News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-12, 10:53 AM

Project Spurs: Tony Parker injures eye in bar fight in NYC

San Antonio Spurs All-Star point guard Tony Parker sustained an injury to his eye when a bar fight in New York City broke out and he and his girlfriend were near the fracas reportedly started between music stars Chris Brown and Drake.

Parker is in France to begin preparation for the 2012 Olympic games and spoke to the French media (via infobae.com) about the incident.

Report: Spurs' Tony Parker injures eye during bar fight in NYC | June
Old 06-15-12, 11:49 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Gee, let's see, it's between 3:30 and 4 AM (that's when the brawl took place) and you're quietly sitting in a club known for it's appeal to the young gangsta music crowd and a brawl breaks out, and you almost get blinded, how unfair.

He's an adult, he gets to make his own choices, he gets to pick where he goes and parties, and he didn't start it, but STILL as folks say NOTHING GOOD EVER HAPPENS AFTER MIDNIGHT.

But I'm just jealous, I wish I was a mufti-millionaire with no responsibilities to anyone but myself.
Old 06-15-12, 12:05 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

What a shame. Not a good start to a summer!

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-15-12, 12:40 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
Gee, let's see, it's between 3:30 and 4 AM (that's when the brawl took place) and you're quietly sitting in a club known for it's appeal to the young gangsta music crowd and a brawl breaks out, and you almost get blinded, how unfair.

He's an adult, he gets to make his own choices, he gets to pick where he goes and parties, and he didn't start it, but STILL as folks say NOTHING GOOD EVER HAPPENS AFTER MIDNIGHT.

But I'm just jealous, I wish I was a mufti-millionaire with no responsibilities to anyone but myself.
Actually lots of things good happen after midnight........lol. I guess VIP is not where you wanna be at with a bunch of rap goon squads ever.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-15-12, 01:17 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Lucky he didn't get the Tupac treatment.
Old 06-15-12, 01:49 PM
The Master Baiter

I would say that at least Chris Brown got what he deserved.
Old 06-15-12, 02:18 PM

Can't believe that Tony's 'posse' wasn't there with him to protect him, what's up with that?

Seriously though, he's lucky none of those thugs started firing weapons in the club or waited until folks were outside and then started shooting. He could have lost his life rather than almost losing an eye.
Old 06-15-12, 02:28 PM
Spurs #1 cheer leader

He hasn't been known for making good personal choices lately, the trend continues.

Stay thirsty my friends.
Old 06-15-12, 08:07 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Tony Parker injured his eye Thursday during an altercation between musicians Chris Brown and Drake.

Jun 15, 2012 - Although he was not directly involved, Tony Parker injured his eye when musicians Chris Brown and Drake got in an altercation at a New York city nightclub Thursday.

Parker, who is currently in France preparing to play for the French national team, told reporters he was hit in the eye by glass during the incident.

"I was there with a bunch of friends when a fight broke out. They started to throw bottles about... I got it all," Parker said in a press conference Friday. "The cornea has been touched. I can't do anything for seven days... But I was lucky. The injury won't prevent me from competing the Olympics in any way."
Old 06-15-12, 10:27 PM
SpursReport Rookie

In defense to him , I know the guy. I was talking to his brothers before the season started asked where he was and they told me " You won't be seeing Tony out much, he is gonna not drink and rest and plans on being an all star and getting us back to the finals". I think he did a great job and his summer should be his free time. He is a celebrity and that is his lifestyle. Unfortunate what happened sucks but it wasn't his fault. It could have erupted backstage at an award show.
Old 06-15-12, 10:31 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by versace3177 View Post
In defense to him , I know the guy. I was talking to his brothers before the season started asked where he was and they told me " You won't be seeing Tony out much, he is gonna not drink and rest and plans on being an all star and getting us back to the finals". I think he did a great job and his summer should be his free time. He is a celebrity and that is his lifestyle. Unfortunate what happened sucks but it wasn't his fault. It could have erupted backstage at an award show.
This could happen in broad daylight too I agree, bad things happen at times! They are more likely to happen though around that type of crowd and out that late rather than a safe place during the daytime! I like to go out, but sometimes you gotta be aware of some surroundings.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-15-12, 10:36 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
This could happen in broad daylight too I agree, bad things happen at times! They are more likely to happen though around that type of crowd and out that late rather than a safe place during the daytime! I like to go out, but sometimes you gotta be aware of some surroundings.
I totally agree but k'mon it's not like the percentages of this happening with celebrity is very high, even with this "ghetto" as some like to kall it, krowd..... I've personally been in unfortunate situations as these and sometimes things escalate so quickly before you know it you're in the middle even when trying to leave.
Old 06-16-12, 05:01 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

But Tony needs to understand that the only negative press in the last 3-4 years about personal behaviour of Spurs has been about him (we traded the guy who was naked on the Internet to get Kawhi)
Old 06-16-12, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD View Post
But Tony needs to understand that the only negative press in the last 3-4 years about personal behaviour of Spurs has been about him (we traded the guy who was naked on the Internet to get Kawhi)
agreed KAD! from the Erin Barry Sexting Scandal to when he lashed out at a fan a few years ago in an airport to this.

i can cut George Hill slack since he's a young guy just out of college, but Parker is at 30 years old. he should know better than this and he should know better than to try to be a "high ranking celeb" when the team is the absolute opposite.
Old 06-16-12, 03:30 PM

There can be fights at any club, at any time and any where, BUT when you decide that it's a good idea to hang out at 4 AM at a club that is known for catering to the 'gangsta' crowd and is a favorite club of a group of 21-25 year old's who think they have to have 'street cred' and thrown down gang signs in order to get respect and to sell their music then you're not showing good sense.

And when you're a 30 year old and in this past year you've been appointed to be the leader and face of a professional sports franchise that is known for having high quality people and you're hurt at that environment, well it makes folks question your judgement.

He's an adult and he gets to make his own decisions, but he could have lost that eye because he didn't make a good decision about where he was going, how long to stay and since he hangs with the rap crowd anyway, he had to know about that club.
Old 06-16-12, 03:49 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Mishaps can happen like that sometimes.

How do we know how the rest of the Spurs players are spending their summer?
I am pretty sure Pop and the FO are always having that thought (hope all are taking care of their bodies and mind well being).....
But they are human and some might be over partying or whatever....

It just so happened that TP was in with some celebrities in NY lat at night at a night club.

I can see Pop and the FO are now concerned about this incident. But since Tony was not the initiator of that argument, rather the victim here, I doubt Spurs would have any take on that.

Hope Tony will have a great summer and play awesome with the French Team as an MVP then returns safe to our Spurs next year.

Come on Tony Get Well
And PLEASE take Better CARE of you for the rest of the summer!!!!

You all should be more concerned whether his eye will heal or else we have to dig very deep to find another TP!!!!
Old 06-16-12, 09:43 PM
SpursReport Rookie

All the Spurs go out. Everyone on that roster has been out at the klubs. With the exception of T.D. and Bonner . But Tiago,Gino, Leonard have all been too. As a matter of fact they have been present at Area 31 when some "ghetto" folk started a ruckus, they left shortly after but kould have easily been kaught in the middle of something that escalated quickly and just as bad as NY. Just think TP should be kut slack. Ill ask him how his just how bad the extent of the injury to his eye is when I see him.
Old 06-16-12, 10:38 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Just think TP should be kut slack. Ill ask him how his just how bad the extent of the injury to his eye is when I see him.
Thanks versace3277!

Well said!

What I am concerned about is I would like to hear from some of the medical knowledge Spurs Fans if we can tell if the eye will come back normal after such injury. The eye is no joke. If his sight is even slightly damaged, Spurs FO will be in some trouble. Or perhaps no one knows until seven days (a week) from the injury as said. We all need to be waiting like the Spurs Staff are on pins and needles.

I can see if Spurs think that injury is serious they might send the Spurs Doctor to look at it in France maybe?!
Old 06-17-12, 10:37 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
All the Spurs go out. Everyone on that roster has been out at the klubs. With the exception of T.D. and Bonner . But Tiago,Gino, Leonard have all been too. As a matter of fact they have been present at Area 31 when some "ghetto" folk started a ruckus, they left shortly after but kould have easily been kaught in the middle of something that escalated quickly and just as bad as NY. Just think TP should be kut slack. Ill ask him how his just how bad the extent of the injury to his eye is when I see him.
I've been to Area 31. It's a very nice place but hip hop music attracts ghetto scum everytime. Some of the nicest places to get a drink in SA have bar brawls and fights all the time. I have winessed that. A few years ago I went to the roughest club in SA and saw nothing go down. It can happen at any time so I don't blame TP. Also that roughest club closed down two years ago. It was called the Walzem Lounge and I doubt any spur would have walked in there. They patted me down good and there were bullet holes on the front of the building. Not my wisest choice to step in there but I had a great time! And yes I was with an attractive female FYI. She was crazy! That club was in the paper and on TV all the time and not for good things lol. I can't see Bonner in a club at all.
Old 06-17-12, 05:59 PM
SpursReport Rookie

"I'm with the DJ"
- Bonner
Old 06-18-12, 10:23 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD (Project Spurs: Tony Parker injures eye in bar fight in NYC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
agreed KAD! from the Erin Barry Sexting Scandal to when he lashed out at a fan a few years ago in an airport to this.

i can cut George Hill slack since he's a young guy just out of college, but Parker is at 30 years old. he should know better than this and he should know better than to try to be a "high ranking celeb" when the team is the absolute opposite.

maybe he is thinking S Jax gonna grab all that attention...