News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-12, 11:31 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Lick our wounds and get ready for game 4!

Props to the Thunder. Let's get ready for game 4 folks! Simple as that....GO SPURS GO!
Old 05-31-12, 11:33 PM
SpursReport Rookie

i'm gonna get crap for this but......play blair more rather than bonner..bonner hasn't been able to hit anything.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-31-12, 11:34 PM
The Master Baiter

This was a perfect storm of crap for the Spurs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-31-12, 11:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Blair will lick some wounds. If Pop wants Nasty, put Blair in the game! Blairs a beast! Bonner...not so much. He ran around with trex arms and didn't do much. If Diaw is Bonner and Blair together, then play him more and leave Bonner on bench.
FREE BLAIR!
Old 05-31-12, 11:39 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznspursfan126 View Post
i'm gonna get crap for this but......play blair more rather than bonner..bonner hasn't been able to hit anything.
No you won't we were all saying this in the chat tonight, seriously.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-31-12, 11:42 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Bonner shouldn't get anymore playing time for the rest of the season. Blair should have those minutes. Also, Spurs stop turning the freakin ball over. 21 turnovers tonight!!! Stop playing as if your the underdog in the series!! Also, might have to switch up the starting lineup for game 4. Maybe start Blair and Jackson this time around.
Old 05-31-12, 11:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Blair and Duncan beat Perkins and I(goal tend)baka.
Old 06-01-12, 12:17 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Agreed. Please no more Bonner.
Old 06-01-12, 12:23 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

We gotta look at the game the way the players do........make adjustments, move on, and prepare for game 4...I'm already over the loss....nuff'said
Old 06-01-12, 12:39 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Remember when Pop commented that he wanted to lose Game 4 against the Clips, but we had to go and pull within 10 at halftime so he couldn't take the starters out?

I'm pretty sure this game was postmarked at halftime. Drop the pressure of the streak, check out what they're going to try in Game 4 and adjust accordingly, let our guys rest a bit on a night when their energy outgunned us anyway (note the minutes for the Big 3), and go get games 4 and 5.
Old 06-01-12, 01:04 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyner View Post
Remember when Pop commented that he wanted to lose Game 4 against the Clips, but we had to go and pull within 10 at halftime so he couldn't take the starters out?

I'm pretty sure this game was postmarked at halftime. Drop the pressure of the streak, check out what they're going to try in Game 4 and adjust accordingly, let our guys rest a bit on a night when their energy outgunned us anyway (note the minutes for the Big 3), and go get games 4 and 5.
I hadnt heard that but is interesting as I was saying to mates that I am down for a rest in the regular season but not in conference finals, I would think he would at least want to use the time to try different things with the starting 5 to adjust for next game rather than tapping out and sending in even Anderson. When Westbrook threw down the alley and it was heading for 30 points I tapped out and thought if we are not even going to defend as a 2nd unit then we have nothing.
Old 06-01-12, 01:24 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

They put that dude out there I can't say his name now lol ON PARKER! I can't spell it! Throw a monkey wrench at them and throw Blair in a game 4 or 5 and adjust! I can seriously see that working as well, call me nuts but him over Bonner can't be much worse being BONNER CAN NOT SCORE inside at all nor can he rebound!

That is one little adjustment the SPURS SHOULD make but it could be huge in the end.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 06-01-12, 08:36 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Blair will certainly play the way we came out looking timid and passive. We need his strength and hustle now to battle OkC down low. Bonner is useless unless making shots and he's not making them, making the case for him to either not play or not play much at all. Pop will make the necessary adjustments and freeing tony from Thabo will open up out offense and allow us to resemble the dominant offense were all accustomed to seeing. I am confident that our guys took this loss as motivation and as a wake up call. Anyone in their right mind would ease up a little after victories coming left and right regardless of well we played that game. We need to match OKCs intensity right off the bat. Next game OKC needs to win again, but will be interestig if they can duplicate their effort and reveal a wild card to stun like they did yeaterday in game 3. Optimistically, i think they just played their best hand! In pop we trust ladies and gents, in POp we trust.

- Confucius
Old 06-01-12, 12:43 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

yeah Pop and Spurs will make the adjustments and game 4 will be a great one.
Old 06-01-12, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamDunc21 View Post
Agreed. Please no more Bonner.
Pop might agree with you. the thing about that is, i don't think Pop is dumb enough to make Blair our 3rd/4th big off the bench with Splitter because then the bigs will stay in the paint and contest every drive.

if Pop decides no Bonner, then expect Blair to start next to Duncan and Diaw off the bench with Splitter. there's really no other way out of that if the Red Rocket gets 3rd string status unless the coach would trust a Blair/Diaw tandem off the bench.
Old 06-01-12, 03:50 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

speaking of licking wounds