News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-21-12, 02:14 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Q: was the clippers the best...

opponent to warm up against OKC?

-they have above average point guard...
-athletic frontline ... like the clippers...

the "only" difference is that dude, kevin durant...

so, clippers was the best warm up to the finals...

toughts?
Old 05-21-12, 02:50 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Yes and no. Paul and Westbrink are two of the best PG's in the game. However, their games are no where near the same. Paul IMO is the best pure PG in the NBA and makes everyone around him better. Westbrick is a "shoot first" PG. Think about this, would Griffin and Jordan be anywhere near as good as they are with Westbrink running their team? The simple answer is no. The front court is similar but I actually think the clips front court is better. Ibaka is a great shot blocker like Jordan and Perkins is a big body but is not anywhere near as athletic as Griffin; so in that perspective I think the clips were better. I actually like the clips depth on thier bench (M. Williams, Bleadsoe, Evans, Martin) more than the Thunder bench (they have Harden and that's it IMO). So again, I have the clips better in that perspective. With all of the being said they still have Durant/Westbrook/Harden. They're a deadly 1-2-3 punch. I think the Spurs can slow down Durant/Westbrook with D.Green/Kawhi but let's be honset. We can slow them down, we're not gonna shut them down. Bench will be a HUGE factor.

Here's the big x-factor for us......Coach Pop! Don't get me wrong, I like Brooks as a coach but I honestly don't think he's that good of a Coach. I think Pop is gonna run circles around him with in-game adjustments. Just my 2 cents!
Old 05-21-12, 03:03 PM
SpursReport Team Member

and OKC will help us prepare for Miami if both spurs and the heat make the finals.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-21-12, 03:21 PM

no idea, depending how the Spurs play OKC. does Danny Green play Westbrook (then we'd have to put Parker on Sefolosha)?

the biggest difference will be that we'll be camping out more in the lane than usual. there's really no "Lob City" in OKC with their bigs. Ibaka is talented, but the athleticism drops off by a bunch with Perkins. if Duncan guards Perkins, then really Duncan can stay around the paint area and not worry about a lob to him. offensively, our frontline should really be taking advantage of theirs. remember, the last time we played them: Dejuan Blair started. now we have Diaw and that's gonna be a defensive nightmare for their "defensive anchor" Kendrick Perkins.
Old 05-21-12, 04:11 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Definitely have to fear scoring from the PG more in this series to come, plus outside shooting.

OKC is an outside/in team.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-21-12, 05:36 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Clippers better warmup for Thunder

Than Lakers ? Yes
Also I believe Clippers and Spurs won season series vs Thunder.
Spurs have done well vs Thunder overall.
Old 05-21-12, 05:39 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Also i know Durant is very good and hit the game winning shot vs Lakers but i would still take my chances with him rather than Kobe. Anytime!
Old 05-21-12, 06:11 PM
The Master Baiter

I think they are a good warmup for the the Thunder, but the Thunder still has better shooters. So the Spurs can't have a defensive game like game 4 or they are going to lose.
Old 05-21-12, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
I think they are a good warmup for the the Thunder, but the Thunder still has better shooters. So the Spurs can't have a defensive game like game 4 or they are going to lose.
the good thing is the Thunder offense isn't flowing or dependent on one person passing like CP3 was for the Clippers.

about 90% (just a guesstimate) of the Thunder plays are iso or pick and rolls/pops (with the big man not an option anyway). if Kawhi/Green can stay with their guys (my thinking that Green will be on Westbrook), we should be ok if they can get through picks.

they also don't have the option to go small, so they'll be depending on Ibaka/Perkins/Nazr/Collison to try to guard Duncan/Diaw/Splitter.
Old 05-21-12, 06:22 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
But if they have a defensive game like games 1 or 2, or the 10 minutes of the third quarter of game 3, they'll be fine.

Watching Bledsoe run through the team last night, I wondered (and by wondered, I screamed obscenities) why Leonard (KY) wasn't guarding him. I suspect that Pop was using a throw away game to try different lineups to see what guys will do under real pressure.
I still think I'm right, but after winning, it's a tough call.
Old 05-21-12, 06:50 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
But if they have a defensive game like games 1 or 2, or the 10 minutes of the third quarter of game 3, they'll be fine.

Watching Bledsoe run through the team last night, I wondered (and by wondered, I screamed obscenities) why Leonard (KY) wasn't guarding him. I suspect that Pop was using a throw away game to try different lineups to see what guys will do under real pressure.
I still think I'm right, but after winning, it's a tough call.
If I remember correctly, he tried Manu and Sjax mostly on Bledsoe. That was a big fail. Bledsoe was too quick for either one.
Old 05-21-12, 08:35 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

The Thunder play with just as much intensity and hustle as the Clippers, but they are far more skilled. They will find the open man more often, and won't miss shots that the Clippers missed. They won't go to futile low-percentage shots as often. They are also much better at finishing fast breaks. Plus, they won't miss free throws.

Spurs are in for a tough challenge against OKC. There's no way the Spurs will win in 4 or 5 games. If they win, it will take at least 6. Hopefully this year OKC don't reach that next elite level against us, but its inevitable if they keep this team together.

$
Old 05-21-12, 10:55 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post
The Thunder play with just as much intensity and hustle as the Clippers, but they are far more skilled. They will find the open man more often, and won't miss shots that the Clippers missed. They won't go to futile low-percentage shots as often. They are also much better at finishing fast breaks. Plus, they won't miss free throws.

Spurs are in for a tough challenge against OKC. There's no way the Spurs will win in 4 or 5 games. If they win, it will take at least 6. Hopefully this year OKC don't reach that next elite level against us, but its inevitable if they keep this team together.

$
We shall see my friend ....don't say "There's no way the Spurs will win in 4 or 5", the Thunder are gonna be tough, no doubt but ya never know what will happen. So much harder said than done, but we really need to just take it one game at a time. Someone else said it on another thread and I agree, this Thunder team reminds me of the Portand team in 99'. That team was beastly, I mean really, really good. But the Spurs were just playing at another level during that time and I see that happening again (crossing fingers). It shall be interesting.....I'm pretty pumped!