News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-24-12, 01:46 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Jeremy Lin and Dwight Howard to Mavs

"This past Monday, a report surfaced out of New York that the Dallas Mavericks are on a short list to acquire Knicks restricted free agent point guard Jeremy Lin. And now today, a new wrinkle has been added to the equation. Center Dwight Howard wants the Orlando Magic to trade him, according to SheridanHoops.com. The Mavs, Brooklyn Nets, Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers and LA Clippers are the teams reportedly on Howard's wish list."

Full-Court Press: Lin, Howard to the Mavs?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-24-12, 06:27 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

Can't see Dolan letting the cash machine that is Lin leave NY. And he wouldn't even be in the top 10 of point guards in the West, so that's no big deal.

And as far as Howard, here we go again, more months of listening to what the poor baby wants.....I hope Orlando doesn't let this kid keep jerking them around like they did all last season. And let's see how well his back responds, we all remember how limited DR became after his back started acting up on him.
Old 05-24-12, 07:12 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Man, I'd love to see Dwight traded to Charlotte.
Old 05-24-12, 08:19 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Cuban tryig to buy another Championship!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-24-12, 09:25 AM
The Master Baiter

Let them. Lin is overrated (and will be overpaid) and Dwight Howard is a headcase who has stopped working on his game. The Mavs will have to get rid of a lot of people to get those two.
Old 05-24-12, 10:05 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

+1
Old 05-24-12, 10:42 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelWi101 View Post
Can't see Dolan letting the cash machine that is Lin leave NY.
He won't have a choice. They will have to use the MLE to keep him. They can't match Dallas if Dallas goes over that.
Old 05-24-12, 12:35 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

The new CBA will not allow Lin to make more than the MLE as a matter of fact I think there is a limit lower than the MLE for Lin's situation and only NY can pay a little higher but not more than the MLE.
Old 05-24-12, 01:04 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Who will Dallas trade straight up for Howard? He is not a FA is he? He had a players option I know, but he will net something in returnand Dallas has?
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-24-12, 01:38 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk2051 View Post
The new CBA will not allow Lin to make more than the MLE as a matter of fact I think there is a limit lower than the MLE for Lin's situation and only NY can pay a little higher but not more than the MLE.
I looked it up and you're right about the first part (Lin can't be offered more than MLE) but not about the second (limit lower than the MLE).

To clarify, there IS a limit lower than the MLE that the Knicks can use to re-sign him without using the MLE (120% of league minimum), but that is the Knicks' option, not a hard limit. The Knicks could avoid using the MLE to re-sign him up to 120% of the league minimum salary using a CBA provision for these circumstances. But that won't be enough to get him back.

The Knicks can use their MLE to re-sign him and can match any offer up to the MLE to re-sign him. But the offer can't go over the MLE from any team because of the Gilbert Arenas rule (from when Arenas, after finishing 2nd year in league, was signed to $60mil contract by the Wizards because the GSW could only match up to the MLE and that wasn't enough to match).

NBA -- How New York Knicks can keep Jeremy Lin - ESPN

Jeremy Lin Will Be Free Agent In July, With Knicks Hoping To Retain - SBNation.com
Old 05-24-12, 03:45 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

"And now today, a new wrinkle has been added to the equation. Center Dwight Howard wants the Orlando Magic to trade him, according to SheridanHoops.com."

I think the writer of this article needs to look up the definition of the word 'new'. Either that, or 'been around for two years' is a part of that definition that I never noticed before.
Old 05-24-12, 04:57 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

howard to LALake's, i can definitely see that happening. specially w/ all the controversy of the CP3 trade, they'd have to let this one go... and now that they see lakers suck, it would be good for nba
Old 05-24-12, 11:03 PM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
howard to LALake's, i can definitely see that happening. specially w/ all the controversy of the CP3 trade, they'd have to let this one go... and now that they see lakers suck, it would be good for nba
Oh yeah they CAN NOT LET LA be irrelevant or fade! They need them near the top all over again! They tried in 04 after we beat them with Malone and Payton to get headlines, they did it again with Gasol after we won in 07! They need to be relevant, if not the NBA loses.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-24-12, 11:54 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzarector7 View Post
Oh yeah they CAN NOT LET LA be irrelevant or fade! They need them near the top all over again! They tried in 04 after we beat them with Malone and Payton to get headlines, they did it again with Gasol after we won in 07! They need to be relevant, if not the NBA loses.
dont get mad at me! im jst sayin. it be the truth... like paul pierce, the truth! haha