News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-20-12, 10:52 AM
SpursReport Rookie

The Bitter Spurs Fan Anti-NBA rant

i broke down the other day and did what I despise in a hypocrite like fashion...I blogged about my hatred for the NBA and complained about the associations conspiracy to make Lebron a champ and punish teams like the spurs, even though we choked. Here is an excerpt from my rant...please forgive me.

"we failed alright. we choked. we whiffed and we dont deserve to be called champs. But it doesnt excuse the blatant disregard for the sport of classic basketball and instead enhance the meritorious industrialization of a unified one world order under the David Stern Association in which he desires the illustrious rise of Lebron Shames"

now blast me friends, as I have come to this forum for correction. I am just not taking this playoff exit well
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-20-12, 11:30 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I agree. The Fix seems to be in.. OKC looks awful against a biased refing corps. The NBA needs to manufacture selfish Stars.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-20-12, 11:48 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Yeah, it is funny when you notice how these two playoff series are being called.

I noticed it right away . . . if we got reffed like Miami, OKC would be watching from home.

But I don't think it's a conspiracy. I just think their refs are all a bunch of jackasses.
Old 06-20-12, 12:01 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I am also having a hard time letting this one go. Part of me wants to see the OKC fans have as much pain as possible. Part of me believes this is a conspiracy to get LeBron a ring. Only time will tell what it really is going to be. It will be odd if this series does not go back to OKC. I believe the Spurs are a championship team that was "done in" by the game 5 refs. I hate that it has come down to this because I love the game of basketball and I don't like to be wondering if it is fixed, etc.
Old 06-20-12, 12:25 PM

I also think there is some testicle shrinkage going on with OKC. Harden clearly is just not mentally in this series and Durant does not have the physicality to play with Lebron if they let them play rough, unlike how he was officiated in the SA series.

This morning I heard KD compared to Gervin because he is a fantastic scorer but isn't impacting the game in other areas. I think that is something he will have to work on. When he isn't scoring he's not really having much impact on the game.

But we really shouldn't complain too much. Bowen was rough with Lebron in the 07 finals (remember that uncalled foul at the end of regulation when Lebron went for a tying 3 point shot?). That's part of the game.
Old 06-20-12, 12:51 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I'm glad OKC is going to lose. I hate Derek Fisher if you needed to know my reason. Go Heatles!
Old 06-20-12, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
I'm glad OKC is going to lose. I hate Derek Fisher if you needed to know my reason. Go Heatles!
Can't really argue with that.
Old 06-20-12, 03:42 PM
SpursReport Rookie

yes i rather see Lebron get his first ring than friggin Fisher, Perkins, and Westbrook, and there is no conspiracy is finally Lebron's time to win they guy can play and like i said before Durant is playing the same position as the MVP of the NBA ,Lebron is not Leonard(rookie) lebron almost had a tripe double , Durant? one rebound up until last minute of the game, next year different Wade will be 31 yrs old unless they get another superstar the Heat will not win back to back champs!
Old 06-20-12, 04:38 PM
SR 2010 Western Conference Champion

As a Spurs fan I have the same feeling now as I had in 2006.
The team that won against us played great against us and had a great run to get to the Finals. Once in the Finals it seemed like they were completely a different team (in a bad way) from the one that beat us.
I have the feeling that in 2006 officiating played a bigger role in that "change" in that Dallas got every call against us and was not getting anything against Miami.
This year I also have the feeling that officiating has been a lot different for OKC when going against us and when going against Miami. And I'm not sure if the officiating can hurt a team's confidence that much, but against us it seemed that OKC did everything right during the fourth quarter of the important games (Games 4, 5 & 6) and it seems they are doing everything wrong now against Miami. It's like they used all their "clutchness" against us and have nothing left against Miami. You can argue about calls, but it seems they are now missing the shots that were going in against us. And unless that has something to do with the confidence as I mentioned earlier, I can't see how officiating can impact in that part of the game.
Old 06-20-12, 04:41 PM

I have little respect for Lebron and his ego, but he has been playing like an all-time top five great from the 2nd half of the IN series to now.
Old 06-20-12, 05:38 PM
SpursReport Rookie

at the risk of sounding arrogant, here is the full blog

my life and the chuckie V, The DSA Finals Conspiracy and Being Sexy
Old 06-20-12, 06:29 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Not 1 not 2 not 3 times I have thrown up since the Heat took a 3-1 lead, just a reminder of why I am feeling crook:

Lebron James Predicts Miami will win 8 championships or more - YouTube

The start where the announcer introduces “You three Kings who have come to Miami to win not just 1 championship” is where the darkness set in.

Noone should be rewarded after celebrating a championship before stepping onto the court, LBJ says training will be hard but once we are in a game its easy.... I don't care how evil the .4 old man is it does not match that for me.
Old 06-20-12, 09:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
I also think there is some testicle shrinkage going on with OKC. Harden clearly is just not mentally in this series and Durant does not have the physicality to play with Lebron if they let them play rough, unlike how he was officiated in the SA series.
I think so. Very often it takes teams at least two years to break through the conference finals and another two years to break through to the championship level.
Old 06-20-12, 11:15 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm with the grand ranter....I have to also think that our young guys learned from being in the wcf, and the next logical step..assuming we aren't screwed are the 2013 finals against the bulls
Old 06-21-12, 06:50 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

go OKC! they will be the epic team that comes back from 3-1 down to win it all!!!

if u dont like okc, then u dont truly like what the spurs do,,, b/c if theres any team even close to being put together like hte spurs, its the Thunder.

Go Durant!
Old 06-21-12, 09:34 AM
SpursReport Rookie

if you think about it a few teams that beat us all these years end up losing in the championship, think about it: the 2004 lakers they lost against detroit, the 2006 ponies lost agaisnt miami,the 2008 lakers lost agaisnt Boston, this year OKC are about to lose agaisnt Miami, every team in the NBA knows that when they go against the spurs it takes a toll mentally , I am just saying
Old 06-21-12, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMadrid12 View Post
if you think about it a few teams that beat us all these years end up losing in the championship, think about it: the 2004 lakers they lost against detroit, the 2006 ponies lost agaisnt miami,the 2008 lakers lost agaisnt Boston, this year OKC are about to lose agaisnt Miami, every team in the NBA knows that when they go against the spurs it takes a toll mentally , I am just saying
Yeah I guess they think once they beat the Spurs they are the champs. suckers!
Old 06-21-12, 05:57 PM
SR 2010 Western Conference Champion

Actually, no team after 2003 defeated the Spurs and went on to win the Championship.
Spurs never lost in the Finals and the only Western teams that won in that span (LA Lakers in 2009 & 2010 and Dallas in 2011) didn't have to go through the Spurs.
Old 06-22-12, 12:16 AM
SpursReport Team Member

We do look through the nba finals with silver and black glasses! spurs in 2013 finals!