News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
  #1  
Old 06-02-12, 10:06 PM
ATHENEA's Avatar
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,280
TONTY MVP: Most Vegetative Player

A real MVP plays worth chit on the road. Just my 2 cents.
__________________
NO D, NO RING!!!!
With 26 points on 4 of 4 shots from distance in only 20 minutes of PT. Efficient eviceration.
Wolves' fan: ginobili vs. the wolves is like he's just kind of laughing to himself all game...kind of like he thinks it's cute that they're trying to play basketball.
[email protected]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-02-12, 10:08 PM
spurduncan21's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: America
Posts: 2,038

Yep. Better bring it at home because this was the game to take and could have had it but OKCs bigs were unstoppable shooting the ball won't happen again that much I know
__________________
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising in every time we fall”

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-02-12, 10:17 PM
Flipmode Master's Avatar
The Chosen One(Moderator)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Batcave in Savannah
Posts: 5,945

Without Tony we wouldn't even be in this position...real question is where is Manu????
__________________

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-02-12, 10:27 PM
ATHENEA's Avatar
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,280

U mean on all fours?
__________________
NO D, NO RING!!!!
With 26 points on 4 of 4 shots from distance in only 20 minutes of PT. Efficient eviceration.
Wolves' fan: ginobili vs. the wolves is like he's just kind of laughing to himself all game...kind of like he thinks it's cute that they're trying to play basketball.
[email protected]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-02-12, 10:32 PM
Mombear's Avatar
Official Whorry Hater!
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Antonio, Texas USA
Posts: 44,199

hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this thread is just too damn funny.

__________________



Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-02-12, 10:47 PM
TimmyDthaWay2B's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Springdale
Posts: 3,892

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master View Post
Without Tony we wouldn't even be in this position...real question is where is Manu????
I disagree using the logic that Parker is the reason we are in this position.. There are a lot of
Players that played a roll in winning two games... I agree about ginobili.... He should be raveled right into this with Parker. Making bonehead plays way too frequently...
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-02-12, 11:39 PM
Uwe Blab's Avatar
The Master Baiter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.A.
Posts: 4,592

Manu - 6 turnovers out of the 10. They are game planning FOR Tony. It's up to the others to help out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-02-12, 11:49 PM
fabio's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 891

Everybody's over-reacting. We'll win this series and the ring WITH TONY AND WITH MANU (sorry Uwe Blab and Flipmode master and katyspursfan, that's the truth like it or not). Tony has a limited court vision and his only play is go fast and penetrate, granted, but when it works, I don't hear anybody complaining. It is what it is. Plus, there's another team in front, and they're not scrubs, they're in the WCF. I do think, however, that Tony should never, ever, ever play PG in the 4th quarter, just keep things as usual: last quarter Manu is the PG, we win and everybody's happy. We did it in game 1, in game 2 and every important game of the PO and the season, so have no idea why today Tony was taking the ball, specially when we were down. Pop never did this, so why change now? It really beats me. Anyway, hold your horses, if we only win at home, so be it, the important thing is to win
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-02-12, 11:56 PM
Uwe Blab's Avatar
The Master Baiter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.A.
Posts: 4,592

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
Everybody's over-reacting. We'll win this series and the ring WITH TONY AND WITH MANU (sorry Uwe Blab and Flipmode master and katyspursfan, that's the truth like it or not). Tony has a limited court vision and his only play is go fast and penetrate, granted, but when it works, I don't hear anybody complaining. It is what it is. Plus, there's another team in front, and they're not scrubs, they're in the WCF. I do think, however, that Tony should never, ever, ever play PG in the 4th quarter, just keep things as usual: last quarter Manu is the PG, we win and everybody's happy. We did it in game 1, in game 2 and every important game of the PO and the season, so have no idea why today Tony was taking the ball, specially when we were down. Pop never did this, so why change now? It really beats me. Anyway, hold your horses, if we only win at home, so be it, the important thing is to win
Come on man, don't just call out the one's bashing Manu. Your buddy is bashing Tony too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-02-12, 11:56 PM
ATHENEA's Avatar
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Manu - 6 turnovers out of the 10. They are game planning FOR Tony. It's up to the others to help out.
Hater
__________________
NO D, NO RING!!!!
With 26 points on 4 of 4 shots from distance in only 20 minutes of PT. Efficient eviceration.
Wolves' fan: ginobili vs. the wolves is like he's just kind of laughing to himself all game...kind of like he thinks it's cute that they're trying to play basketball.
[email protected]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-03-12, 12:25 AM
kmgospurs's Avatar
SpursReport Team Bench
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,766

I think Manu needs to start again. He can't be the sixth man anymore. Now when he gets out there he tries to do too much and this leads to his bad decision making.rHe's going to have to improve his turnovters and his shot selections. Also I've noticed that if he comes in after the 6 minute mark in the first quarter he's going to have a bad game. Of course tonight he came in around the 4 minute mark. The last few games that he came in around the 4 minute mark he was pretty bad. Oh well no wonder he's barely playing over 20 minutes. Face it like SJ said he's a role player now. Tony's our MVP this year and I expect him to play better and be more consistent.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-03-12, 09:00 AM
esparzar1's Avatar
President: K.Leo Fan Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 3,770

wow, two bad games and the blame games start. Pathetic people. TP9 and Manu, and SJax, and Neal, and Tiago, and Boris.....etc. All played bad. The only two players that played okay were TD and Kawhi. This loss is not on Tony in any way, shape, or form. He was a lot more aggressive this game but just couldn't get the shots to drop. Some people are right about calling out Manu. For some reason, some people on this site treat Manu like a God when it's clear that he has been the weakest link of the Big 3 so far in the playoffs. Ya'll need to stop being so biased with Manu. He needs to pick up his game as well......just sayin!
__________________
I think he's going to be a star. And as time goes on, he'll be the face of the Spurs, I think.--- Coach Pop on Leonard
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-03-12, 09:52 AM
Guapo's Avatar
SpursReport Team Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3,268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master View Post
Without Tony we wouldn't even be in this position...real question is where is Manu????
Agreed! Manu has turned the ball over more than anyone else in this series it seems and he was at it again last night.

He needs to take over!!!

Create from what the game gives you Manu!

Knock a bird out of Harden's beard!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-03-12, 11:38 AM
ProjectGSX's Avatar
SpursReport Assistant Coach
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 10,873

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master View Post
Without Tony we wouldn't even be in this position...real question is where is Manu????
Manu had 6 turnovers last night. Solid showing for him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-03-12, 12:08 PM
spurscrazed's Avatar
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Manu - 6 turnovers out of the 10. They are game planning FOR Tony. It's up to the others to help out.
Amen to that!

Manu really needs to be the real Manu. They took him out of his game.

Truth is Manu and Tony both were ambushed and Trapped!

I hope both can get away from the traps and create something.

But most important OTHERS need to step up.
__________________
WOW So fired up and Charged up for this Year 2015! Lets do this again! GSG!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-04-12, 09:05 AM
grizzly_bexar's Avatar
Carne de res ipsa loquitur
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,551

Can't blame Tony for the Thunder game-planning to take him out and nobody else stepping up.

We take out Westbrook and Harden, other guys on the Thunder step up. We can't say the same.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-04-12, 10:53 PM
ATHENEA's Avatar
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,280

U can't argue with menow about Tonty...srsly.
He is the MostVaginaPlayer in my book now.
Way to play MVP!

Ahh And next time u run ur mouth before a series, check ur nutz r there.
__________________
NO D, NO RING!!!!
With 26 points on 4 of 4 shots from distance in only 20 minutes of PT. Efficient eviceration.
Wolves' fan: ginobili vs. the wolves is like he's just kind of laughing to himself all game...kind of like he thinks it's cute that they're trying to play basketball.
[email protected]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-04-12, 10:59 PM
lynn7mo's Avatar
Spurs #1 cheer leader
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mo
Posts: 751

Manu certainly showed up tonight. That man plays with fire & passion...that is all.
__________________

Stay thirsty my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-04-12, 11:00 PM
frenchfred's Avatar
FrenchConnection
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Toulouse, France
Posts: 6,526

Sorry but to me it is Tim who doesn't bring it. He plays against Perkins, he should be able to score at will.

This series shows that the Spurs cannot keep it up with fresh legs. Spurs need help inside, Blair, Bonner and Splitter are not athletic enough and Tim is too old.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-04-12, 11:57 PM
Flipmode Master's Avatar
The Chosen One(Moderator)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Batcave in Savannah
Posts: 5,945

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATHENEA View Post
U can't argue with menow about Tonty...srsly.
He is the MostVaginaPlayer in my book now.
Way to play MVP!

Ahh And next time u run ur mouth before a series, check ur nutz r there.

20 pts 6 assists ...10-12 from the FT throwline...cant do much more of that when the OKC defense is focused on doubling him in the paint.
__________________

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-05-12, 12:11 AM
fabio's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master View Post
cant do much more of that when the OKC defense is focused on doubling him in the paint.
maybe he could pass the ball.

Just a crazy idea that came up to me, don't pay me any attention, who ever heard of a PG passing the ball?
__________________

Last edited by fabio; 06-05-12 at 12:18 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-05-12, 12:35 AM
ATHENEA's Avatar
Moderator & Chatroom Greeter
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,280

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
maybe he could pass the ball.

Just a crazy idea that came up to me, don't pay me any attention, who ever heard of a PG passing the ball?
Hmh....
That would actually make some sense...
__________________
NO D, NO RING!!!!
With 26 points on 4 of 4 shots from distance in only 20 minutes of PT. Efficient eviceration.
Wolves' fan: ginobili vs. the wolves is like he's just kind of laughing to himself all game...kind of like he thinks it's cute that they're trying to play basketball.
[email protected]
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-05-12, 12:52 AM
grizzly_bexar's Avatar
Carne de res ipsa loquitur
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,551

TP finally got it tonight. He has to drive and take the beating. They are fouling him almost every possession though little bumps and nudges. They are just too athletic.

He can be effective but it really takes a toll. And it may not be enough.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-05-12, 12:56 AM
Flipmode Master's Avatar
The Chosen One(Moderator)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Batcave in Savannah
Posts: 5,945

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
maybe he could pass the ball.

Just a crazy idea that came up to me, don't pay me any attention, who ever heard of a PG passing the ball?
He did...no one was making OKC pay...soooo many bricked 3's....but im done blame whom ever u want.
__________________

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-05-12, 01:21 AM
Uwe Blab's Avatar
The Master Baiter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.A.
Posts: 4,592

Meh, if Manu had shown up last game like this they would have won. Again, they are game planning to shut down Tony, plus he's not getting calls, plus the others aren't knocking down the 3pt shot. But let's face it, OKC has taken the Spurs and us by surprise with their defense and passing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-05-12, 01:23 AM
fabio's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flipmode Master View Post
He did...no one was making OKC pay...soooo many bricked 3's....but im done blame whom ever u want.
if you take out Gary and Tony himself, Spurs shot 50% 3pt. So no idea what you mean. The problem is you take any TP criticism in a personal way as if he's your lover. But reality is he gave 4 (four) assists in 40+ minutes. That's 1 assist per quarter. If you take per minutes played and the 6 players who played more time, only Kawhi had less assists than him. Hell, he had more TO than assists!!!

let's see per game in this series:

Game 1: 6
Game 2: 8
Game 3: 4
Game 4: 4
Game 5: 4

(not to) curiously, the day he had 8 assists, was his best scoring game as well. Why? Because even the dumbest basketball fan knows that if you have one and only one play (running fast and crash against 5 players), it's easier to guard you. If you become unpredictable, then defenders don't know what are you going to do. It's so basic I feel stupid explaining it

And no matter how many turns and leaps you want to take, it's a know fact that Tony DOESN'T PASS THE BALL IF HE CAN AVOID IT. It's not like the first time you heard it, it was a recurrent critic everybody made to him throughout the years. Now, take a look at this season and see how the days he had more assists were the days he score more and the team won. Ooops. Surprise.

I can live with the TO and/or the missing shots. It's part of the game, specially for PGs. I can even live with his lack of D (to some extent, I admit he gets on my nerves with that lack of effort), But concentrating all the game on him to make the other team's defense easier? No way Jose. We can't lose a championship because your lover wants Finals MVP accolades before getting to the Finals. We gotta win the next 2 games. And if Tony (or Manu, or Tim or whoever) scores 2 points, yet we take the win, I couldn't care less who's the "star". I want to win. The personal blah-blah-blah comes later and they have no effect on me, it's not like they're going to hand a prize to me
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-05-12, 01:27 AM
grizzly_bexar's Avatar
Carne de res ipsa loquitur
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,551

You can't win a conference finals with 3's. You can lose it by shooting too many, and you can put a team away with a few timely ones.

But OKC is just too athletic. They can cover guys as they drive (with some bumps and nudges) then they are long and quick enough to recover on the perimeter.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-05-12, 01:29 AM
fabio's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Meh, if Manu had shown up last game like this they would have won. Again, they are game planning to shut down Tony, plus he's not getting calls, plus the others aren't knocking down the 3pt shot. But let's face it, OKC has taken the Spurs and us by surprise with their defense and passing.
you're so predictable....

OK, let's check facts about that game: Manu scored more points at a higher effective rate in 60% of the time Tony played. He had the same number of assists AND he played defense (you may not know what that is, but some people knows it at that thing that wins championships). Mind you, in 60% of time, exception made of TO, he was equal or superior to Tony IN EVERY SINGLE STAT LINE.

But don't let reality confuse you, keep living in la-la-land and dreaming some day Tony will hold you in his arms and kiss you
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-05-12, 01:37 AM
Uwe Blab's Avatar
The Master Baiter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.A.
Posts: 4,592

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
you're so predictable....

OK, let's check facts about that game: Manu scored more points at a higher effective rate in 60% of the time Tony played. He had the same number of assists AND he played defense (you may not know what that is, but some people knows it at that thing that wins championships). Mind you, in 60% of time, exception made of TO, he was equal or superior to Tony IN EVERY SINGLE STAT LINE.

But don't let reality confuse you, keep living in la-la-land and dreaming some day Tony will hold you in his arms and kiss you
Are you talking about game 4? You're just throwing out the TO's? Could it be because Manu had more than half of the team total? That's hilarious.

We're all a little pissed off right now. Both have played crappy for the most part in this series. It's time to trade one or both of them because this team is not athletic enough for OKC or Miami.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-05-12, 01:50 AM
spurscrazed's Avatar
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,367

Please calm down everyone. We are all Spurs fans first.. We all want this team to win.

Tony did not take those shots because he is a selfish player for the love of God. Can't anyone see how Pop gave Tony the green light to score and keep pushing it.

When no one else steps up and make a basket after a little challenge from the okc defenders, then our Spurs would rely on Tony to score. And then TP is being mogged and killed while others are just watching.

OKC collapsed on all of our players including Tony.

Manu getting away from them tonight was a beautiful miracle.....

And we still did not win.

Because even if Tony could miraculously do 1/2 of what amazing Manu did we are still short..

I don't think whoever is challenging TP is realizing the degree of difficulties that Manu did tonight. No one can do what Manu does. No one. It was a miracle. Not even Kobe could win this OKC alone. It takes a collective team effort which was brought by the Spurs in games one and two then it was lost as they found a way to shut TP down.

We are doomed if we can't find a way for our offense to recover...

OKC is playing their defense and their offense is feeding off that defense.

Spurs have won with their offense and they need to find a way to bring that offense back!!!

Maybe Manu can run the PG next game all game long?

Tony can be a SG!!!!

What do you all think?
__________________
WOW So fired up and Charged up for this Year 2015! Lets do this again! GSG!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 06-05-12, 08:14 AM
Flipmode Master's Avatar
The Chosen One(Moderator)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Batcave in Savannah
Posts: 5,945

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
if you take out Gary and Tony himself, Spurs shot 50% 3pt. So no idea what you mean. The problem is you take any TP criticism in a personal way as if he's your lover. But reality is he gave 4 (four) assists in 40+ minutes. That's 1 assist per quarter. If you take per minutes played and the 6 players who played more time, only Kawhi had less assists than him. Hell, he had more TO than assists!!!

let's see per game in this series:

Game 1: 6
Game 2: 8
Game 3: 4
Game 4: 4
Game 5: 4

(not to) curiously, the day he had 8 assists, was his best scoring game as well. Why? Because even the dumbest basketball fan knows that if you have one and only one play (running fast and crash against 5 players), it's easier to guard you. If you become unpredictable, then defenders don't know what are you going to do. It's so basic I feel stupid explaining it

And no matter how many turns and leaps you want to take, it's a know fact that Tony DOESN'T PASS THE BALL IF HE CAN AVOID IT. It's not like the first time you heard it, it was a recurrent critic everybody made to him throughout the years. Now, take a look at this season and see how the days he had more assists were the days he score more and the team won. Ooops. Surprise.

I can live with the TO and/or the missing shots. It's part of the game, specially for PGs. I can even live with his lack of D (to some extent, I admit he gets on my nerves with that lack of effort), But concentrating all the game on him to make the other team's defense easier? No way Jose. We can't lose a championship because your lover wants Finals MVP accolades before getting to the Finals. We gotta win the next 2 games. And if Tony (or Manu, or Tim or whoever) scores 2 points, yet we take the win, I couldn't care less who's the "star". I want to win. The personal blah-blah-blah comes later and they have no effect on me, it's not like they're going to hand a prize to me

First off its not personal...I always bring the stats...but lets face it Tony Parker is the reason we ALWAYS lose right? He gets more criticism than any other player on this team...waaaaay before this MVP-type season he has had.

No one blames Chris Paul for his medicore shoiwing against the Spurs because he was getting hounded and needed help.

Manu played amazing last night...but once you do the series break down THEY ARE NUMBERS ARE PRETTY MUCH IDENICAL...

Manu is averging 20 pts 4 apg 4 rebounds

Parker is averging 20 pts 5 agp 4 rebounds

Now I never said Parker is FULLY exempt from criticism or blame(but he is being hounded more than ANYONE else on the team)...but this attitide that Manu is perfect and Parker is just playing like dirt...IS EXAGGERATED.

Tp needs assitance from the perimeter to help open lanes...Manu had a great game but that was because of 3's...becuz OKC is clogging the paint.

So cut all that NOISE about "lover" this or that...Men lie...Women lie...THE NUMBERS DON'T....
__________________

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-05-12, 10:35 AM
grizzly_bexar's Avatar
Carne de res ipsa loquitur
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,551

Exactly. Can't blame TP/TD/Manu for not each averaging 40 a game.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-05-12, 10:46 AM
Uwe Blab's Avatar
The Master Baiter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.A.
Posts: 4,592

Well, TP has made some bad decisions in game play, but it's an effect of what OKC is doing. Same with Manu. I just don't like how when Manu has a bad game (which is about every other game), guys like fabio are real quiet. But then he has a great game (which he really only caught fire from outside) and suddenly he's the loudest guy talking about how Manu is the greatest and Tony sucks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-05-12, 01:52 PM
fabio's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Well, TP has made some bad decisions in game play, but it's an effect of what OKC is doing. Same with Manu. I just don't like how when Manu has a bad game (which is about every other game), guys like fabio are real quiet. But then he has a great game (which he really only caught fire from outside) and suddenly he's the loudest guy talking about how Manu is the greatest and Tony sucks.
as usual, you're wrong (surprise!). Not only I've praised Tony many times and I've said he's our MVP for this season, but just in case you're completely clueless (which you are) just take a look at my sig... pay close attention because I know it's hard for you to grasp even the simplest concept. Did you get it? If not try harder. Eventually, you may get it, if not, ask for help.

The difference between you and me is that I don't care who is the better player as long as the team wins. You, on the other side, are known because you're just a "Parkette" and hate Manu to guts. Heck, you even said in this very same thread that the reason we lost the last game is BECAUSE MANU HAD A BAD GAME THE PREVIOSU GAME (??????????) and it took me like 30 seconds to demonstrate that even if we acknowledge that non-sense, he was better than Tony.

Anyway, the whole point is that many of us wants the team to win, and seeing the "Parkettes" released at full throttle, specially when he's one of the culprits (maybe not the main one, but has a lot of responsibility) of at least 2 lost games is extremely annoying. Those of us who care about the team have mentioned other people besides Tony, but the "Parkettes" only see the "oooh, they are not praising my beloved Tony". So, let me see if you can get this strange concept: Tony is our MVP, hence when he is in retard selfish mode, he's the one to blame, he doesn't have the same grade of accountability than (say) Bonner, Tiago or even Kawhi. And it is a fact that most guys in our teams, no matter how bad they might be in offense, at least try in D. Something Tony doesn't even try to pretend. That lack of effort is EXTREMELY ANNOYING, so the Parkettes should know when to STFU and don't put salt in the injuries.

Bottom line: I want to win. And I don't care about your love pet
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-05-12, 02:23 PM
Uwe Blab's Avatar
The Master Baiter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.A.
Posts: 4,592

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
as usual, you're wrong (surprise!). Not only I've praised Tony many times and I've said he's our MVP for this season, but just in case you're completely clueless (which you are) just take a look at my sig... pay close attention because I know it's hard for you to grasp even the simplest concept. Did you get it? If not try harder. Eventually, you may get it, if not, ask for help.

The difference between you and me is that I don't care who is the better player as long as the team wins. You, on the other side, are known because you're just a "Parkette" and hate Manu to guts. Heck, you even said in this very same thread that the reason we lost the last game is BECAUSE MANU HAD A BAD GAME THE PREVIOSU GAME (??????????) and it took me like 30 seconds to demonstrate that even if we acknowledge that non-sense, he was better than Tony.

Anyway, the whole point is that many of us wants the team to win, and seeing the "Parkettes" released at full throttle, specially when he's one of the culprits (maybe not the main one, but has a lot of responsibility) of at least 2 lost games is extremely annoying. Those of us who care about the team have mentioned other people besides Tony, but the "Parkettes" only see the "oooh, they are not praising my beloved Tony". So, let me see if you can get this strange concept: Tony is our MVP, hence when he is in retard selfish mode, he's the one to blame, he doesn't have the same grade of accountability than (say) Bonner, Tiago or even Kawhi. And it is a fact that most guys in our teams, no matter how bad they might be in offense, at least try in D. Something Tony doesn't even try to pretend. That lack of effort is EXTREMELY ANNOYING, so the Parkettes should know when to STFU and don't put salt in the injuries.

Bottom line: I want to win. And I don't care about your love pet
Actually fabio, I accidentally called you out. I meant to call out Athenea, the original poster (we have already had a few laughs about it). But your defense of Manu in one of your previous posts is still laughable when he was a no show for most of the playoffs. But as far as me being a Parkette, read through my posts. I hold everyone accountable, and I don't leave out Manu, which upsets the Argentinians here.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-05-12, 02:32 PM
fabio's Avatar
SpursReport Team Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 891

really? So you mean that if I go through this very same thread I'll find you talking about other player not named Manu?

Ok, let's try....

...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
..

nope, you're wrong again (surprise!). You only talked about Manu and not exactly to praise him. Now take a look at how much I hate Tony (TONTY MVP: Most Vegetative Player) . SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes, you're right in one thing: we Argentinians (in fact I'm Italian!) get upset with lack of effort, we're known because of that. And so far, at least in this series, Tony has been the "non plus ultra" of lack of effort for Spurs. Not even you can deny that. So yes, I get annoyed and I understand argies get annoyed, it's something we all hate to guts. I can forgive 1 bad game (as I dd). I can forgive 2 (as I did). I can't forgive 3 in a row, much less when the only thing he needs is grow some balls and be a man. This is not for pussies, this is a man's game. End of story.
__________________
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-05-12, 02:55 PM
Uwe Blab's Avatar
The Master Baiter
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: S.A.
Posts: 4,592

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
really? So you mean that if I go through this very same thread I'll find you talking about other player not named Manu?

Ok, let's try....

...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
..

nope, you're wrong again (surprise!). You only talked about Manu and not exactly to praise him. Now take a look at how much I hate Tony (TONTY MVP: Most Vegetative Player) . SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes, you're right in one thing: we Argentinians (in fact I'm Italian!) get upset with lack of effort, we're known because of that. And so far, at least in this series, Tony has been the "non plus ultra" of lack of effort for Spurs. Not even you can deny that. So yes, I get annoyed and I understand argies get annoyed, it's something we all hate to guts. I can forgive 1 bad game (as I dd). I can forgive 2 (as I did). I can't forgive 3 in a row, much less when the only thing he needs is grow some balls and be a man. This is not for pussies, this is a man's game. End of story.
Look, this was a Tony bashing thread, I simply posted that Manu was also sucking in game 4. You tried to defend Manu by removing stats like turnovers to make it seem like Manu played better in game 4. I've also bashed Danny Green, Neal, Splitter, Duncan, etc. in other threads. And I was bashing Jackson before this series started. I bash everyone evenly. Except for Bonner...

Now, Tony is stinking it up since game 3, but it's not because of lack of effort. He has the responsibility of attempting to get his teammates involved AND scoring if he needs to. So does Manu when he's in there. Neither one is getting it done consistently because of OKC and an enormous amount of no-calls.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-05-12, 02:59 PM
Flipmode Master's Avatar
The Chosen One(Moderator)
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Batcave in Savannah
Posts: 5,945

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
really? So you mean that if I go through this very same thread I'll find you talking about other player not named Manu?

Ok, let's try....

...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
..

nope, you're wrong again (surprise!). You only talked about Manu and not exactly to praise him. Now take a look at how much I hate Tony (TONTY MVP: Most Vegetative Player) . SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes, you're right in one thing: we Argentinians (in fact I'm Italian!) get upset with lack of effort, we're known because of that. And so far, at least in this series, Tony has been the "non plus ultra" of lack of effort for Spurs. Not even you can deny that. So yes, I get annoyed and I understand argies get annoyed, it's something we all hate to guts. I can forgive 1 bad game (as I dd). I can forgive 2 (as I did). I can't forgive 3 in a row, much less when the only thing he needs is grow some balls and be a man. This is not for pussies, this is a man's game. End of story.

See that is what bothers me about you...how can you question Parkers "effort" and not Manu's whent they have the same exact numbers and when Parker went to the free throw line like 12 times last night ...hitting the deck several times to win. You sir...need to TAKE THE BLINDERS OFF.

I'm not saying your opinion is wrong because its your opinion but I'm saying its highly unbalanced. Can't say Manu giving us gold...then say Tp giving us dirt when they identical numbers and Tp is averaging LESS turnovers than Manu.
__________________

I'm Batman's cousin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-05-12, 04:42 PM
grizzly_bexar's Avatar
Carne de res ipsa loquitur
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 9,551

Everybody sucks!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-05-12, 06:07 PM
WILLTHETHRILL's Avatar
Herman Cain of the board
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Live Oak,Texas
Posts: 3,904

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
really? So you mean that if I go through this very same thread I'll find you talking about other player not named Manu?

Ok, let's try....

...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
..

nope, you're wrong again (surprise!). You only talked about Manu and not exactly to praise him. Now take a look at how much I hate Tony (TONTY MVP: Most Vegetative Player) . SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes, you're right in one thing: we Argentinians (in fact I'm Italian!) get upset with lack of effort, we're known because of that. And so far, at least in this series, Tony has been the "non plus ultra" of lack of effort for Spurs. Not even you can deny that. So yes, I get annoyed and I understand argies get annoyed, it's something we all hate to guts. I can forgive 1 bad game (as I dd). I can forgive 2 (as I did). I can't forgive 3 in a row, much less when the only thing he needs is grow some balls and be a man. This is not for pussies, this is a man's game. End of story.
Fabio, You can't reason with a Bonner lover.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.7.4 Copyright © 2000-2008 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0