News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-12, 12:06 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Coach Brent Brown: Patty Mills' career will continue to soar!!

Coach Brent Brown says Patty_Mills career will continue to soar after his big year at Spurs

LINK

Boomer Mills to hit top form at Olympics

Australia coach Brett Brown predicts the basketball career of Patty Mills will continue to soar after the star guard's successful stint at NBA powerhouse San Antonio Spurs.

Brown also believes Australian basketball will reap the benefits of Mills' sky-high confidence at the London Olympics.

Mills' journeyman career appeared at the cross-roads in January when his contract with Xinjiang was controversially terminated, with the Chinese club accusing him of faking a hamstring injury.

But a lifeline from San Antonio, where Brown is an assistant coach, has sparked a bright new chapter for Mills, with the former Portland guard hitting career-best form at the star-studded Spurs.

Mills nailed an impressive 27 points against Phoenix on April 25, before setting a new Australian single-game record with a 34-point haul against Golden State just one day later.

The 23-year-old was barely sighted during the play-offs as stars Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili returned to run the show, but Brown believed Mills' experience at the Spurs would prove to be career-defining.

"I think it resurrected his career," Brown said on Tuesday.

"He was caught at a cross-roads where he was in between leagues, he was in between teams.

"To be able to be brought in by such a great franchise like the Spurs and have the opportunity to again be with me ... it was a win on everyone's part.

"The Spurs were fortunate to have him, he was fortunate to have the Spurs and if you put your Boomers hat on, basketball in Australia will reap the benefits of he and I being able to be together.

"He experienced some great NBA performances.

"The relationships he shared with Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and other internationals ... you can't put a price tag on that experience."

Mills, who has the option of playing on with the Spurs next season, has remained in San Antonio to work on his fitness and skills, meaning he will miss Wednesday night's third and final clash with China in Perth.

Australia leads the series 2-0, and Brown said he was looking forward to being thrust back into the hot seat after flying in from America on Monday following San Antonio's play-off exit at the hands of Oklahoma City.

"The disappointment of getting bumped out of the NBA play-offs was significant, but to have something as exciting as the preparation of the Olympic Games waiting for me makes it a little bit easier," Brown said.

AAP
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-13-12, 01:06 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

"was" "were" "shared"

all past tense.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-13-12, 08:50 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
"was" "were" "shared"

all past tense.
Yea. . . . he is writing about the season that just ended.

Mills is still in SA. I think that says a lot more than "was" "were" "shared"
Old 06-13-12, 10:41 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Sure would like to see him spend next year with the Spurs, I think he'd be a great addition especially during the playoffs.
Old 06-13-12, 01:50 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Yea. . . . he is writing about the season that just ended.

Mills is still in SA. I think that says a lot more than "was" "were" "shared"
Yeah, but my point is not any talk about the exciting things Mills will do here NEXT year.
Old 06-14-12, 01:39 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Yeah, but my point is not any talk about the exciting things Mills will do here NEXT year.
You are right Grizzly!

I can see how one would read this and think (was) (where)etc..

What if Mills showed up great in the Olympics now? This Spurs experience had helped him tremendously. Next year he should come back playing even better because he will play all season long and get to go to the camp before games start. I am personally looking forward to see what comes out of Mills next season which starts this Novembers or in four and half more months.
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-14-12, 04:09 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
You are right Grizzly!

I can see how one would read this and think (was) (where)etc..

What if Mills showed up great in the Olympics now? This Spurs experience had helped him tremendously. Next year he should come back playing even better because he will play all season long and get to go to the camp before games start. I am personally looking forward to see what comes out of Mills next season which starts this Novembers or in four and half more months.
Doesn't he need to opt out / in before July 1?
If nothing else, it's only a couple weeks before we'll know.
Old 06-14-12, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
Doesn't he need to opt out / in before July 1?
If nothing else, it's only a couple weeks before we'll know.
it seems the only thing for Spurs fans that's for sure about FA is the Patty Mills situation......it's gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG offseason
Old 06-14-12, 05:34 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
it seems the only thing for Spurs fans that's for sure about FA is the Patty Mills situation......it's gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG offseason
Could be exciting.