News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 06-03-12, 12:18 AM
Moderator in Flip Flops

Post Game Four Suggestions.....

After the close loss Saturday night, the chatroom searched for answers using the "If I were Coach Pop" method...

I had hoped that I could save the entire chat, but apparently that does not happen. So I hope that the chatters (and everyone else) can add their two cents to what you would do to get a Spurs victory in Game five?

Hasn't Pop during every title year reinserted Manu Ginobili back into the starting lineup?
What do you all think of PG-Parker, SG-Ginobili, SF-Leonard, PF-Diaw, C-Duncan. Backup G-Neal, Backup F-Sjax, Backup C- Splitter/Blair... Situational-Green/Bonner.. That is eleven deep.....

the thunder at home played a Spurs style of basketball, but without their crowd, can they do it in San Antonio? I also think that ibaka, perkins, and collison won't play as well there either, and their big three will revert back to isoball and a loss in game five by the thunder..

Care to share? Please do..
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-03-12, 12:26 AM
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter

PG-Parker, SG-Ginobili, SF-Leonard, PF-Diaw, C-Duncan. Backup G-Mills/Neal, Backup F-Sjax, Backup C- Splitter/Blair... Situational-Green/NO-->Bonner

I still don't think we have a leader off the bench with this lineup. And I don't think we solve our difficulties against the type of D the OKC is throwing at us, but at least we wouldn't be as flatline as these last couple of games.
We could go:
PG-Parker, SG-Ginobili, SF-Leonard, PF-Blair, C-Duncan.
Don't kid ourselves...we need adjustments.
[email protected]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-03-12, 08:16 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Need to clear space for Parker. Maybe spread floor and open lanes. Their defense is cheating over.., kick out snd hope green, Leonard, bonner (that's his name, right? Haven't seen him in big payoff games)or jaxson hits.

Steady as pop goes....
Old 06-03-12, 09:02 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Spurs got beaten badly on the boards. Blair looked awfully good down on the blocks. I'd consider giving him the start over Diaw and to return to the old starting lineup.

Like Sefolosha and Ibaka, Green seems to need home-cookin'. Maybe we'll see some brilliance out of him on Monday.

If I'm Pop (I'm not), I start Blair with TD as we did during the regular season and pair Splitter with Diaw in the second unit. Use the Pick And Roll from a variety of angles, keep shooters on the arc and start moving the ball again. TP must prove that he can withstand tough times.

Last edited by Joe Tango from San Diego; 06-03-12 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Added this from another thread. McKenna's comment is relevant here.
Old 06-03-12, 09:13 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Spurs allowed the Thunder to shoot 72.2 percent in second quarter — third highest by an opponent this season.

Then Pop gave them a tongue lashing!

They reacted (with the help of Thunder Killer Blair) to go on a massive run in the third.

By the time the 4th quarter started, they were only down by four and then they allowed Oklahoma City to hit 68.4 percent from the field in the fourth quarter.

Their best D-Friggin'-Fense is their FRIGGIN'-OFENSE!

Sit all those who can't find their shot! Don't even let them into the building and let those who can score and run play!

Anyone with deer in headlights looks may as well stay home. We don't need you. We've got way too many guys sitting on the bench who want a chance to play who can also put the ball in the hole!

Timmy ain't getting any younger. It's now or never!

(P.S. welcome back Captain Late!)
Old 06-03-12, 09:14 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Shorten the rotation. No reason in the WCF (with more and longer time outs) that players can't increase their minutes.

Move Blair up to number three in the big man rotation.

If tempted to put Bonner in the game, have Budenholzer tackle Pop and scream in his face until he agrees to go with SJax instead.
Old 06-03-12, 09:50 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Put Tim on the low block a few more times, tell Manu to get it together, and hope Danny green starts hitting his threes.
Is our defense that good? I think so. And the scary part is that the whole team seems to take a sadistic pride in shutting people down. What is Pop feeding them? They looked brainwashed out there, a single minded machine that just eats up their opponents. -----pjrfan
Old 06-03-12, 10:25 AM

Parker/Ginobili/Leonard/Blair/Duncan

you can't put Blair in with Neal because no one can pass it to him off a pick and roll. Diaw's been doing good, but then we need an option with Jax off the bench.

either that or start Jackson/Blair and bench Diaw with Manu. many options, but cutting Green's minutes and starting Blair should be what Pop is thinking.

what's killed us isn't our starters, it's our bench. once Bonner came in, all the mojo we had went away. no idea on why Bonner was the first to get in there, Pop should've inserted Manu over Green.
Old 06-03-12, 11:24 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Have they tried more cowbell?
Old 06-03-12, 11:25 AM
SpursReport Rookie

I like Athenea's starting lineup. Blair and Manu have always played great together. Off the bench I would use Mills instead of Neal, Neal can't be the point guard in this series. I think Sjax can be a good spark off the bench. I also think they need to be more aggressive and attack, attack that way at least you try to get their bigs in foul trouble. To me they looked like they were playing very timid and not with the hunger to take it to them. COME ON SPURS, I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 06-03-12, 01:01 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

I would put Blair in the starting line up that is for sure.

Blair is an OKC killer, he is going to be the X Factor for us to win the next two games. He can do that too on the road. He creates havoc for the thunder bigs. He can sneak in and tip the ball and he can rebound and he can occupy good space in the paint, he is def a starter for us that should be a no brainer.

As for the rest of the starters. Here is my suggestion.

Tony, Manu, Leonard, Timmy, Blair.

Yes guys, I do want to start MANU because the experience is huge in the PO and Manu is not working with the people off the bench well in the last two games. Plus starters need Manu and Tony to create something better than Tony and Green because that sure is not working now.

The importance of starting Manu is because the okc starters are doing great vs our team and are killing us in the first half of both gams. We need to neutralized (sofolosha) big time.

The start of the game has to be HUGE and we need to outscore them and demolish them in the first quarter in order to win. Especially since they are coming from the high of the two wins in okc.

The OKC will do their run in the second half and adjust, but they must be challenged to take all their power off there. And we still apply massive pressure on them on the second half. They would try and try in the third and fourth, but we would match anything they do by then so we would stay on the top.

Spurs must out rebound the okc huge thing.

Spurs must Dominate the paint HUGE HUGE thing.

Then I frankly don't care how many turn overs or fast breaks Spurs sacrifice vs dominating the paint and boards, but the most important thing is the Spurs dominate both boards and points in the pain massively.

The bench needs to have the following coming first:

Green not Neal for Tony and if Green sucked again put Anderson
Neal for Manu
Stephen Jackson for Leonard
Diaw for Timmy
Tiago for Blair

Then I would NOT play Bonner at all unless garbage minutes.

I would shorten the bench to this and would not play more people.
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 06-03-12, 02:12 PM
Moderator in Flip Flops

Its just past noon on the left coast and after reading posts from our brethren here, I gather that we want to see Pop change is the following:

1. Manu must be back in the starting lineup.

2. Start Blair instead of Bobo because he plays extremely well against okc. Blair may take up space inside to clog lanes,but he makes it easier for the Spurs to rebound offensively for putbacks to make up for that. See the next point..

3. Sit Bonner unless he finds his shot. Without his ability to spread the floor, lanes get clogged and driving to the basket is much tougher. And since bonner can't rebound, the Spurs don't get extra attempts like Blair gives them.

4. Green is a bigger issue if he isn't hitting because that allows okc's perimeter players to help off of him everywhere else.

5. Defensively, 27 assists by the okc is ridiculous. The thunder have played better Spurs basketball than the Spurs the last two games... They have got to do a better job of securing rebounds, and getting out and running.

6. Offensively, the Spurs must get back to scoring points in the paint. Points in the paint mean better opportunities from the three point line, not necessarily more, but better looks for sure...

Anything else?
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Old 06-03-12, 10:44 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Start Manu or increase his minutes.
Bench Bonner. NO minutes!
Blair over Splitter at least for this series.
Try to limit Neal and SJax on the floor at the same time.
Insert Mills if need be. He can score the ball.
Old 06-04-12, 09:00 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

If you pull Green it is on the road, not at home. He will be fine here.

We need his defense.

No reason for Blair to start. Play, yes. Especially if we can't get Splitter to defend the rim or finish on P&R.