News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-27-12, 10:34 PM
Moderator in Flip Flops

When Push comes to shove...

The Spurs put THIRTY NINE POINTS on the thunder in the fourth quarter!!!!

Manu was fantastic. Timmy and Tony showed up in the fourth quarter. SJax was Nasty on durant in the second half, regardless of how many fts durant took. The thunder offense down the stretch was all iso, and durant was holding the ball too long with his team on the wrong end of the score... The Spurs did their work early in the quarter and was in the bonus almost halfway through the last quarter.
Props also to Tiago for doing work down low as well. Except for his FTs, he made an impact...

Everyone relax, Get their nasty back on Tuesday. This is going to be a fun series..
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-27-12, 11:09 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Thunder is stuck in the kind of offensive monotony the Spurs used to have when Pop would call "4 down" 50 times a game.

They are as explosive as a beer can in a microwave, but they need to figure out some reliable offensive sets if they want to get to the next level.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-27-12, 11:16 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Call me a homer but I think this game did a lot to deflate OKCs confidence. Hopefully it did and they lata dud come next game and the rest of the series

- Confucius
Old 05-27-12, 11:25 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Thunder are on a mission, and they won't go quietly. They've been this far before and won't be satisfied by not progressing from last year to this.

That said, the long shooting drought of the 4th quarter clearly got to OKC. You could see that they were familiar with this bad pattern and haven't yet figured out an answer.

They won the first three quarters by simply paying harder than the Spurs. They will continue to play hard. If SA takes anything for granted (can't imagine that Pop would let them), Durant and Company will be right there to capitalize.

Gonna be a great series!
Old 05-27-12, 11:33 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

It's that Poise that separates number 1 from OKC
Old 05-27-12, 11:41 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckennaspur1 View Post
Thunder are on a mission, and they won't go quietly. They've been this far before and won't be satisfied by not progressing from last year to this.

That said, the long shooting drought of the 4th quarter clearly got to OKC. You could see that they were familiar with this bad pattern and haven't yet figured out an answer.

They won the first three quarters by simply paying harder than the Spurs. They will continue to play hard. If SA takes anything for granted (can't imagine that Pop would let them), Durant and Company will be right there to capitalize.

Gonna be a great series!
They might be on a mission but let's be honest, if OkC were to steal a game oraximixe their chances at winning this series, game 1 was the right time to do it. For 2 quarters, 2 and 3rd period (we had a 6 point lead after the 1st) we were outplayed and were really sloppy with the ball. Fortunately we will be much sharper and even more confident after winning a game where we could have easily lost heading into game 2

- Confucius
Old 05-28-12, 03:15 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

I was watching to see if Durant and Westbrook would show up for the post game interviews in their nerdy clown outfits.. Guess what? They did.

That spoke volumes to me.
Old 05-28-12, 09:47 AM
Moderator in Flip Flops

Alright. So check this out:
Parker starts 2-8.
Danny Green goes scoreless.
14 turnovers in the first half.
9 blocked shots.
9 pt lead for okc going into the fourth.
Bonner can't hit.
It was looking ugly..
Enter Manu Ginobili...
Enter Stephen "Mr. Jackson if you're Nasty"
Pop makes scotty brooks choose to leave iblocka on the bench and the lane is suddenly WIDE OPEN....
The next BIG Commercial should be the play that starts with Le Blur at the top of the key passing to Timmy on the right side of the top of the circle with Manu getting a dribble handoff from Timmy which leads to a pick and roll layup for Duncan. That was Byootiful!!
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Old 05-28-12, 10:32 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Spurs need to play nasty from the start of game 2. Thunder will watch film etc and come back stronger. Game 2 will be a great one too!
Old 05-28-12, 10:37 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Tango from San Diego View Post
Alright. So check this out:
Parker starts 2-8.
Danny Green goes scoreless.
14 turnovers in the first half.
9 blocked shots.
9 pt lead for okc going into the fourth.
Bonner can't hit.
It was looking ugly..
Enter Manu Ginobili...
Enter Stephen "Mr. Jackson if you're Nasty"
Pop makes scotty brooks choose to leave iblocka on the bench and the lane is suddenly WIDE OPEN....
The next BIG Commercial should be the play that starts with Le Blur at the top of the key passing to Timmy on the right side of the top of the circle with Manu getting a dribble handoff from Timmy which leads to a pick and roll layup for Duncan. That was Byootiful!!
Agree with all your points except "Bonner Can't Hit". Everything else was unexpected.
Old 05-28-12, 10:40 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

The really good news is that the Spurs took a game after having too much rest. The Spurs almost always play worse after having multiple days off. Despite rumors to the contrary, look how well the Spurs played this year on back to backs and back to back to backs.

Look for this team to be tougher, more efficient and more cohesive as the series progresses.
Old 05-28-12, 01:15 PM
SpursReport Team Member

the good news is...we played horrible...and we still won...
Our other guys played terrible but they'll be back...
If Manu is back... and it looks like he is, and SJax plays well, OKC has no chance.

Old 05-28-12, 01:32 PM
Spurs #1 cheer leader

For most of the game OKC played great & we played terrible, yet the score never got out of hand. If I were an OKC player or fan, that fact would keep me up at night.

Stay thirsty my friends.
Old 05-28-12, 01:42 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

He's bringin' nasty back . . .
Old 05-28-12, 01:44 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

I'm really not sure why some 'experts' kept picking the Thunder to beat the Spurs. During the season the Spurs took 2 of 3 from them, and in the early rounds the thunder beat a disorganized and gutted mavericks team and a laker team that is falling apart at the seams.

Game 1 was the Thunder's best chance to get one of these first two games, now they're going to come out even more aggressive on Tuesday, but I really haven't seen anything from them that makes me think that overall they're a better team than the Spurs. If this series goes 6 I'll be surprised.
Old 05-28-12, 01:58 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Tony won't have such a retard game as yesterday's first 3 quarters, Fisher won't have the game of his life again and while Danny and Kawhi may have their ups and downs due to inexperience (btw, Kawhi was great the first quarter and part of the second, he just go bananas when he saw the team down), I really don't expect them to repeat yesterday's performance.

Think about this: Danny couldn't be worse, so the only way for him is up. Kawhi I'm sure has realized Spurs' strategy is to erode the other team and he just need to keep his cool and continue playing as usual. I also think there was some sense of over confidence in some Spurs players, taking the game for granted. Now, I expect Spurs to roll over OKC in the second game just to set the things straight.