News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 06-14-12, 12:49 AM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosaspurs2150 View Post
Again, I think it goes back to a fair trade. And that would be being, Blair, Bonner, Joseph to the Kings for Jason Thompson and a future 2nd round pick.

Or Blair, Bonner, Joseph to the Kings for their rights at the #5 pick and have them select Drummond.

Kings would get two proven productive players with experience. They have selected in the top 10 the past 3 seasons. I think they don't need a project or take a lottery risk, which is why I think they would want some proven talent for next season. They need to get better, and get better fast. Besides Davis, and Robinson, and maybe Lillard, the rest aren't sure fire going to be solid quality players or future All-Stars in the NBA.

The Spurs can afford to take a big gamble on Drummond. Splitter is better than him now. He could back up Splitter at the Center position next season. If Drummond isn't on the board then, then maybe we can trade with the team that gets Meyers Leonard for the Blair, Bonner, Joseph package. I even like Arnett Moultrie too. Reminds me of a Serge Ibaka type player and kind of looks like him too.

If I had to pick, and maybe the most realistic option, it would be getting Arnett Moultrie.

Arnett Moultrie - 2012 NBA Draft Prospect - Impact Basketball - YouTube

Arnett Moultrie-Potential - YouTube

NBA Draft: Top 10 Centers | NBADraft.net
Yea, I think all of the GM's in the NBA would agree with you that trading the 5th pick in the draft for a 2nd round pick who was benched one year for being too fat, and benched for the playoffs because he can't play defense, a 1st round pick who everyone thought shouldn't have entered the draft and spent the season in the NBDL, and a 3 point specialist who has consistently failed to perform in the playoffs is a fair trade. That is probably why you see so many teams trading their unproductive bench players for top ten picks in the draft.

The idea that Blair started all season because he deserved it is a joke. He started because we had no other option until Diaw arrived. Blair can't play with anyone but a superstar like Tim Duncan. . . . and even then, he is one of the worst defensive C/PF's in the league.
__________________
I am never coming back to SpursReport because Will The Thrill is a horses ass.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 06-14-12, 01:12 AM
gosaspurs2150's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Yea, I think all of the GM's in the NBA would agree with you that trading the 5th pick in the draft for a 2nd round pick who was benched one year for being too fat, and benched for the playoffs because he can't play defense, a 1st round pick who everyone thought shouldn't have entered the draft and spent the season in the NBDL, and a 3 point specialist who has consistently failed to perform in the playoffs is a fair trade. That is probably why you see so many teams trading their unproductive bench players for top ten picks in the draft.

The idea that Blair started all season because he deserved it is a joke. He started because we had no other option until Diaw arrived. Blair can't play with anyone but a superstar like Tim Duncan. . . . and even then, he is one of the worst defensive C/PF's in the league.
Yeah, don't put your stock in Hollinger's stats is what I am saying. And I used it because you are so gaga over it.

Like I said, Blair is one of the best Power Forward/Centers to come out of the draft in the past 3 years. He was primarily used as a Center not Power Forward, so his defense might have not been the best to taller players.

He could have gone top 12 in the draft bet feel because of overaction to his knees when he played solid for 2 years in college with no injuries.

He trimmed down and put in extra work towards the end of the season, and when he did get playing time, he was able to rebound and score with an effective field goal percentage. There would be lots of teams that would want a young, high motor guy, who can offensive rebound and put backs. He is on par or better than Favors.

I bet you hate Blair so much you think Reggie Evans is better than him right?

And for a below average team in Sacramento, they could use Bonner. He is an ok back up Center for a team. And I can see that for the Kings. Bonner is better than Donte Greene, and they likely wont give him the $2.5 mil team option. So why not get Bonner that could contribute? And Blair is better than Chuck Hayes, and on par with Jason Thompson and Blair could start at PF for them and move Cousins to the Center position. They would let go and not due team option for Thompson at $4.1 mil. It all makes perfect sense.

Like I said, everyone says this is a deep draft. But lots of players are unproven and there is no sure fire selection besides maybe 2-3 guys. College basketball play sucks now compared to 10-20 years ago.

Are you Lynn from Sacramento? LOL

Last edited by gosaspurs2150; 06-14-12 at 01:17 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 06-14-12, 01:13 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,923

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosaspurs2150 View Post
Look at it this way, Blair is one of the better players in the last 3 years out of the draft. Just look at the players coming out of 2009, 2010, 2011 drafts. He in my opinion is better than Derrick Favors, which he was selected at #3 a few years ago.

And if Blair got more playing time and played a true PF position for another team, who isn't as good as the Spurs, his numbers would have been way better. So don't give me Blair is garbage crap!

On top of that, if he goes to the Kings, he could be slightly better than Thompson, maybe, but he is better than Chuck Hayes who made $5.1 mil last season and had 3 points, 4 rebounds a game in like 19 min. And he is on contract for 3 more years, which I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings could use their amnesty clause on him (Hayes).

On top of that, they aren't going to sign Donte Green for $2.5 mil. Bonner is clearly better than him. And so what if Bonner didn't play in the WCF. They shorten the rotation to 7-8 players anyways. When he played in the regular season he was decent. The Kings don't need some player that will be an option for them in the playoffs if they ever do get there.

And Joseph was sent to the D-league because he never got true starting camp with the Spurs because of the lock out and Mills clearly performed better. At 20 years old, who can play decent defense and could get better, I think that is a risk the Kings could take, because they don't have a true point guard. The closest is Isiah Thomas. Evans isn't one, and neither is Jimmer. And neither is Thorton. So get real dude too.

And Blair could long term be better than Drummond anyways. There are only a good couple sure thing players in this draft, and I don't even think Drummond is a sure thing. Actually I don't even know if this draft is deep and good anyways. A lot of these players are unproven.
Top 30 in last 3 drafts? Top 50 in mine. Him being #50. Favors is way better than him. Favors problem is that he is now just coming into his game. Favors has so much untapped upside it's crazy. Blair might have already maxed out on his talent. I would like to see Blair more at PF than center problem is outside the paint he sucks. Glen Davis is built the same as Blair BUT Big Baby can bust outside shots. DeJuan can't! Favor will have a 20 and 10 one night but he can have a 6 and 3 the next night. That's his major issue. You can give Blair more minutes but than he gets less productive and his knees are time bombs. Play him more and he will never see the year 2017. I promise you that. Pop is actually doing him a favor by limiting his minutes and extending his career. Bonner blows. That's why they shortened the rotation and tossed him out of it. Bonner has little to no trade value. Joseph was not playing because he had no training camp etc. it's because he was not that good! Isiah Thomas and other rookies had the same issue as far as that went. Joseph was also not sent down or did not get playing time because of Mills being better. Mills came so late into the year. Joseph is young but clearly will not be ready anytime soon or might never be ready. The King's point guard situation on your argument is they have no true point. They have guys who will play PG no matter what we think. Jimmer will continue to play point guard. How is Joseph a true point guard? What did he play at Texas? Thought he was more of a combo guard in college if anything from what I saw.(to include the rest of the basketball world) You are right Blair could be better then the #5 pick or better then Anthony Davis the projected #1. But I'm looking at the odds. They favor those lotto picks more times then not. Like I said #5 is huge this year. In the 2000 draft.......not so much. Bust city that year! I don't see a 2000 draft this year. I never said Blair was garbage......I said the trade was garbage to the Kings! Let's play you are the Kings GM. Why get a one trick pony who is an older player that is owed close to 8 million bucks the next two years? Why get a player who can't throw it in the ocean from outside the paint with red flags on both his knees? Why get a college combo guard who spent most of his rookie year playing minor league basketball? Giving up the 5th pick in a deep draft on a rebuilding team for those three players is insane! If you as the Kings GM did that trade........they would come to your house with torches. Seriously!

Last edited by WILLTHETHRILL; 06-14-12 at 01:17 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 06-14-12, 01:19 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,923

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
Yea, I think all of the GM's in the NBA would agree with you that trading the 5th pick in the draft for a 2nd round pick who was benched one year for being too fat, and benched for the playoffs because he can't play defense, a 1st round pick who everyone thought shouldn't have entered the draft and spent the season in the NBDL, and a 3 point specialist who has consistently failed to perform in the playoffs is a fair trade. That is probably why you see so many teams trading their unproductive bench players for top ten picks in the draft.

The idea that Blair started all season because he deserved it is a joke. He started because we had no other option until Diaw arrived. Blair can't play with anyone but a superstar like Tim Duncan. . . . and even then, he is one of the worst defensive C/PF's in the league.
Hate to admit it! But you are right and I agree with you at least this time.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 06-14-12, 01:33 AM
Jose_TheGenius's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Hate to admit it! But you are right and I agree with you at least this time.
+1

Chopps has said what i've been trying to say ....sometimes i'm too nice i fear

i agree with what was said, Blair's effectiveness vs. one team (The Thunder) only comes because of his ineffectiveness to set a pick and look for his own points by running to the basket. that would be sort of the equivalent of a soccer player staying in front of the goal the whole time, someone kicks the ball to him, and he makes a close shot. he may have gotten the point, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's a good player.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 06-14-12, 01:34 AM
gosaspurs2150's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Top 30 in last 3 drafts? Top 50 in mine. Him being #50. Favors is way better than him. Favors problem is that he is now just coming into his game. Favors has so much untapped upside it's crazy. Blair might have already maxed out on his talent. I would like to see Blair more at PF than center problem is outside the paint he sucks. Glen Davis is built the same as Blair BUT Big Baby can bust outside shots. DeJuan can't! Favor will have a 20 and 10 one night but he can have a 6 and 3 the next night. That's his major issue. You can give Blair more minutes but than he gets less productive and his knees are time bombs. Play him more and he will never see the year 2017. I promise you that. Pop is actually doing him a favor by limiting his minutes and extending his career. Bonner blows. That's why they shortened the rotation and tossed him out of it. Bonner has little to no trade value. Joseph was not playing because he had no training camp etc. it's because he was not that good! Isiah Thomas and other rookies had the same issue as far as that went. Joseph was also not sent down or did not get playing time because of Mills being better. Mills came so late into the year. Joseph is young but clearly will not be ready anytime soon or might never be ready. The King's point guard situation on your argument is they have no true point. They have guys who will play PG no matter what we think. Jimmer will continue to play point guard. How is Joseph a true point guard? What did he play at Texas? Thought he was more of a combo guard in college if anything from what I saw.(to include the rest of the basketball world) You are right Blair could be better then the #5 pick or better then Anthony Davis the projected #1. But I'm looking at the odds. They favor those lotto picks more times then not. Like I said #5 is huge this year. In the 2000 draft.......not so much. Bust city that year! I don't see a 2000 draft this year. I never said Blair was garbage......I said the trade was garbage to the Kings! Let's play you are the Kings GM. Why get a one trick pony who is an older player that is owed close to 8 million bucks the next two years? Why get a player who can't throw it in the ocean from outside the paint with red flags on both his knees? Why get a college combo guard who spent most of his rookie year playing minor league basketball? Giving up the 5th pick in a deep draft on a rebuilding team for those three players is insane! If you as the Kings GM did that trade........they would come to your house with torches. Seriously!
How about giving Chuck Hayes $22.4 million for 4 years and even raising it by another $1 million after he failed the physical the first time heh? Yeah!

"On December 9, 2011, Hayes signed a four-year, $21.3 million contract with the Sacramento Kings. However, the Kings voided the contract on December 19 after his physical exam showed a heart abnormality in an echo test, and the team conducted additional testing.[14] Hayes then went to the Cleveland Clinic for extensive tests on his heart, and issued a statement on December 22 that cardiologists at the hospital had cleared him to play.[15] On December 22, 2011, Hayes and the Sacramento Kings agreed to a 4 year, $22.4 million deal.[16]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Hayes

The Kings could amnesty his contract after next season if he doesn't perform up to expectations, and they could resign Blair for some smaller deal. Maybe $11 million for 3 years or let him go to free agency.

With Blair and his knees. I don't think it is much of an issue now after 4 years playing and being injury free. No concerns in sight. If Blair can't shoot outside, how is he shooting 53.5% heh? Udoh who is a bit taller who was the #6 pick a few years ago shot 43% this season. Blair might not have a 15 foot jump shot, like Favors, but he scores with offensive rebounds and short shots within 5 feet. What a typical Power Forward should do.

I said before, Joseph could be a prospect for them. He could be a back up or he could be playing in their D-league next season. They might like his talent and potential. Evans can't play guard at all, and Jimmer can't too. Isiah Thomas is the true point guard for that team.

Yeah, Bonner has $7.5 million left for 2 years. He could be an ok back up Center for them that can help spread their floor. Why not? He is an upgrade over Donte Greene right? Or maybe you just aren't familiar with how the Kings play.

The Spurs have a team option on Blair for $1 million. They could let him walk and he could actually get more money elsewhere. Hell, Chuck Hayes got $21.5 million for 4 years right?

So I can see the Spurs doing and sign and trade. Pick up the option for 1 year and trade him to the Kings.

Or maybe a more realistic trade would be Joseph, Bonner, Blair for the 12th or 15th pick, which I wouldn't mind getting Arnett Moultrie.

Last edited by gosaspurs2150; 06-14-12 at 01:50 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 06-14-12, 01:40 AM
gosaspurs2150's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Top 30 in last 3 drafts? Top 50 in mine. Him being #50. Favors is way better than him. Favors problem is that he is now just coming into his game. Favors has so much untapped upside it's crazy. Blair might have already maxed out on his talent. I would like to see Blair more at PF than center problem is outside the paint he sucks. Glen Davis is built the same as Blair BUT Big Baby can bust outside shots. DeJuan can't! Favor will have a 20 and 10 one night but he can have a 6 and 3 the next night. That's his major issue. You can give Blair more minutes but than he gets less productive and his knees are time bombs. Play him more and he will never see the year 2017. I promise you that. Pop is actually doing him a favor by limiting his minutes and extending his career. Bonner blows. That's why they shortened the rotation and tossed him out of it. Bonner has little to no trade value. Joseph was not playing because he had no training camp etc. it's because he was not that good! Isiah Thomas and other rookies had the same issue as far as that went. Joseph was also not sent down or did not get playing time because of Mills being better. Mills came so late into the year. Joseph is young but clearly will not be ready anytime soon or might never be ready. The King's point guard situation on your argument is they have no true point. They have guys who will play PG no matter what we think. Jimmer will continue to play point guard. How is Joseph a true point guard? What did he play at Texas? Thought he was more of a combo guard in college if anything from what I saw.(to include the rest of the basketball world) You are right Blair could be better then the #5 pick or better then Anthony Davis the projected #1. But I'm looking at the odds. They favor those lotto picks more times then not. Like I said #5 is huge this year. In the 2000 draft.......not so much. Bust city that year! I don't see a 2000 draft this year. I never said Blair was garbage......I said the trade was garbage to the Kings! Let's play you are the Kings GM. Why get a one trick pony who is an older player that is owed close to 8 million bucks the next two years? Why get a player who can't throw it in the ocean from outside the paint with red flags on both his knees? Why get a college combo guard who spent most of his rookie year playing minor league basketball? Giving up the 5th pick in a deep draft on a rebuilding team for those three players is insane! If you as the Kings GM did that trade........they would come to your house with torches. Seriously!
And Blair can have a 20 points, 10 rebound game one night, and the next game 6 points and 3 rebounds. Your point is since you say Favors is way better?

Mar 16 @ OKC Blair 26 minutes/11 for 15 FG/22 points/11 rebounds

Last edited by gosaspurs2150; 06-14-12 at 01:51 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 06-14-12, 01:59 AM
gosaspurs2150's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
+1

Chopps has said what i've been trying to say ....sometimes i'm too nice i fear

i agree with what was said, Blair's effectiveness vs. one team (The Thunder) only comes because of his ineffectiveness to set a pick and look for his own points by running to the basket. that would be sort of the equivalent of a soccer player staying in front of the goal the whole time, someone kicks the ball to him, and he makes a close shot. he may have gotten the point, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's a good player.

Feb 23rd at Denver- Blair 35 minutes/12 for 21 FG/28 points/12 rebounds


April 26th at Warriors- Blair 38 minutes/10 for 19 FG/22 points/13 rebounds


Favors had 2 20 point/10 rebound games. Blair had 4 20 point/10 rebound games. And Blair is on a much better and deeper team.

Last edited by gosaspurs2150; 06-14-12 at 02:05 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 06-14-12, 02:29 AM
gosaspurs2150's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 310

A Dejuan Blair season review:

Season review: DeJuan Blair - Air Alamo - A San Antonio Spurs Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More

A Matt Bonner season review:

http://airalamo.com/2012/06/10/seaso...w-matt-bonner/

Last edited by gosaspurs2150; 06-14-12 at 02:33 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 06-14-12, 02:56 AM
gosaspurs2150's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 310

I still go back to my original idea of trading Bonner, Joseph and Blair for Jason Thompson and Hassan Whiteside.

The salaries work as well for a sign and trade like this. We can still be under the luxury tax too.

And Thompson is a solid player, better defender that Blair, and would be the perfect back up to Duncan at the PF position. I wouldn't mind a 4 year = $21 million deal for him.

Whiteside would be our 3rd string center behind Splitter, and Diaw.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 06-14-12, 03:14 AM
spurs_believer's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 839

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosaspurs2150 View Post
Jason Thompson
I might be sound judgemental but are you an used car salesperson in real life?

It occurred to me that you are on a mission to sell Jason Thompson to Spurs. Initially I thought this is a franchise player who I never heard of but a closer look revealed that he has some potential at the best. What's the big deal?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-14-12, 03:25 AM
gosaspurs2150's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurs_believer View Post
I might be sound judgemental but are you an used car salesperson in real life?

It occurred to me that you are on a mission to sell Jason Thompson to Spurs. Initially I thought this is a franchise player who I never heard of but a closer look revealed that he has some potential at the best. What's the big deal?


Ok, enough Jason Thompson after this. Promise. LOL He just fits in as a good option for us to remain under the luxury tax, while being able to retain Diaw, Mills, Green, and hopefully signing Duncan for a 2 year $21.5 mil deal. And he showed nice upside last season, and I think with our coaching staff and Duncan mentoring him, he would be a nice fit. He is solid to have him back up Duncan. So I think with this possibility, it helps our team in a variety of different ways. The other free agents that are PF/C likely will get more money. So just my two cents. Ok, no more JT talk again!

Last edited by gosaspurs2150; 06-14-12 at 03:28 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-14-12, 08:59 AM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,661

I do want to point out one thing...... That is I have a complete inability to use takt when I am making my points. I appologize for that.

It is pretty scary when Jose correctly points out that he is nicer than me.
__________________
I am never coming back to SpursReport because Will The Thrill is a horses ass.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-14-12, 11:22 AM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,923

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosaspurs2150 View Post
How about giving Chuck Hayes $22.4 million for 4 years and even raising it by another $1 million after he failed the physical the first time heh? Yeah!

"On December 9, 2011, Hayes signed a four-year, $21.3 million contract with the Sacramento Kings. However, the Kings voided the contract on December 19 after his physical exam showed a heart abnormality in an echo test, and the team conducted additional testing.[14] Hayes then went to the Cleveland Clinic for extensive tests on his heart, and issued a statement on December 22 that cardiologists at the hospital had cleared him to play.[15] On December 22, 2011, Hayes and the Sacramento Kings agreed to a 4 year, $22.4 million deal.[16]"

Chuck Hayes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Kings could amnesty his contract after next season if he doesn't perform up to expectations, and they could resign Blair for some smaller deal. Maybe $11 million for 3 years or let him go to free agency.

With Blair and his knees. I don't think it is much of an issue now after 4 years playing and being injury free. No concerns in sight. If Blair can't shoot outside, how is he shooting 53.5% heh? Udoh who is a bit taller who was the #6 pick a few years ago shot 43% this season. Blair might not have a 15 foot jump shot, like Favors, but he scores with offensive rebounds and short shots within 5 feet. What a typical Power Forward should do.

I said before, Joseph could be a prospect for them. He could be a back up or he could be playing in their D-league next season. They might like his talent and potential. Evans can't play guard at all, and Jimmer can't too. Isiah Thomas is the true point guard for that team.

Yeah, Bonner has $7.5 million left for 2 years. He could be an ok back up Center for them that can help spread their floor. Why not? He is an upgrade over Donte Greene right? Or maybe you just aren't familiar with how the Kings play.

The Spurs have a team option on Blair for $1 million. They could let him walk and he could actually get more money elsewhere. Hell, Chuck Hayes got $21.5 million for 4 years right?

So I can see the Spurs doing and sign and trade. Pick up the option for 1 year and trade him to the Kings.

Or maybe a more realistic trade would be Joseph, Bonner, Blair for the 12th or 15th pick, which I wouldn't mind getting Arnett Moultrie.
So you are saying the Kings FO sucks because they gave Chuck Hayes a stupid deal? Ok it was a dumb move. Hayes had some productive years in Houston. Didn't Pop trade for Charles Smith? Idiot Trade Police was all over that in 1996! One of the worst trades ever in Spurs history. Made by Pop! Plus I would have never given Hayes a deal like that period. I though Blair played 3 years of NBA basketball not 4? He is shooting so high on FG% because he needs to be 1 to 2 feet from the basket to score. Udoh sucks and I never said to draft him or trade for him. Not all lotto picks pan out but you are not getting Dwayne Wade with pick #30 anytime soon. The odds are highly against it. So you admit Favors has range outside the paint? But it's not necessary because he is a power forward who always needs to be around the basket within 5 feet? Okay Jr. High basketball maybe but NBA? Please the game has evolved. The more limited you are than the more liability you are to the team. You brought up Reggie Evans. Yeah the Spurs exposed that type of player. Didn't matter how good a rebounder he was or how good he sets screens. Del Negro played him during crunch time and got burned. Evans makes peanuts compared to Bonner. So to me Evans is not a bad guy but a product of a stupid coaching move from VDN. Bonner is not a backup center. He is a power forward. You keep bringing up Donte Green. He sucks! Bonner sucks! Isn't Green a SF anyway and small ball does not count? You said the Kings had no true point guards but you want to add a combo guard in college and annoint him the "TRUE" NBA point guard for them? Sorry does anyone on here see that? I like Arnett Moultrie too. The thing is that trading that group together will not haul in a lottery pick.

Last edited by WILLTHETHRILL; 06-14-12 at 11:57 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-14-12, 11:41 AM
gosaspurs2150's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppsboy View Post
I do want to point out one thing...... That is I have a complete inability to use takt when I am making my points. I appologize for that.

It is pretty scary when Jose correctly points out that he is nicer than me.
Are you Lynn from Sacramento? That would be funny if you are.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-14-12, 11:58 AM
gosaspurs2150's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
So you are saying the Kings FO sucks because they gave Chuck Hayes a stupid deal? Ok it was a dumb move. Hayes had some productive years in Houston. Didn't Pop trade for Charles Smith? Idiot Trade Police was all over that in 1996! One of the worst trades ever in Spurs history. Made by Pop! Plus I would have never given Hayes a deal like that period. I though Blair played 3 years of NBA basketball not 4? He is shooting so high on FG% because he needs to be 1 to 2 feet from the basket to score. Udoh sucks and I never said to draft him or trade for him. Not all lotto picks pan out but you are not getting Dwayne Wade with pick #30 anytime soon. The odds are highly against it. So you admit Favors has range outside the paint? But it's not necessary because he is a power forward who always needs to be around the basket within 5 feet? Okay Jr. High basketball maybe but NBA? Please the game has evolved. The more limited you are than the more liability you are to the team. You brought up Reggie Evans. Yeah the Spurs exposed that type of player. Didn't matter how good a rebounder he was or how good he sets screens. Del Negro played him during crunch time and got burned. Evans makes peanuts compared to Bonner. So to me Evans is not a bad guy but I product of a stupid coaching move from VDN. Bonner is not a backup center. He is a power forward. You keep bringing up Donte Green. He sucks! Bonner sucks! Isn't Green a SF anyway and small ball does not count? You said the Kings had no true point guards but you want to add a combo guard in college and annoint him the "TRUE" NBA point guard for them? Sorry does anyone on here see that? I like Arnett Moultrie too. The thing is that trading that group together will not haul in a lottery pick.
The Kings FO have made some questionable moves in the recent past. I guess their draft picks have been ok it looks like over the past 5 years from where they landed in the draft. So you agree with me on the Hayes signing. And you can see how he is very similar to Blair.

You realize the Kings' salary is the lowest, or 2nd lowest in the NBA. I can see a sign and trade with Blair, and picking up one year for him at $1 million. They could then amnesty Hayes's contract if he doesn't perform up to par next season. Blair could replace the Thompson loss, and Bonner could replace the loss of Green, which Bonner is an upgrade there.

Also, I read something along the lines that Bonner's defense, or on the ball defense stat wise was better than Duncan's this past season. Wow! Bonner is actually a decent defender and yes, he can play the Center position which he has done before for us. He can be an ok back up Center or Power Forward for any team.

And yeah, actually Blair has played 3 years, or actually at total of 5 with college. So that makes it 5 years without any injuries or concerns to his knees. Reggie Evans and Blair made similar salaries last year, and Blair is twice as good as Evans. Not relating him to Bonner.

You said about the PF outside range. Well it depends on what type of team you have. If you are loaded with SG and a G that can score outside, what is the point of having a PF that can shot outside? A guy who is effective scoring with the pick and role and offensive put backs, and scoring within 5-8 feet from the basket is effective enough for a lot of teams. It is becoming more of an outside shooting league anyways, where the G and SG are scoring the majority of the points. Why have some PF taking a ton of outside shots anyways right? Greene is more PF than SF at a 6'11'' height. He played both positions for them.

I am not saying Joseph would be their back up point guard. He could be. It is a risk they could take getting him. He is more of a true guard than a shoting guard. They can either waive him, let him back up Thomas, or let him play in their D-League. All depends on how well he does over the summer and training camp.

Moultrie might not be a lottery pick or could land 14-16, which I wouldn't mind seeing the Spurs pull off this trade for him.

Lets forget a Blair, Joseph, Bonner trade for the #5 pick. What do you think of a Blair, Joseph, Bonner trade to the Kings (a sign and trade) for Thompson and Whiteside?

Also, do you think this trade is douable if Moultrie falls to 15 to some team?

Last edited by gosaspurs2150; 06-14-12 at 12:06 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-14-12, 02:03 PM
choppsboy's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Antelope, CA
Posts: 1,661

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosaspurs2150 View Post
Are you Lynn from Sacramento? That would be funny if you are.
No
__________________
I am never coming back to SpursReport because Will The Thrill is a horses ass.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0