News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-12, 10:22 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosaspurs2150 View Post
Ok, true about Manu not being a small forward and SJax being a SF now.

Ed Davis, trade idea a pipe dream? Really? Making $2.2 million next year. You don't think they would take Bonner back and get the rights for De Colo for him?

Yeah, Boston could give Allen the MLE or let him walk.

If Boston gets Danny Green, Bradley might be gone depending on a good trade.
Ed Davis was a lottery pick. I just think it's a reach on that trade idea. I think Toronto wants Bonner back and Joseph because of him being from Canada. Ray Allen......I just think his pride will get in the way. He did not complain about being demoted at certain points but he was making big bucks anyway. Now he more then likely won't if re-signed. I think with Brandon Bass more than likely opting out and their big glaring need for big guys........they will want to free up some more money. So I see a Boston low ball offer to wipe their hands clean. Allen will balk and look elsewhere. I think Doc Rivers and management are high on a Rondo/Bradley backcourt moving forward. Danny Green would be a nice fit for them too. But why does Bradley have to leave? He is on his rookie deal and they have few players signed up for next year anyway. Keeping him makes sense at this point. Also Boston has picks #21 and #22 to play with in the first round. Spurs will have to get creative no matter what they do to upgrade.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-11-12, 11:01 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
Ed Davis was a lottery pick. I just think it's a reach on that trade idea. I think Toronto wants Bonner back and Joseph because of him being from Canada. Ray Allen......I just think his pride will get in the way. He did not complain about being demoted at certain points but he was making big bucks anyway. Now he more then likely won't if re-signed. I think with Brandon Bass more than likely opting out and their big glaring need for big guys........they will want to free up some more money. So I see a Boston low ball offer to wipe their hands clean. Allen will balk and look elsewhere. I think Doc Rivers and management are high on a Rondo/Bradley backcourt moving forward. Danny Green would be a nice fit for them too. But why does Bradley have to leave? He is on his rookie deal and they have few players signed up for next year anyway. Keeping him makes sense at this point. Also Boston has picks #21 and #22 to play with in the first round. Spurs will have to get creative no matter what they do to upgrade.
Yeah you are right. Good points. And yeah I think they are high on Bradley and want a Bradley/Rondo back court. It would be hard to steal him away. The more I think about it, I think we keep Green and sign him with the early Bird rights and I am ok with that.

I think it was you or someone else that had sources that not much is going to change with the roster next season. And the more I think about that too, I think that could be pretty much right. We can keep all of our players from last season if Duncan signs for $12-$13 million next year, and I am ok for one more year of a solid go with that team. We will still kick some serious ass with that line up and bench.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-12-12, 12:37 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I'm with McGyver
Old 06-12-12, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
I don't understand the hate for Joseph.
He played a year in college, but has potential. He's cheap, under the rookie contract. Why bail on him after a single season?
i'm with you on this. he's extremely raw for the NBA and we had Ford at the time, so there was no pressure on him to actually play with Neal as the 3rd. for a rookie young kid right out of college, he did pretty well.
Old 06-12-12, 11:31 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
i'm with you on this. he's extremely raw for the NBA and we had Ford at the time, so there was no pressure on him to actually play with Neal as the 3rd. for a rookie young kid right out of college, he did pretty well.
I agree. My major points there:

1) He's 20 years old.
2) He didn't even play PG full time at Texas. So he is early on the learning curve yet.
3) In college, he was been lauded for his defense, playmaking, athleticism, and outside shot.
4) Played this year without the benefit of summer league or real training camp.