News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-28-12, 05:10 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Spurs apparently trying to move Blair

According to ESPN the spurs are actively trying to move dejuan blair.

I have a feeling we are trying to maneuver to get another draft pick. what team do you think might have an interest in blair? can we get into the late first round?

I think we can, it just depends what the other team is looking for. most teams will see blair as a hustle rebounder and a decent finisher around the rim. we shall see...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-28-12, 05:14 PM
SpursReport Rookie

oops, just realized this was already posted in another thread...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-28-12, 06:26 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Gotta hate the anticipation....lol. I don't know what Blair could fetch us...possibly a late 1st round pick . I'm hoping for another bold and suprising move like last year.
Old 06-28-12, 06:47 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

+1
Old 06-28-12, 09:19 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Guess Blair is staying a Spur.
Old 06-29-12, 09:40 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Bet he gets released if no takers
Old 06-29-12, 10:56 PM
So Cal Spurs Fan

I can tolerate Blair as long as Bonner's gone. Bonner's the one that really has to go.
Old 06-29-12, 11:41 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley33177 View Post
I can tolerate Blair as long as Bonner's gone. Bonner's the one that really has to go.
I agree here, I would love a C and to get rid of both but Blair staying is not going to kill the Spurs IMO. Bonner is proven, non playoff guy and he is not going to change to say the least. I can't stand that dude.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-30-12, 02:51 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Blair is inexpensive, talented and has impact for this team. WHY would the Spurs be getting rid of this guy? It doesn't make too much sense unless...

I) The Spurs are really going to go after Roy Hibbert as has been rumored since Tim Duncan worked out with him during the lockout. Hibbert is restricted, but the Spurs could try to top load the contract and try to steal him from Indiana. This guy is arguably the second best free agent out there. A young All-Star that Duncan could help pass the torch to.

II) The Spurs are going to try to land Chris Kaman, who the Spurs really wanted. Yes, he is ugly, but the Spurs have tried on multiple occasions to land this guy and he was the sixth overall pick in the 2003 NBA Draft.

III) Pop just doesn't like Blair and there is no way Blair is getting out of his doghouse.
Old 06-30-12, 08:34 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

So now the Spurs are going to sign Diaw, Lorbek, De Colo AND Hibbert with the MLE? When did they get their request for a super-MLE get approved?
Old 06-30-12, 10:22 AM
Black and Silver Galore

blair oh my . maybe the FO knew something about blair that we dont,
Old 06-30-12, 03:18 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
So now the Spurs are going to sign Diaw, Lorbek, De Colo AND Hibbert with the MLE? When did they get their request for a super-MLE get approved?
Watch and learn.
Old 06-30-12, 03:23 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Scola for Blair Straight up!!!

Old 06-30-12, 05:39 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombear View Post

Scola for Blair Straight up!!!
That only works under the CBA if Blair were the grossly overpaid, declining big. Blair's cheap.