News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-06-12, 11:54 PM
SpursReport Team Member

ALWAYS proud of the Spurs!

Another year--much closer than last year--and sure it hurts. However, this team has done a whole heck of a lot more than the vast majority of NBA teams. And on top of that list as far as I am concerned, is the example the organization shows to young kids looking up to it regarding how a team functions, the importance of a work ethic, and above all else, the importance of sportsmanship. Very little more that a Dad raising kids could ask for from his team! Thank you Spurs!!!
Old 06-07-12, 12:49 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Well said. It's never easy to see your team loose but I'm proud and will keep on cheering
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-07-12, 12:56 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Yes!

I am always proud of my Spurs!

Refs Happen! On top of everything.... Just like Sh#t Happen!

Be Proud Spurs Team! And keep your head up high! No matter what happened you still are a GREAT Team and Class Organization.

Thank you Tony for an incredible season and PO run and Game 6 tonight!

Thanks Tim Duncan for a great year and a very good PO run.
Hope you will not retire and keep playing here. You are an inspiration to so many people and I hope you know how much this city of San Antonio love you! Hope you will get another two more rings here before you retire on top of the world just like big Dave!

Thanks Manu for a Great PO run. Stay healthy please.

Thanks Captain Jack for GREAT PO run.

Thanks to all Spurs players who played great season and few good PO games.

You fought so hard during this short season and made it so far!

A short season which you accomplished 50 wins!!!!

That was AMAZING!!!!!

Then you made it to WCF! From last year that was a huge improvement!

So what you had things going on this series beyond control.

Next year you will RELOAD and come back Stronger!

We all enjoyed the ride! And you made us all proud!

If you made it to the Finals and then quit or could not make it all the way, I would have been very disappointed in you all!!

Gary Neal had to get sick last game. That was the game we needed!
Daniel Green decided to quit on us when we needed him the most!
That along with Bonner Missing in Action!

All things combined made this last series nearly impossible to surpass!

That's okay because next year RC and the FO will get you some help and we will see OKC back or whoever made it to the WCF and beat them fair and Square!

Next year should be "Our Year"!

Because Spurs have the system all they need is to RELOAD the players to plug in!!! See you all Next year!

Go Spurs Go!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-07-12, 01:26 AM
SpursReport Rookie

No shame in losing to the eventual champion because make no mistake, the Celtics or the Heat will get run by this Thunder team. Finals will go 5 games at the most. The way the Spurs played these guys, it was a miracle we got 2 from them.
Old 06-09-12, 06:52 PM
Official Whorry Hater!

Old 06-12-12, 11:23 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Spurs4ever
Old 06-12-12, 07:12 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorTex View Post
No shame in losing to the eventual champion because make no mistake, the Celtics or the Heat will get run by this Thunder team. Finals will go 5 games at the most. The way the Spurs played these guys, it was a miracle we got 2 from them.
Not a miracle. Spurs are a really good team.
The Thunder are better.

Over a 7 game series, adjustments are made game to game. OKC has better defensive players. Stop outside shot (Bonner, et al), tweak. Stop Parker, tweak. Stop all Spurs for 7 minutes, win.

Last edited by katyspursfan; 06-12-12 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-12-12, 10:58 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

I love this team, I chose to remember the good years and not ones like this one and how they ended! Great run this year, but it ended badly. I agree with the above too for what he said, Spurs ran into a better team.

I will be back next year rooting as well, come into it with alot less expectations all in all (Had none this year until they made me believe again), should be fun.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-14-12, 12:15 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

spurs for life!!!
Old 06-14-12, 02:14 PM
SpursReport Rookie

we always have a chance to win the championship with the Spurs, always in contention. you can count with one hand how many teams can say this in the association.
Old 06-15-12, 02:50 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Duncan's spurs have lived through the whole spectrum of NBA... from Champions to Chokers.

Memphis and OKC.... cant imagine what another year of first seeding it, only to get punkd in the playoffs will do to his history. every year he gets punkd, more thats what he'll be remembered for.
Old 06-15-12, 02:41 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Chokers i guess is way of putting it? but these Spurs advanced more rounds than what they were suppose to do, last year and this year Memphis has a hell of a team and the same with OKC I think a better definition of this team is lack of Heart to compete, the Hunger to get it done, I think Pop made our big three a little weak with so much pampering and resting (be healthy is what they call it) the spurs look disengage as soon as things dont go their way like they dont want to push themselves. look at Boston they took the young guns to seven games, they lost at home but they kept going, Garnet is a punk he has desire to win
Old 06-15-12, 02:42 PM
SpursReport Rookie

I STILL LOVE MY SPURS!
Old 06-17-12, 01:04 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

i also comfort myself by telling myself that 1st seeds have overachived by making it to the playoffs... 1st round exit or 2nd 3rd... jst overachievers to make it to be the 1st seed.

very different than dallas or other teams being first seeds and having a early exit... in the spurs case, i know its overachievement. and not choking.
Old 06-17-12, 03:43 AM
SR Team Goof

The Spurs first caught my eye back in 1976 when Bob Bass was the coach and he had a young team in Ice, Dietrick, Gale, Olberding, Kenon, Silas, Bristow and Paultz and they finished with over 50 wins. The Spurs have always had good teams through the years, maybe with the exception of the year DRob had a bad back and we had to hitch our wagon to Dominique and Del Negro to scratch out close to 20 wins. But drafting TD pumped new life into our Spurs and revitalized the SA community and we have continually knocked on the NBA championship’s door ever since, winning 4 Larry OBrien trophies along the way. The Spurs are fighters, when they get knocked down one year, they bounce back and are in your face the next. They’ll be back this fall with a few new faces challenging the best the NBA has to offer and regardless of how they fare, they can depend on their loyal fans to be behind them all the way for another ‘Drive for Five’. When you have 4 championship trophies on display at the AT&T Center, there’s always room for another.
Old 06-17-12, 06:29 AM
SR Team Goof

There is also a nice dedication and thank you posted by the SA Express News in their Sunday edition (17Jun2012), page C5.