do we sign when Mayo gets suspended by the team for roid rage and getting in a fight with a teammate because of money owed?
Old 07-01-12, 04:33 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Manu is going to make a crap load of money this year. Is he really still worth it?
Old 07-01-12, 08:15 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Manu is going to make a crap load of money this year. Is he really still worth it?
The answer is no. especially with him playing all summer for argentina. He is destined to get hurt next season.
Old 07-01-12, 02:19 PM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Manu is still Manu.
Old 07-01-12, 02:54 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo View Post
Yes. Statistically as good as ever.
Old 07-01-12, 06:55 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Yes. Statistically as good as ever.
But more than Tim? I don't think so. Particularly since Manu was injured more than half the season. This was the playoffs we were supposed to see the Manu we all loved and it just didn't happen.
Old 07-01-12, 07:36 PM

Manu has a 15% trade kicker, he won't be traded.

would i? depends who we got back to be honest (and who i would think should be included in coming to SA is no where near gonna happen )
Old 07-01-12, 10:44 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
Manu has a 15% trade kicker, he won't be traded.

would i? depends who we got back to be honest (and who i would think should be included in coming to SA is no where near gonna happen )
Well, it depends on who may want to clear cap space and what not. The team that gets Manu would have to pay about 2million on top of his contract amount for that year. That's not a whole lot. The trade kicker isn't exactly a deal breaker. Stranger things have happened.

I'm not saying there's anyone out there, but if the opportunity presented itself and it makes you better than you do it.
Old 07-01-12, 10:46 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Yes, I'd be willing to trade Manu with Bonner.....but replacing him with O.J. ......no thanks....
Old 07-01-12, 11:25 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
Yes, I'd be willing to trade Manu with Bonner.....but replacing him with O.J. ......no thanks....
A change of scenery never helps anyone !!!
Old 07-02-12, 12:06 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

So who's going to take on the contracts? Nobody's going to want Manu's expiring contract plus he's not going to be very valuable to their team anymore so why would they even do it and have to take on his contract. Add Bonner to the mix and I can't see any teams wanting to trade for them. Now if you're going to trade might as well add Tony in there. At least you can get something valuable back . Hopefully Manu gets to retire after this season. I would love to see him get into coaching but I don't think that'll happen.

Last edited by kmgospurs; 07-02-12 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-02-12, 02:58 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Trading Manu would be like committing ticket sales suicide. There is zero chance he ever gets traded. Tony Parker on the other hand . . . when the wheels start to come off in about two years, I can see the Spurs trying to get something for him. There will be a contender needing a guard who could possibly give us a #1 or a young player.
Old 07-02-12, 04:01 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Manu ginobili he is a spur for life. End of story.