News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-12, 01:49 AM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

Word out there: We got jobbed by refs big time

Lurking forums out there by impartials: Spurs got jobbed BIG TIME.
Still changes nothing though...
[email protected]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-07-12, 02:00 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Yes Refs did hurt some, but man we could not hit shots when it counted or get stops either at all down the stretch and I MEAN NONE! They just beat us, Refs helped yes but man down the stretch ATH they made all the big shots over and over and over.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-07-12, 02:29 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Time for the Spurs to shift back into their DEFENSE first identity. During previous championship runs, when shots weren't falling, they relied HEAVILY on their belief they could flat out STOP the other team at any moment and THEY DID! Sure, the game has "evolved". Whatever! Adapt, but keep your identity!
Old 06-07-12, 02:45 AM
Moderator in Flip Flops

Look at the calls that were made rza... How many trips did durant get? How many offensive fouls did the Spurs get called on made baskets? A Jackson T for why? And then, do you really think the Spurs can get a fair shake with joey freakin' crawford? Hypocrisy. No the Spurs didn't do enough to win this game, but really, do you think the refs made their task easier or HARDER? Sabbatical time...
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Old 06-07-12, 04:11 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Tango from San Diego View Post
Look at the calls that were made rza... How many trips did durant get? How many offensive fouls did the Spurs get called on made baskets? A Jackson T for why? And then, do you really think the Spurs can get a fair shake with joey freakin' crawford? Hypocrisy. No the Spurs didn't do enough to win this game, but really, do you think the refs made their task easier or HARDER? Sabbatical time...
See if I get into this I can cry all night over the refs Joe! I try not to at all and say how did yo blow that big lead! IF THE REFS are fully the case why do I watch this game again? If the Spurs could make some stops they win this game too! Refs did mess up yes I agree! The Spurs did mess up too! Joey hell no did he do most of the calls though or? The perfect storm all in all! If the Spurs handle their business in game 5 we don't have these problems though, lose tonight we got game 7! Spurs blew some games in this series and I can't solely blame the refs like I did in 06 vs the Mavs!
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-07-12, 04:15 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
Spurs blew some games in this series and I can't solely blame the refs like I did in 06 vs the Mavs!
I'm still bent on that '06 series. That and 0.4 are the two, hands down, biggest screw jobs I've ever seen.
Old 06-07-12, 06:30 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Tango from San Diego View Post
It's no coincidence Joey's first game back from suspension was to ref us against LA in the playoffs and **** us... And it's no coincidence Joey reffed this pivotal game 6. All part of the nba plan.. Stern will make sure his finals are heat/thunder
Old 06-07-12, 06:42 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorTex View Post
I'm still bent on that '06 series. That and 0.4 are the two, hands down, biggest screw jobs I've ever seen.
Remember though, those two painful losses got us real motivated for the following season, which we won titles for both of those.
Old 06-07-12, 07:16 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Yes...we didnt hit alot of our shots down the stretch. However, the one critical play that would have brought us closer or changr the momentum to us was waived off by a bogus charge called on ginobili. Durant was clearly moving when trying to take the charge. At the other end, ginobili who barely if at all touches westbrook wrist was called a foul. Poor officiating like that changed the momentum of the game making it twice as hard to make the big shots at the end. We drive into the lane and no foul call. They drive into the lane and every foul is called. Horrible officiating and a main contribution to out loss. Nba is A disgrace
Old 06-07-12, 08:47 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I simply cannot believe we got jobbed again...so disappointing
Old 06-07-12, 10:27 AM
SpursReport Regulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
Yes Refs did hurt some, but man we could not hit shots when it counted or get stops either at all down the stretch and I MEAN NONE! They just beat us, Refs helped yes but man down the stretch ATH they made all the big shots over and over and over.
Rz I agree with something you say and disagree with others.
I agree if they would have made a few more shots in the 3rd quarter maybe things would have be different...but where I disagree is about the refs parts...

The Spurs got rattle with all those stupid call the refs did..i think I gave an example about if your driving down the street and a car just rams you...You as a driver will be rattled...all day you will feel that affect of the accident. and thats how I feel the spurs got with all the bad calls.
Old 06-07-12, 10:40 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Location: Upstate New York, USA (and occasionally Thailand with my wife).

Fun Facts:
- I've been a Spurs fan since 1990.
- I got my wife hooked on the Spurs in 2004.
- I've watched and recorded every Spurs game from 1996 to 2005 on VHS.
- I've watched and recorded every Spurs game on DVD since 2006.
- I hate the La-La-Land Fakers and NBA Refs... possibly even more than I love the Spurs.

My websites:
www.chrusher.com
Old 06-07-12, 11:30 AM
SpursReport Rookie

The fifth foul on Manu might be one of the worst I have ever seen! Harden runs over him close lining him and the call it on Manu....enough said!
Old 06-07-12, 04:08 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Did the refs effect the Spurs' shooting in the second half? Spurs lost. Thunder won. The better team won.
Old 06-07-12, 05:52 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Yes they did affect their shooting. One by killing their momentim and then at least 6I for sure points we should have had turn to offensive fouls. In FG alone we outscores them by 3. The rest was free throws.
Old 06-07-12, 06:20 PM
The Eternal Optimist

Must agree with both call against Manu waving off a basket on the charge into Durant, not mention the phony call when Harden whacked Many, well ran over him and theyconsequently waved off Leonard's three. However, I have always maintained the ten players on the court make more mistakes than the the whistle blowers. Two by the tweeters equals six. Two each by the ten players equals twenty.

That said, I must say I was not impressed with some crucial calls in either game five or six.
Old 06-07-12, 06:37 PM
Dead Man Walking

I almost never blame refs for losses and the Thunder deserve a lot of credit....

Having said that, I'm done with this WWF fake league
Old 06-07-12, 11:04 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

So the refs sucked. Nothing new. I still say the Spurs could have won the game if they played ever so slightly better. For example, in game 6, we got the following:

Manu 10 points
Leonard 5 points
Diaw 0 points
Green 0 points

If each of the above had hit one more basket each (in the case of Diaw and Green just one basket), the Spurs win this game.
Old 06-08-12, 03:51 AM
Moderator in Flip Flops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Dave View Post
So the refs sucked. Nothing new. I still say the Spurs could have won the game if they played ever so slightly better. For example, in game 6, we got the following:

Manu 10 points
Leonard 5 points
Diaw 0 points
Green 0 points

If each of the above had hit one more basket each (in the case of Diaw and Green just one basket), the Spurs win this game.
You mean like when Manu got that and one basket negated when charging was called on him after durant slid in front?
Or do you mean the three point basket Kawhi made that was wiped out when the refs called another foul on Ginobili for a moving pick which by the way was Manu's 5th foul and Pop had to pull him out for a precious few minutes?
Or do you mean when Kawhi was hit in the head on a defensive rebound attempt that led to another possession for the thunder in which they scored the next time?

Do the math, San Antonio get those plays, the Spurs do win game six..

I HATE complaining about the refs, but when awful refereeing is coupled with biased refereeing, that's when people start playing the "C" card..

Just look at how many FT attempts the thunder got in the second half versus how many the Spurs got ALL GAME long?

It sucks now, because the result won't change, but given all that the Spurs did to get to the finals, you just kind of knew the goaltending iblaka got away with all series long was just another call that was going to get ignored so that the heat would meet the thunder in the playoffs as if it were pre-ordained..
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Old 06-08-12, 10:25 AM
SpursReport Team Member

I guess the nba motto Big" should just be B.S.
Old 06-08-12, 12:50 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Sadly the Spurs lost the series in game 3 where they just did not show up and that made OK stronger and put more doubt in their ability to excute a low turnover game.

Even 18 or 15 up at the half - we should have come out in Game 6 looking like we were 18/15 down - instead we came dancing with TO's and on the back foot!
Old 06-08-12, 09:55 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Aack!
Old 06-09-12, 12:07 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorTex View Post
Time for the Spurs to shift back into their DEFENSE first identity. During previous championship runs, when shots weren't falling, they relied HEAVILY on their belief they could flat out STOP the other team at any moment and THEY DID! Sure, the game has "evolved". Whatever! Adapt, but keep your identity!

DEFENSE wins championships!

OKC showed Defense and got back in this thing. 'Nuf Said.