News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-09-12, 11:09 PM
SR Team Goof

Will you be watching the NBA Finals???

For me personally, I won’t be watching the finals. Part of the reason is I’m a little bummed out that our Spurs aren’t there but mainly because the Miami Heat are there. I really feel that somehow, the league and the refs will find a way to screw the Thunder and pave the way for Lebron and Wade. It’s true I don’t like either player and I think they get more than their share of calls and against the younger Thunder team, I feel OKC won’t get the calls and get to the line that much in comparison. In my mind, Miami just sucks, IMHO.
Old 06-09-12, 11:14 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

Part of me doesnt becuz of the Spurs but the ball fan in me has to atleast keep up with it. I rather the Heat win than the Thunder...mainly because the Thunder beat us...wouldnt even mind if the Heat got a few calls becuz thats what happen against us on Game 6 in OKC...where we were screwed by the refs.

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-09-12, 11:23 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Don't care, think we were set up. Stern can kiss my butt
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-09-12, 11:42 PM
2012 Eastern Conference Champion

I will watch because its gonna be great series in the beginning. But we all know LeBron will finally get his first ring because it will be good for the NBA and Stern will make sure he gets it. So be expecting ghost calls from the refs in the final two games. OKC will get screwed on this one.
Old 06-09-12, 11:55 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Casually, will monitor first halves and if it's close tune in, but all in all I will not watch the full games on this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainlate View Post
Don't care, think we were set up. Stern can kiss my butt
You can't say that all in all man, it's a joke to say what when you lose game 5 at HOME nonetheless and blow a 15 pt halftime lead before the third is over. We got beat by the better team, bad calls and all in the 4th of game 6 yeah, it should not have come down to that if the Spurs handled their business in games 5 and 6 (Not blown the lead before the 4th that is, it would not be close). F STERN THOUGH! I agree.

THIS IS NOT 06 by any means when we should have won that in 6 games and they jobbed us, that one was just too bad, this one was not near that level as far as refs go and stealing a series from you.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.

Last edited by Rzarector7; 06-09-12 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-10-12, 01:03 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

I am going to watch few of those games.

I am rooting for LeBron and Wade because OKC needs to see how it hurts to get screwed by the refs as they did to my Spurs in games 5 and 6 after all the GREAT 20 games win and 1st two rounds sweep. &^%$%^^

Man you would not hear Tim Duncan speaking his mind after game 6 unless it was true. He got fined and he did not care because he just had it. Don't blame him a bit. I am so glad he said his peace! OKC got their help from Stern no question of that.

Bron will finally get his ring because that is what Stern wants.

Heat in 7 because no way this goes to 5 or 6. It has to draw the most rating baby. Book that.

I will def watch game 7 though to see Bron get his ring.
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-10-12, 01:45 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
I am going to watch few of those games.

I am rooting for LeBron and Wade because OKC needs to see how it hurts to get screwed by the refs as they did to my Spurs in games 5 and 6 after all the GREAT 20 games win and 1st two rounds sweep. &^%$%^^

Man you would not hear Tim Duncan speaking his mind after game 6 unless it was true. He got fined and he did not care because he just had it. Don't blame him a bit. I am so glad he said his peace! OKC got their help from Stern no question of that.

Bron will finally get his ring because that is what Stern wants.

Heat in 7 because no way this goes to 5 or 6. It has to draw the most rating baby. Book that.

I will def watch game 7 though to see Bron get his ring.
Well said and I agree! :applause
Old 06-10-12, 02:40 PM
SpursReport Rookie

i'll be too busy downloading doodle jump...
Old 06-12-12, 07:27 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I am slightly different in all respects, I want OKC to win and I will watch.

I love my basketball and as far I am led to believe they will be playing that over the finals, it will be good to watch where I really don't care too much if bad reffing comes into it.

I don't want to see the not 1 not 2 boys get a ring, and I am amazed everyone has forgotten this incredible display of doucheness when choosing sides. They celebrated before even playing together and should not be rewarded that for me is the worst look in sports.... feeling its all said and done because we three are just that awsome.

OKC were built by one of our own, partially on our team principles so we are cheering for our style over the clear out to your three point spots while it is one on__
Old 06-12-12, 07:30 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

I agree with Kager, I'm a fan of the game so I'll watch, now I probably won't pay as close attention to the games as I would if it were the Spurs, but still all in all, I'm looking forward to watching KD on the big stage for the 1st time and I HATE THE HEAT.
Old 06-12-12, 08:11 PM
SR Team Goof

Well said Kager and as I agree with both you and Michael, I too enjoy watching good basketball but I will abstain from watching this series. My disgust with James and Wade just turns my stomach the way they have calls go their way. But I do wish OKC all the best in this series and a sweep would really settle my stomach. Sam Presti has carefully constructed a sleeping giant and if he can keep the nucleus of this team together, we may see OKC in the finals a few more times in coming years.
Old 06-12-12, 08:52 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I'll watch it if convenient. Tonite it is, so I'm watching. Coming in, I didn't think I cared who won. But as I watch it now, it's obvious, in my heart, I want the Heat to win. I find myself happy on every make by the Heat and miss by the Thunder.

I can only guess the reason is the sting from the Thunder beating the Spurs is the reason. Also, some might hold it against the Thunder for letting Lebron get his first ring. And yes, I'm hoping the 50/50 calls go against the Thunder the same way they did against the Spurs down the stretches.
Old 06-12-12, 10:43 PM
Herman Cain of the board

If the Spurs had the Bobcats record I would still watch the Finals. The Spurs are my team but I like basketball. I watched the Finals when the Spurs sucked. What the Spurs do or don't do makes no difference to me. I just like basketball plain and simple.
Old 06-12-12, 10:45 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I didn't watch tonight. Checked the gamecast every once in a while. But frankly just not watching it because I don't think it will be very interesting. I expect OKC to dominate and dispatch the heat in 5.
Old 06-12-12, 10:59 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I ended up watching it and it looked like the Spurs game where they came back from being down to dominating the Miami Heat and Durant continuing to hit clutch shots and showing why he should be MVP. Oh well at least it makes our losses not look so embarassing now.
Old 06-12-12, 11:02 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Not me. I never watch NBA once Spurs are out of it. Really I rarely watch a game not involving the Spurs even when the are still in it, playoffs or regular season. Gotta a lot of other things that I'd rather spend my time doing.
Old 06-12-12, 11:50 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I watched Storage Wars instead.
Old 06-13-12, 01:26 AM
The Amazing!

I missed game one and I really wanted to see this series but I am still bummed out about the Spurs going down I don’t feel like watching basketball. Guess I will see the rest of the finals though.. Spurs were so close… so close….
Old 06-13-12, 06:23 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

The way the Thunder played last night I don't feel so bad that the Spurs couldn't keep up. That's one heck of a basketball team and they don't stop coming at you, you need to have a deep bench and that bench has to play really well to stay with them. You could see the Heat begin to crumble towards the end of the 3rd quarter, to brought joy to my heart to once again watch as the 'king' was reduced to a pauper in the 4th quarter of a finals game.
Old 06-13-12, 07:53 AM
SpursReport Team Member

LeBaby doesn't deserve to win a ring ever. He is everything that is wrong with the NBA and KD is everything that is right. OKC is essentially the Spurs 2.0. It's the younger newer model of the big 3 with a complete team first mentality. Hell, they even have a river walk.

Miami is awful and had a cake walk to the finals which they made very difficult on their own due to having only two players score 50-70% of the teams points.

NBA Finals was decided in western conference. As a Texan I'm supposed to hate everything Oklahoma, but, in this case, with KD being a Longhorn and my utter disgust with LeFame, it's go OKC!
Old 06-14-12, 12:35 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Yes I'll be watching and rooting for OK to sweep Miami!