News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-03-12, 02:57 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Play the "Thunder Killer"!

Blair contributes: Playing for the first time in non-garbage time, Spurs backup big man DeJuan Blair made his presence felt during the final five-plus minutes of the third quarter and the first minute of the fourth.

That’s when the Spurs made a run that sliced a 15-point Thunder lead to three points with 11:06 remaining.

In a little more than 9 1/2 minutes of the second half, the husky power forward was a physical presence in the middle. He grabbed two rebounds and made one of two shots.

“We’ve just got to be more physical,” he said. “That’s when I came in and tried to spark it, and I think I did a good job. We just fell a little short.”

Admitting it has been tough waiting for a chance to contribute, Blair said he hopes he earned more playing time for Game 5.

“Yeah, it’s been tough, but that’s life,” Blair said. “You’ve just got to keep going and when your name is called you just go. Pop knows what he’s doing. I’ve got to be ready at all times.”

Spurs Nation
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-03-12, 03:12 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

POP better know what he is doing in game damn 5 in SA, he better play this guy more too! Pop needs to wake the F up now, period.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-03-12, 09:20 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

We've all seen Pop at his stubborn worse and his stubborn best, and to me the fact that he hasn't played Blair at all until last night is Pop at his stubborn worse, his energy, hustle, bulk and relentlessness are what the Spurs need, enough already with this finesse garbage of having bigs camp out at the 3 point line.

I'd start Blair alongside of Tim and bring Boris as the first big off the bench and Tiago as the next and if Tiago doesn't hit his free throws, make SJax play the 4.
Old 06-03-12, 10:18 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

SJax can certainly offer more at the 4 then Mr. Bonner.
Old 06-03-12, 10:27 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Bonner should not even be allowed into the building. He has deer in the headlights look!
Old 06-04-12, 10:06 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I didn't see that part of the game, but I don't really get the "he got 2 rebounds in almost ten minutes and changed the game" argument statistically. Maybe there was more to it than that. I am a fan of playing Blair vs. OKC but that stat doesn't exactly scream at me.
Old 06-05-12, 03:01 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

So do you all think Pop is saving Blair to game 6?

He played poorly for 6.48 min tonight.
Old 06-05-12, 03:21 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurscrazed View Post
So do you all think Pop is saving Blair to game 6?

He played poorly for 6.48 min tonight.
I thought Blair was the answer to the spacing problems and the Thunder crashing the passing lanes but I was wrong. 21 TO's tonight again! The Spurs, especially Duncan, at the end of the game knew they have no answer. I'll be pleasantly surprised if game 6 is competitive. Hope they pull a miracle! Go Spurs!
Old 06-05-12, 05:06 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorTex View Post
I thought Blair was the answer to the spacing problems and the Thunder crashing the passing lanes but I was wrong. 21 TO's tonight again! The Spurs, especially Duncan, at the end of the game knew they have no answer. I'll be pleasantly surprised if game 6 is competitive. Hope they pull a miracle! Go Spurs!
You will be more than pleasantly surprised when you see Spurs winning game 6 on the road and shocking the world.

When the animal is wounded they are 10x dangerous.
Old 06-05-12, 06:06 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

But my question is.. "Is Popovich contractually obligated to play Bonner-- even if its only 2 minutes a game? I mean every time this guy is out there, it's OKC +6 or more!"