News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-28-12, 12:54 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Something might be brewing!

[COLOR=#000000]Spurs Shopping DeJuan Blair

Jun 28, 2012 12:04 PM EDT
The Spurs are shopping DeJuan Blair, according to sources.
Blair fell out San Antonio's rotation during the 11-12 season and is also open to a move.
The Spurs own the draft rights to several European prospects that they are interested in clearing roster space for.

Read more: Spurs Shopping DeJuan Blair - RealGM Wiretap[/COLOR]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-28-12, 12:59 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I wonder what we could get for Blair...Maybe a middle to late 2nd?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-28-12, 01:02 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Grizzlies are shopping their first rounder.
Old 06-28-12, 01:11 PM
So Cal Spurs Fan

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Spurs are shopping forward DeJuan Blair, league sources tell Y! Spurs have Euro picks they could bring over next season, need roster space.
Old 06-28-12, 01:41 PM

"something might be brewing"

i was thinking this was a "i ate too much Taco Bell for my birthday" post from Will
Old 06-28-12, 01:56 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I think he is worth a first rounder. A known quantity who started for the team with the league's best record one year and the second best record the previous year.

I don't really want to keep him because his rebounding rate dropped dramatically this year. I think he will be on the decline, not instantaneously, but I think some pundit (I forget who, maybe Jeff McDonald) said he's a classic big numbers on a bad team kind of guy.
Old 06-28-12, 02:50 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
"something might be brewing"

i was thinking this was a "i ate too much Taco Bell for my birthday" post from Will
oh geez Jose, I ate like a pig that day. So something was brewing at that time as well.
Old 06-28-12, 03:25 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Blair hasn't done anything 'wrong' he just isn't fitting in with what the Spurs need at this time. IMHO, his performance over the past two years would actually justify someone giving up a 12-20 pick for him.

He can play, he can score and on a team needing some experience and hustle he'd be a good fit.
Old 06-28-12, 03:30 PM
So Cal Spurs Fan

If Budinger was worth #18, hopefully Dejuan is somewhere around 25-30
Old 06-28-12, 03:44 PM
SR Team Goof

Swell. Now that the word is out, I'll have to move my 'shiner' to a new location. Maybe I can get Blair to help me.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-28-12, 04:36 PM
So Cal Spurs Fan

4:22pm et
san antonio spurs

In an effort to open up a roster spot, san antonio is reportedly shopping dejuan blair and they may have a taker from the western conference.
Adrian wojnarowski of yahoo! Sports reported the news first this morning, and jonathan givony of draftexpress.com followed that up with this tweet suggesting that golden state is interested in the powerful 6-foot-7 forward. The big question is what it will take to complete the deal. The warriors have four draft picks that they can use in negotiations, including the no. 30 pick they acquired from the spurs in march's richard jefferson-stephen jackson deal.
If the warriors and spurs can strike a deal, it could be a deal that benefits both teams -- and that's what trades are supposed to do, right? Golden state would get a cheap, experienced rebounder to play behind david lee at the four, while san antonio would gain a roster spot for one of their earlier european draft picks like erazem lorbek to come over next season.
Link: Espn insider
Old 06-28-12, 04:43 PM

the Warriors are really becoming some really great friends nowadays lol
Old 06-28-12, 04:55 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley33177 View Post
4:22pm et
san antonio spurs

In an effort to open up a roster spot, san antonio is reportedly shopping dejuan blair and they may have a taker from the western conference.
Adrian wojnarowski of yahoo! Sports reported the news first this morning, and jonathan givony of draftexpress.com followed that up with this tweet suggesting that golden state is interested in the powerful 6-foot-7 forward. The big question is what it will take to complete the deal. The warriors have four draft picks that they can use in negotiations, including the no. 30 pick they acquired from the spurs in march's richard jefferson-stephen jackson deal.
If the warriors and spurs can strike a deal, it could be a deal that benefits both teams -- and that's what trades are supposed to do, right? Golden state would get a cheap, experienced rebounder to play behind david lee at the four, while san antonio would gain a roster spot for one of their earlier european draft picks like erazem lorbek to come over next season.
Link: Espn insider
How about picks #30 and #52 for Blair. Warriors have 4 picks and don't need all those draft picks on a younger rebuilding team. Blair is still young but seasoned. If that's too much then swap #52 and #59. I'd want more than pick #30.
Old 06-28-12, 05:20 PM

#30 and #52 for Blair isn't crazy. I'd consider that.
Old 06-28-12, 10:53 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

It's a shame that Blair doesn't seem to fit in.

He was a starter on the team with the best regular season NBA record.

He lead the Spurs in Rebounds (per 48 Min)

He's one of the few who can not be blamed for the WCF flame out.

I for one will surely miss him.
Old 06-28-12, 11:14 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Don't worry Dave it doesn't look like you have to worry at this point.
Old 06-28-12, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dave View Post
It's a shame that Blair doesn't seem to fit in.

He was a starter on the team with the best regular season NBA record.

He lead the Spurs in Rebounds (per 48 Min)

He's one of the few who can not be blamed for the WCF flame out.

I for one will surely miss him.
Actually, he was #3 in rebounds per 48 min at 12.4 behind TD (15.3) and Splitter (13.1).

And I loved Blair when he first came. But this year he dropped off dramatically in rebound rate (7.0 in 21.4 mpg in 2011 vs. 5.5 in 21.3 mpg 2012).

On top of that, he never turned the corner to being consistent in position/team defense.
Old 06-29-12, 12:04 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

The only thing brewing was a good cup of coffee.
Old 06-29-12, 12:05 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
The only thing brewing was a good cup of coffee.
How did you know the coffee was good?
Old 06-29-12, 12:14 AM
Herman Cain of the board

I guess all that was brewing in the Spurs war room was coffee. Not impressed with this pick just like the James Anderson pick and the Cory Joseph selection. Don't get it.
Old 06-29-12, 12:56 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Did anyone check to see if Golden States' selections might have been made for the Spurs?

As for making space on the roster... that's garbage... We know James Anderson and possibly others might not be back so why make up this crappy excuse?
Old 06-29-12, 01:15 AM

Well, I think James Anderson is the only one guaranteed not to be back. Mills is still a possibility. Danny Green I would say is probable. No word on any trades with Golden State. I monitored the draft sites and Twitter feeds pretty closely, and there was no width of any activity from the Spurs.
Old 06-29-12, 02:15 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

The guy Golden State selected with the #52 pick smells like a guy the Spurs would go after...

Ognjen Kuzmic

Position: Center

Size: 7 feet, 240 pounds

Last team: Clinicas Rincon (Spain)

Stats: 10.4 points, 53.6 percent shooting, 8.6 rebounds, 2.1 blocks in 2011-12 for Clinicas Rincon in Spain.

Strengths: Athletic for a 7-footer with good skills.

Weaknesses: Needs to get stronger and tougher when banging inside.
Old 06-29-12, 07:47 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
Did anyone check to see if Golden States' selections might have been made for the Spurs?

As for making space on the roster... that's garbage... We know James Anderson and possibly others might not be back so why make up this crappy excuse?
I agree and mentioned this in a previous post. GS made two foreign 7fter picks. Just makes you wonder
Old 06-30-12, 11:27 AM
Black and Silver Galore

i agree on this something might be brewing