News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-12, 05:01 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Brandon Roy targeting NBA return next season

LINK

In December 2011, Brandon Roy announced his retirement from the NBA because of the chronic knee problems that derailed his promising career.

But as we know, NBA retirements are not always permanent (Michael Jordan anyone?). So, it should not come as a serious surprise that Roy, a three-time All-Star with the Portland Trail Blazers, has announced plans for a return to the NBA.

Roy, targeting the start of the 2012-13 season, announced via Twitter that he plans to make a comeback.

Since he does not use Twitter, Roy took to former teammate Will Conroy's account to break the news. Some of his tweets:

Yes I'm preparing for a comeback. I'm training daily
I'm preparing for a return next year.. God willing
I appreciate the luv.. Hopefully ill be back on the floor soon

If Roy does return to full or capable health, it won't be with Portland, the team that drafted him. "I wish but do to the nba rules I cannot play in portland until 2014 2015.. I'm lookin to return sooner," he tweeted.

The Trail Blazers used the amnesty clause on Roy's contract, leading to his retirement. They went that route instead of removing his salary through medical retirement. Because of this, other teams would be able to claim Roy by bidding on a portion of his contract.

The question is, how many teams will come bidding? Any team in pursuit of Roy would certainly want to make sure he is healthy and at full force through a series of medical tests. HoopsWorld reports Roy is training in Seattle and has made steady progress with his knees.

Regardless, it's transparent that Roy's determination is high.

"Lord willing I will play again soon," he tweeted.
Old 06-17-12, 05:03 AM

This other article is saying:

LINK
Quote:
Brandon is even scheduled to play in Jamal Crawford’s Pro-Am event this weekend.
Old 06-17-12, 05:10 AM
SR Team Goof

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
....The question is, how many teams will come bidding? Any team in pursuit of Roy would certainly want to make sure he is healthy and at full force through a series of medical tests. ....
Might be interesting to see which teams go fishing and what kind of $$$$ they're using for bait, provided Roy's knees make it through the physicals and team workouts.
Old 06-17-12, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alh1020 View Post
Might be interesting to see which teams go fishing and what kind of $$$$ they're using for bait, provided Roy's knees make it through the physicals and team workouts.
Lakers maybe?
Old 06-17-12, 07:06 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

What kind of money are we talking about?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-17-12, 11:39 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

The man has no knees...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!