News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-17-12, 06:21 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Spurs fan threatened with suspension

A school kid in San Antonio earned the wrath of his teachers after having an image of Spurs forward Matt Bonner shaved into the back of his head. Patrick Gonzalez was ordered to shave off the design, which pictures his fellow redhead poised beyond the arc, or face suspension from Woodlake Hills Middle School, FOX station KABB reported. Patrick and his mother said they believed the school had endorsed the cut when she raised it with the front office. "I'm mad," Rose Gonzalez said. "I thought we had permission." Patrick said he got the cut of Bonner because he is among his favorite players. "It shows him aiming for a 3-pointer," he said. But the dedicated Spurs fan got called for a technical within minutes of arriving at school. "My 1st period teacher called the principal. She told her it was a distraction," he said. Judson ISD officials denied giving clearance for the haircut. "There was no permission that was given. If the parent thought that, then it was a miscommunication," Aubrey Chancellor said, adding that the student's team affiliation was irrelevant. "Whether it's the Spurs or whether it's the Cowboys, anything people obviously support, it doesn't matter." Gonzalez said that her son reluctantly will comply with the school's demands and shave off Bonner. "I didn't want any kind of problems with any of the principals," she said. "I know there are rules and regulations anywhere else you go." But she added that the next time her son wants a wacky design or to pay tribute to Bonner in another way, he should "get a written letter or something from the school, no matter what."

Spurs fan threatened with suspension - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-17-12, 07:47 AM
SpursReport Team Member

You would think that the school could find a way to make this a win for the student, the school and the Spurs. But no, school administration can always find a way to hurt a student. This is a perfect example of what is happening is our school system today.
Old 05-17-12, 09:21 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

The problem is if u let a kid do that with Matt Bonner, you set a precedent allowing other kids to do the same things, but with more unsavory subject matter.

$
Old 05-17-12, 09:33 AM
2012 Eastern Conference Champion

Teacher must have been an LA fan
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-17-12, 09:57 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Kind of sad since it's a public school. I could understand if it was a religous or military private school. Glad I didn't have to go through that crap in a PUBLIC school!
Old 05-17-12, 10:17 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

this is so stupid of the ISD - grow up you jerks and a lite on it...
Old 05-17-12, 11:11 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Is this really the biggest problem that needs to be addressed in our school systems? I think they just hate Matt Bonner or maybe it's all red heads! Their kids, their attention span is a solid 5 mins at best! This is what happens when you have more administartors than teachers!
Old 05-17-12, 12:27 PM
The Master Baiter

This isn't really a suspension. Matt Bonner is so awesome they are giving the kid a break from school and disguising it as a "suspension".
Old 05-17-12, 01:39 PM

Matt Bonner should do something for the kid if he takes the suspension.

i mean seriously, who else would do this for Bonner except myself & Uwe?
Old 05-17-12, 02:34 PM
2012 Eastern Conference Champion

That's discrimination against Gingers!!
Old 05-17-12, 03:07 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Why are they doing this to Bonner's son?lol
Old 05-18-12, 12:44 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
Matt Bonner should do something for the kid if he takes the suspension.

i mean seriously, who else would do this for Bonner except myself & Uwe?
at the very end of Yahoo recap of game 2:

"Talk about a pro cut: A 12-year-old Spurs fan suspended from his San Antonio middle school for shaving the face of forward Matt Bonner in his hair scored free tickets to the game and a meeting with his favorite player before tipoff. Bonner, whose mother is a teacher, said he was puzzled by the school's decision and gave Patrick Gonzalez an autographed pair of shoes and an autographed jersey. ''Keep supporting us redheads in the NBA,'' the Red Rocket told his biggest fan."
Old 05-18-12, 03:11 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I think that was among the most awesome haircuts I've ever seen.