News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-28-12, 09:06 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Draft 2night!!!!! So who ya got?

Alright kids!!!!!! It's draft time, the question is....... Who ya got? What do the Spurs do? Do they stay put or make a bold move? Lemmie hear your thoughts or projections on who or what the Spurs will do tonight. I'll go first

Obviously, I don't know exactly how this will play out but I'm going with the Spurs making a bold move tonight.

Option A: They trade someone (don't know who) to get a 8-12 lottery pick for.........Jeremy Lamb

Option B: They trade someone again, to get a 10-15 pick for Myers Leonard.

That's my bold prediction......what's yours
Old 06-28-12, 09:16 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I think we are at a point where we have to make changes someway somehow....With that being said I think TP's career with the Spurs ends soon and gets traded for a top 15 pick..this is my humble opinion and bold prediction..TP is our only trade bait..well heres hoping that we do something and hit in the draft even if its only at pick 59..by the way I dont know who I would want but Im cnfident in our Front Office to make the best decision...

Last edited by DDAMAGE; 06-28-12 at 09:22 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-28-12, 09:27 AM

TP9 is our best trade bait but I don't think he's our only. Plus I think he's worth more than just a #15 pick (look at Hill last year). I think he could fetch us a 5-10 pick. But, I dunno if I would go as far a trading him. He just had his most productive season yet but you're right, he is our main trade bait. I'm hoping......yes, hoping that the Spurs could somehow package either Bonner/Splitter/Neal and picks in some way, shape or form. To fetch the Spurs a 8-12 pick and get one of the players I mentioned above.....who knows
Old 06-28-12, 10:35 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Well without a first rounder
I'm going with what's on the board and a guy to invite to the summer league. Both big guys. This is my pick with one rookie FA to recruit

Bernard James C
27 years old, Senior
6' 10" 230lbs.
Florida State

undrafted rookie

Yancy Gates PF/C
22 years old, Senior
6' 9" 287lbs.
Cincinnati

Last edited by WILLTHETHRILL; 06-28-12 at 10:51 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-28-12, 11:04 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

My hope is we make a big move and trade up to get John Henson as he falls to 15th or later(without trading Tony Parker!).

My prediction is that we do nothing and draft a prospect in the second round.

Last edited by choppsboy; 06-28-12 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-28-12, 11:45 AM

i predict we'll somehow get Perry Jones
Old 06-28-12, 12:21 PM
So Cal Spurs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Well without a first rounder
I'm going with what's on the board and a guy to invite to the summer league. Both big guys. This is my pick with one rookie FA to recruit

Bernard James C
27 years old, Senior
6' 10" 230lbs.
Florida State

undrafted rookie

Yancy Gates PF/C
22 years old, Senior
6' 9" 287lbs.
Cincinnati
Theres no chance he's there at 59. We need to trade up to get him, hopefully for Blair
Old 06-28-12, 12:33 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley33177 View Post
Theres no chance he's there at 59. We need to trade up to get him, hopefully for Blair
Well maybe or maybe not because of his age. 27!
Old 06-28-12, 12:55 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

What time, and what station is the draft???????????????????
Old 06-28-12, 01:10 PM
SpursReport Team Member

espn at 6pm texas time if im not mistaken
Old 06-28-12, 01:10 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I truly have no idea.

I can see a number of guys I might target but I see a lot of these guys ranging from plus/minus 10 spots in the draft mocks. So I have no clue as to what it would take to get them.

To me, Everybody outside the big 4 is movable.

I don't really want to move Sjax though. Want to make another title run and he's got stones. But he's gone for the right deal.

I really don't who to target, frankly. I look at the draft and see a lot of guys with talent, but I question how many would fit with the Spurs, and also how many are really athletic enough to play against Miami & OKC.

If I had to pick 2 I think might be under-priced:

I think Jared Sullinger might end up being under-valued like DeJuan. But he is not very quick or athletic. Doesn't seem like he'd fit next to Tiago. Still, he's got really good skills for what he does. And if we bring over Lorbek, that combo works (and Duncan can play with anybody). I really don't worry about the back problem. If he blows out his back, so what? He's on a rookie contract and you do him like Anderson.

Perry Jones I love as a talent but as a Baylor fan I have given up on him being a major guy on a championship team. He is invisible when it counts. You think Bonner doesn't step up, let me introduce you to Perry Jones III.

I do like Quincy Miller though. I think he could play as a tall 2 or at the 3. He is silky smooth offensively with low post and perimeter game. I think he can co-exist well with Leonard given Leonard could move to the 2.

Jeremy Lamb would be a good guy to go after as well given Manu is questionable now in situations of extreme athleticism like OKC.
Old 06-28-12, 01:16 PM

Also:

This year is I think going to be a "contrarian" year.

That is, guys have it in their heads all the stuff about stiff centers who are a bust or get hurt (Thabeet, Oden, Brown, etc.) and guys who are passed on for medical (Blair) or personality/psych issues (Rondo) or what have you. In other words, players that GM's talk themselves out of despite obvious talent or talk themselves into because of size.

So I think you will have Drummond, Zeller, and Melo slide somewhat. I think Sullinger and Royce White will go higher than anticipated. I think teams are this year afraid to be the guy who passed on the talent, rather than afraid to be the guy who gambled on a player with talent but "issues."
Old 06-28-12, 01:55 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmas97 View Post
What time, and what station is the draft???????????????????
pre draft show is at 6 and draft starts at 6:30 ESPN
Old 06-28-12, 04:23 PM

Countdown begins.

This is tough as a Spurs fan because realistically we could go through 99% of the broadcast and never hear the Spurs even mentioned, let alone make a move.

Or we could be in the middle of some blockbuster that tectonically shifts the roster and nets us an exciting talent.
Old 06-28-12, 04:56 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I trust in Pop.
Old 06-28-12, 05:07 PM
SR Team Goof

The Spurs FO already know what teams will listen to trade talks so I think the Spurs will let the draft run its course and then approach the team(s) who have drafted the guy(s) they are interested in, like they did with Hill/Leonard last year. If they do make a trade immediately before the draft or during, if won't be to jump higher into the draft because I don't see them getting a position any higher than maybe #25. You'll stay with their #59 or even let it go to someone for future considerations.
Old 06-28-12, 05:07 PM
SpursReport Rookie

been watching bspn and they have said multiple times that the spurs have been baiting with blair. I think they might find someone who will give up a pick in the 1st round for blair. I mean honestly if you are another team looking at him, you see a guy who can average double digit rebounds and is a nifty finisher around the rim... perhaps someone bites?
Old 06-28-12, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InegoMontoya View Post
been watching bspn and they have said multiple times that the spurs have been baiting with blair. I think they might find someone who will give up a pick in the 1st round for blair. I mean honestly if you are another team looking at him, you see a guy who can average double digit rebounds and is a nifty finisher around the rim... perhaps someone bites?
he can do all that, he just needs a big who shoots to spot him the paint in the pick and roll. give that he's also undersized in the position with no knees, he's not a lock to garner interest.
Old 06-28-12, 07:52 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

When are trades announced?

Is it X picks after the pick in question, or after the league office approves the trade?
Old 06-28-12, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
When are trades announced?

Is it X picks after the pick in question, or after the league office approves the trade?
the commentators will announce it, then i believe Stern announce sit after a bit (i guess once it's agreed upon fully or something)
Old 06-28-12, 08:01 PM

Sometimes it happens when the teams are "on the clock" but it usually happens about 5-10 picks after the original team picked. Sometimes even later. I beleive the Pacers announced the trade for G.Hill/Kawhi during either the late 1st rd or early 2nd (if I remember correctly)even though he was selected #15....
Old 06-28-12, 08:09 PM

If the Spurs are "supposidly" shopping Blair, I wonder if Sullinger keeps on falling, perhaps we can get him in the late first rd?
Old 06-28-12, 08:16 PM

I have to think Boston with thier B2B picks will probably scoop up Sullinger if he's avaliable.....
Old 06-28-12, 08:17 PM

ESPNSteinLine:
RT @chadfordinsider: Mavs get the 24th, 33rd, and 34th pick from Cavs for draft rights to Tyler Zeller, according to sources
Old 06-28-12, 08:20 PM

via twitter........
johnhollinger:
If I'm Luis Scola I'm getting an odd feeling right about now. [via Twitter]

hmmmmmmm, send him to San Antonio?
Old 06-28-12, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esparzar1 View Post
I have to think Boston with thier B2B picks will probably scoop up Sullinger if he's avaliable.....
That's what they're saying is about to go down.

No moves from the Spurs though.
Old 06-28-12, 08:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
That's what they're saying is about to go down.

No moves from the Spurs though.
Just happened

- Confucius
Old 06-28-12, 08:43 PM

Dallas shopping #24 pick....
Old 06-28-12, 09:10 PM

NBAonESPN:
Heat trade pick No. 27 to Sixers, who select Arnett Moultrie. [via Twitter]
Old 06-28-12, 09:11 PM

chadfordinsider:
The Thunder will select Perry Jones with the 28th pick according to a source. [via Twitter]
Old 06-28-12, 09:20 PM

Quote:
chadfordinsider:
The Thunder will select Perry Jones with the 28th pick according to a source. [via Twitter]
As a Baylor fan, I guess I can say I'm glad to see PJIII go to our rival, so he can disappear in big playoff games against us.
Old 06-28-12, 09:22 PM

Quote:
As a Baylor fan, I guess I can say I'm glad to see PJIII go to our rival, so he can disappear in big playoff games against us.
lol, Bonner 2.0?.....kings of fading in big games....but he does have some major potential (PJ III)
Old 06-28-12, 09:23 PM

. . . but the thought of a

Westbrook/Harden/Durant/PJIII/Ibaka lineup scares me.
Old 06-28-12, 09:24 PM

Quote:
lol, Bonner 2.0?.....kings of fading in big games....but he does have some major potential (PJ III)
Not Bonner 2.0.

More like Lamar Odom maybe? In other words, sometimes is awesome, but usually not when it counts, and lots of times you watch the game and can't remember he played, either from memory or the stat line.
Old 06-28-12, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Not Bonner 2.0.

More like Lamar Odom maybe? In other words, sometimes is awesome, but usually not when it counts, and lots of times you watch the game and can't remember he played, either from memory or the stat line.
Well I meant along the lines of "fading in big games" when referring to the Bonner comparison
Old 06-28-12, 09:38 PM

PJIII doesn't get defended into disappearing. He just does it.