News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-30-12, 11:41 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Market value set?

So Kevin Garnett just re-signed with Celts for 3 years 34 million. Sounds about right for Duncan.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-30-12, 12:26 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I hope not, too many years, and too much money in my eyes. I would like to see Duncan get no more than 2 years, and somewhere between 16-20 million so we can hopefully make a run at a big man, and maybe Batum.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-30-12, 12:29 PM
So Cal Spurs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur Dynasty View Post
I hope not, too many years, and too much money in my eyes. I would like to see Duncan get no more than 2 years, and somewhere between 16-20 million so we can hopefully make a run at a big man, and maybe Batum.
I agree i'm sure Duncan would accept to take a paycut.
Old 06-30-12, 12:47 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spur Dynasty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley33177 View Post
I agree i'm sure Duncan would accept to take a paycut.
In 2001 David Robinson signed his last 2 year contract for 20 million. What on earth makes any of you think Tim Duncan will sign for less 10 years later?
Old 06-30-12, 03:16 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

To be honest, I thought Duncan might be willing to take 10 Mil a year. I hope he does for two years.
Old 06-30-12, 03:29 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Two years, twenty four million with team option for third year
Old 06-30-12, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
In 2001 David Robinson signed his last 2 year contract for 20 million. What on earth makes any of you think Tim Duncan will sign for less 10 years later?
he wasn't the best player on the team nor did we absolutely need cap space to improve the team because of Duncan.

now Duncan is essentially our best big on his last legs. not the same situation because Duncan signing for $10-12 million would kill off our FA hopes to improve the team some.
Old 06-30-12, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
16-20 million a year and get Batum? No chance. I'd rather blow it all up than pay Tim 16-20 million a year. That's an insane figure to pay out to a 36 year old declining player. He is not Michael Jordan. 2 years and 22 million that's my ceiling.
i think the person meant the 2 years = $16-18 mill overall (which would have him at $8-9 mill per year).
Old 06-30-12, 07:50 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
i think the person meant the 2 years = $16-18 mill overall (which would have him at $8-9 mill per year).
okay my bad. but it said 16-20 not 16-18 lol