News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-12, 02:32 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Will Boris Diaw make Matt Bonner expendable?

Is Boris a combination of Blair and Bonner? He passes better than both, can anitiate the offense, hit the 3, defend better than both and rebounds well to. We all know his IQ is higher than both. So once he gets into shape, do you consolidate 2 players for 1? And will that make him a good signing for a multi-year deal as long as it's reasonable? Thoughts?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-12, 02:38 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I'd say it makes that more of an option. But I don't think it makes him fully expendable. But if push came to shove, it could be done IMO.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-12, 02:43 PM
The Master Baiter

Not expendable, but it sure does take away minutes from Bonner. Diaw has been hitting the three, but that's a bonus. It's not his specialty and he usually averages in the low 30's. Bonner is still a specialty type role player who's expertise is still needed at times. Plus, in my opinion, Diaw is gone after this season. He's going to demand some big bucks, particularly if the Spurs win it all.
Old 05-16-12, 02:57 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Bonner gets paid something like $3 mil. Diaw will draw way more than that. I like the guy, but why is he so damned reluctant to shoot?
Old 05-16-12, 03:06 PM

he doesn't make Bonner expendable. keeping Duncan/Diaw/Bonner/Splitter will be of importance.

this is just my opinion of course, but what Diaw does is make Danny Green/SG position (if he leaves) expendable. with how Diaw plays (and Leonard also since he can create a bit off the dribble), we can sign someone for less if Green bolts because of the attention Diaw commands. with Diaw in the game, Green usually becomes a spot up shooter, which is something easy to find in the SG position and for cheaper.

if Diaw bolts, then it will put more pressure on us to sign a really good SG who can create his own shot, defend, etc. because Duncan/Blair (or Splitter, whatever Pop goes with the starting unit next year) will not be sufficient in giving us points or a mismatch with gives us easier points to score. remember before Diaw came, Blair started and there was more pressure on Green to be Manu-like.
Old 05-16-12, 03:17 PM
Herman Cain of the board

You can't keep everybody championship or not. I do think moving Blair makes a lot more sense now. I know RJ and Bonner were number 1 and 2 on my dump list but Blair is the new #2. Bonner will always be #1 with me! lol
Old 05-16-12, 03:28 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
You can't keep everybody championship or not. I do think moving Blair makes a lot more sense now. I know RJ and Bonner were number 1 and 2 on my dump list but Blair is the new #2. Bonner will always be #1 with me! lol
Sounds good to me will

- Confucius
Old 05-16-12, 03:46 PM
SpursReport 2010 Pick The Winner Champion

I really think this opens the door for a George Hill trade kind of scenario for Blair, that has proven to be valuable rotation player
Old 05-16-12, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille View Post
I really think this opens the door for a George Hill trade kind of scenario for Blair, that has proven to be valuable rotation player
Hill was our sixth man. if Blair doesn't play a lot of minutes in the playoffs (or becomes our 5th big in the rotation), we're not getting a first or high second rounder for him with how deep the draft is.
Old 05-16-12, 06:29 PM
SpursReport 2010 Pick The Winner Champion

Blair was our starting C and had good numbers. We won´t get a lottery pick talent as Kawhi, but I can see a high 2nd rounder or a low 1st rounder
Old 05-16-12, 06:59 PM
Moderator in Flip Flops

Can this question really be answered without knowing what the salaries each of the players you bring up are?
Where is a resident capologist when you need one?
If someone gives me that info, I can better agree/disagree with any opinion already offered.
I'm not sure that I support that Diaw makes Danny Green expendable theory because I am happy how the roster is wing heavy to throw in waves at the durants, lebrons, kobes, et al.
Nor am I on board that you can dump Bonner and Blair for Boris.
How can you answer what '13 looks like without knowing what the Spurs are on the hook for versus what a free agent, UFA or RFA?
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Old 05-16-12, 07:00 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
Hill was our sixth man. if Blair doesn't play a lot of minutes in the playoffs (or becomes our 5th big in the rotation), we're not getting a first or high second rounder for him with how deep the draft is.
I think the Spurs could fetch a high 1st rounder. A high second rounder is what he was to begin with and he is better then the #2 overall pick that same year. Let's not put his stock that low. He got selected for the Team USA tryouts. I do agree that this is a deep draft.
Old 05-16-12, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I think the Spurs could fetch a high 1st rounder. A high second rounder is what he was to begin with and he is better then the #2 overall pick that same year. Let's not put his stock that low. He got selected for the Team USA tryouts. I do agree that this is a deep draft.
what team would want him for that high of a pick (low 1st/high 2nd even)?

if we do win a championship (cross your fingers) and he's not starting nor our 3rd or 4th big, wouldn't a team ask why we're giving up our playoff players who didn't contribute as much? they'd surely want a Splitter over a Blair.

Blair plays with heart, but if heart doesn't help us win a title and we count on an athletic versatile player (Diaw), a big (Splitter) and a 3 point shooter (Bonner), why would a team give up their pick for someone a contender didn't even play when it counted?
Old 05-16-12, 07:40 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
what team would want him for that high of a pick (low 1st/high 2nd even)?

if we do win a championship (cross your fingers) and he's not starting nor our 3rd or 4th big, wouldn't a team ask why we're giving up our playoff players who didn't contribute as much? they'd surely want a Splitter over a Blair.

Blair plays with heart, but if heart doesn't help us win a title and we count on an athletic versatile player (Diaw), a big (Splitter) and a 3 point shooter (Bonner), why would a team give up their pick for someone a contender didn't even play when it counted?

One team off the top of my head could be the Atlanta Hawks. Pick#23. Blair made less then one million compared to rookie Cory Joseph who was over one million. Blair is in his 3rd year salary wise. He started most of last year and this year. So he would not be a 4th big man over there. They have almost no players on their roster because of all the high dollar players they have. Other teams are strapped for cash and are in the same boat as Atlanta with star contracts gobbling up their cap space. If he was on Utah he would be the 5th big man so let's not go those routes. Let's be real on his takers. Look at James Anderson he made close to 1.5 million on a 2nd year deal at pick #20. It's a deep draft but picks are still risky. (Thabeet at #2 overall in DeJuan's draft) Just saying let's not sell Blair short.(no pun intended) The guy has some value. Also Atlanta sold a 2nd rounder to GSW at the trade deadline. So some teams need to cut corners. Glad the Spurs don't do that crap. I understand your point. So I'm guessing you are down for that idea and rating his value at around that pick if it was offered? Or what were you thinking as to his trade value?

Last edited by WILLTHETHRILL; 05-16-12 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-16-12, 08:37 PM
SpursReport Regulator

You know when bonner plays one on one defense..i get a little scared, but his help defense is really nice to see and does stop that play most of the time...I don't think the Spurs are going to make any changes.
Old 05-17-12, 02:38 AM
SpursReport Assistant Coach

Quote:
He's cheap. He has stayed healthy and he's more of a sure thing than a draft pick late in the first or early in the second round. His contact is also not that long. He puts up good numbers in games that don't matter. Not all teams value defense like the Spurs.

To be honest, Blair is the type of guy who fits the "puts up good numbers on a bad team" type of guy.

"When nothing seems to help, I go look at a stonecutter hammering away at this rock perhaps 100 times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the 101st blow, it will split in two and I know it was not that blow that did it. But all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Old 05-17-12, 06:07 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

All I can say is that I THANK MY LUCKY STARS that most all of you are not the GM of this team. WHEW! We'd be in major trouble.
Old 05-17-12, 06:40 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Here you go boys...

NBA Rumors: 15 Free Agents Who Will Want to Join the L.A. Clippers | Bleacher Report
Old 05-17-12, 09:03 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

blair AND anderson... for that pick #23, givin 1 roster spot to bring lorbek or de colo
The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinsons face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim hed look at me like he was bored and then say, Hey, Shaq, watch this shot right here off the glass. Shaquille O'Neal on Tim duncan.
Old 05-17-12, 09:52 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
blair AND anderson... for that pick #23, givin 1 roster spot to bring lorbek or de colo
anderson is a free agent
Old 05-17-12, 09:53 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpur View Post
All I can say is that I THANK MY LUCKY STARS that most all of you are not the GM of this team. WHEW! We'd be in major trouble.
Yeah I know! I wanted to trade to Jefferson for Jackson ealier this year. What a stupid idea!
Old 05-17-12, 10:28 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
anderson is a free agent

dang! i forgot...
The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinsons face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim hed look at me like he was bored and then say, Hey, Shaq, watch this shot right here off the glass. Shaquille O'Neal on Tim duncan.
Old 05-17-12, 12:29 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Yeah I know! I wanted to trade to Jefferson for Jackson ealier this year. What a stupid idea!
Jury's still out on that one. Underwhelming so far. But he has brought a smidgen more than RJ brought.
Old 05-17-12, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCaca View Post
dang! i forgot...
Blair has a team option too. not gonna open up a new can of worms, but a longer term deal may help make him tradeable as opposed to giving him up for a contract year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Jury's still out on that one. Underwhelming so far. But he has brought a smidgen more than RJ brought.
this is a joke? i'm getting punked....Mombear is under my bed with a camera while Dulce is in the closet waiting to scare the bajeebus out of me?

if anything, his versatility, his defense (which is light years better than RJ), and his attitude of making love to pressure have made us a better team.

i'll say confidently that if we didn't trade for Jackson and still got Diaw, we wouldn't be as good of a team.
Old 05-17-12, 02:43 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

You know we have to keep Bonner because of his rarity. (Only two redheads in the entire league!)
Old 05-17-12, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
You know we have to keep Bonner because of his rarity. (Only two redheads in the entire league!)
dump Blair & sign Scalabrine!
Old 05-17-12, 03:04 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Guess you are not watching the games very much? Oh and just to get out of paying 11 million bucks to RJ in two seasons was worth it alone. Not counting luxury tax either.
Old 05-17-12, 03:06 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Blair has a team option too. not gonna open up a new can of worms, but a longer term deal may help make him tradeable as opposed to giving him up for a contract year.

this is a joke? i'm getting punked....Mombear is under my bed with a camera while Dulce is in the closet waiting to scare the bajeebus out of me?

if anything, his versatility, his defense (which is light years better than RJ), and his attitude of making love to pressure have made us a better team.

i'll say confidently that if we didn't trade for Jackson and still got Diaw, we wouldn't be as good of a team.
Hey I asked nicely on a previous post on what you thought Blair's trade value is in this summer's draft? Come on man you left me hanging!
Old 05-17-12, 03:17 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
I count 3. (Blake)
Old 05-17-12, 04:32 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Guess you are not watching the games very much? Oh and just to get out of paying 11 million bucks to RJ in two seasons was worth it alone. Not counting luxury tax either.
Watched them all. Watched as the Clips made their run with him as the veteran leader on the floor. Granted, his defense is ok, and better than RJ. Scoring wise, not doing much, but then again he's not needed yet. Let's call him what he is, an insurance policy that costs 10mil. I'm sure at some point he'll win a game or two.
But you do have one good point, the Spurs aren't going to pay either one 11mil in 2013.
Old 05-17-12, 05:00 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Watched them all. Watched as the Clips made their run with him as the veteran leader on the floor. Granted, his defense is ok, and better than RJ. Scoring wise, not doing much, but then again he's not needed yet. Let's call him what he is, an insurance policy that costs 10mil. I'm sure at some point he'll win a game or two.
But you do have one good point, the Spurs aren't going to pay either one 11mil in 2013.
I have several good points. The Clips made their run more on Neal and Manu not protecting the ball very well. Yes or no? SJax being on the floor had nothing to do with that. SJax has barely shot the ball in the playoffs and is playing much less minutes than RJ did. The guy is making some good swing passes and doing things that do not end up on the stat page. RJ was a progress stopper. Having Kawhi step up at SF is what the Spurs needed. SJax gives them all a better mental edge. So let's be real. If you wanna say he is not worth 10 million fine. Don't fault the man for taking the money that some other team offered him. On the court I'd rather have SJax over RJ. Off the court contract wise same feelngs.
Old 05-17-12, 06:49 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Don't forget Jefferson was a starter. Give Jackson starter minutes and he gives more.
Old 05-18-12, 12:07 AM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
I have several good points. The Clips made their run more on Neal and Manu not protecting the ball very well. Yes or no? SJax being on the floor had nothing to do with that. SJax has barely shot the ball in the playoffs and is playing much less minutes than RJ did. The guy is making some good swing passes and doing things that do not end up on the stat page. RJ was a progress stopper. Having Kawhi step up at SF is what the Spurs needed. SJax gives them all a better mental edge. So let's be real. If you wanna say he is not worth 10 million fine. Don't fault the man for taking the money that some other team offered him. On the court I'd rather have SJax over RJ. Off the court contract wise same feelngs.
Come on man. Quit trying to turn the trade into something that put them over the top. It's simply not. The Diaw acquisition is what has made all the difference. I am conceding that the Spurs got the better end of the Jackson trade, but he hasn't done much. If you think that someone who can swing the ball around the perimeter is what puts them over the top, hell sign me up for 10mill too. Look at today's game. He let Nick Young score on him twice when the Clips closed in before the half, and then they picked on him in the pick and roll with Chris Paul.

But, like I said, he will help the Spurs win a game or two at some point, particularly defensively if they Spurs see Miami.
Old 05-18-12, 01:07 AM
Dr. Doom!!!

Quote:
I count 3. (Blake)
Okay then dump BONNER and get BLAKE to counter Jose! DO IT RC! I wish lol.
You could let it pick your brain for weeks and months, just replay it over and over, won't do you any good at all. When someone loses a loved one and they do that it only brings forth anguish. I feel acceptance is sometimes the key, it happened, now you have to react to it. Giving up is not an option.
Old 05-18-12, 11:31 AM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Come on man. Quit trying to turn the trade into something that put them over the top. It's simply not. The Diaw acquisition is what has made all the difference. I am conceding that the Spurs got the better end of the Jackson trade, but he hasn't done much. If you think that someone who can swing the ball around the perimeter is what puts them over the top, hell sign me up for 10mill too. Look at today's game. He let Nick Young score on him twice when the Clips closed in before the half, and then they picked on him in the pick and roll with Chris Paul.

But, like I said, he will help the Spurs win a game or two at some point, particularly defensively if they Spurs see Miami.
Contradiction for you on your last part since you pointed out how sorry SJax is on defense apparantly. I didn't say it was the lone factor of them playing the way they are by that one trade. Did I? I think mentioned Kawhi Leonard! I said SJax was a better fit for the team versus RJ on the court and off with his contract. You took out some of the other parts I implied on how he helps them.You focused on only the ball swinging part for 10 million a year........whatever man. Take the whole quote not just pigeon hole what you want to put down on MY behalf. "He let Nick Young score on him twice blah blah"? Players have the advantage offensively in the NBA. Heck Bonner had a running left hook go down in the game. Players are going to get their points. Did someone say hey let's let Bonner throw a garbage shot on us without defending it? They defended it and he made it. On the CP3 being guarded by SJax. Dude is SJax a point guard? How old is he? It's CP3 remember. All Star. All NBA. Olympic player etc. They switched out or SJax picked him up on those spots. Notice these runs happen with Neal and Manu sharing point duties. Not the best mix as I stated or others have already stated. Not making excuses but RJ played with the starters and a very good sixth man. Not just talking about last year either. You will naturally play better with a future hall of famer and other players whom will have their jersey numbers going to the rafters one day. Well except RJ's play in the previous Spur playoff efforts.................
Old 05-18-12, 02:21 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Contradiction for you on your last part since you pointed out how sorry SJax is on defense apparantly. I didn't say it was the lone factor of them playing the way they are by that one trade. Did I? I think mentioned Kawhi Leonard! I said SJax was a better fit for the team versus RJ on the court and off with his contract. You took out some of the other parts I implied on how he helps them.You focused on only the ball swinging part for 10 million a year........whatever man. Take the whole quote not just pigeon hole what you want to put down on MY behalf. "He let Nick Young score on him twice blah blah"? Players have the advantage offensively in the NBA. Heck Bonner had a running left hook go down in the game. Players are going to get their points. Did someone say hey let's let Bonner throw a garbage shot on us without defending it? They defended it and he made it. On the CP3 being guarded by SJax. Dude is SJax a point guard? How old is he? It's CP3 remember. All Star. All NBA. Olympic player etc. They switched out or SJax picked him up on those spots. Notice these runs happen with Neal and Manu sharing point duties. Not the best mix as I stated or others have already stated. Not making excuses but RJ played with the starters and a very good sixth man. Not just talking about last year either. You will naturally play better with a future hall of famer and other players whom will have their jersey numbers going to the rafters one day. Well except RJ's play in the previous Spur playoff efforts.................
So just admit Jackson hasn't done much since he got here and move on then. Nothing in that paragraph you typed proves that Jackson has made a significant impact on the court so far. And it wasn't a contradiction, size-wise, he will be a body to throw at Lebron.
Old 05-18-12, 04:03 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Guys, let's concentrate on getting our 5th banner, then we can settle this in the parking lot.
Old 05-18-12, 04:14 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Guys, let's concentrate on getting our 5th banner, then we can settle this in the parking lot.
It's all good. Just another healthy disagreement with Will and I.
Old 05-18-12, 05:07 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
So just admit Jackson hasn't done much since he got here and move on then. Nothing in that paragraph you typed proves that Jackson has made a significant impact on the court so far. And it wasn't a contradiction, size-wise, he will be a body to throw at Lebron.
I will admit the Spurs got an upgrade at SF by starting Kawhi and trading for Jackson instead of status quo which they would not be in this very same position overall.
I will admit the Spurs got a good trade because they gave up the worst pick in the first round for a better player who makes less money than RJ this year and next year and has one year less on his deal.
I will admit that RJ gave two goose eggs and other dismal preformances in last years playoffs with heavy minutes while SJax has provided one goose egg in more games played with much fewer minutes played. Fact .Do we need to bring up more RJ in the Spurs'multiple playoff series stats and tidbits?
I will admit that nothing in my paragraph proved a significant impact is correct BUT my previous post touched on that already. Which you cut and pasted what you wanted to support on your side only. Post and respond to the whole thing and not take things out of context than. Do you like it when people do that to you typed or spoken??
I will admit it's a contradiction if you say Nick Young and CP3 are torching this guy and you want him to to guard the MVP of the league and say he will contribute that way. If that's the case LeBron will score every single time on SJax while SJax displays this matador defense because it seems to me you are implying he is not trying. SARCASM!
I will admit I'm not the only one who feels this same way on SJax's contributions.
I will admit you are NOW in the minority.
I will admit at 9.2 million and 10 million next year is too much for SJax. Happy?
Remember no out of context responses. That's the media's job! Be real dude!
Old 05-18-12, 05:10 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Dude chill out it's a forum. Just don't like when people pick on one point and not put in the whole response. Which seems very common here. Man up!
Old 05-18-12, 05:21 PM
SpursReport Rookie

Mills can opt out too.
I expect he will. Diaw , Neal, and Green are free agents i believe.
Interesting decisions.
Old 05-18-12, 05:24 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiaSPUR View Post
Mills can opt out too.
I expect he will. Diaw , Neal, and Green are free agents i believe.
Interesting decisions.
Neal is not a FA
Old 05-18-12, 05:59 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

^^^ Yeah, Hoopshype shows Neal as a FA but he is not. 3 year deal was what was originally announced.
Old 05-19-12, 09:24 AM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
I will admit the Spurs got an upgrade at SF by starting Kawhi and trading for Jackson instead of status quo which they would not be in this very same position overall.
I will admit the Spurs got a good trade because they gave up the worst pick in the first round for a better player who makes less money than RJ this year and next year and has one year less on his deal.
I will admit that RJ gave two goose eggs and other dismal preformances in last years playoffs with heavy minutes while SJax has provided one goose egg in more games played with much fewer minutes played. Fact .Do we need to bring up more RJ in the Spurs'multiple playoff series stats and tidbits?
I will admit that nothing in my paragraph proved a significant impact is correct BUT my previous post touched on that already. Which you cut and pasted what you wanted to support on your side only. Post and respond to the whole thing and not take things out of context than. Do you like it when people do that to you typed or spoken??
I will admit it's a contradiction if you say Nick Young and CP3 are torching this guy and you want him to to guard the MVP of the league and say he will contribute that way. If that's the case LeBron will score every single time on SJax while SJax displays this matador defense because it seems to me you are implying he is not trying. SARCASM!
I will admit I'm not the only one who feels this same way on SJax's contributions.
I will admit you are NOW in the minority.
I will admit at 9.2 million and 10 million next year is too much for SJax. Happy?
Remember no out of context responses. That's the media's job! Be real dude!
What points were relevant to my argument? I've said he hasn't done anything so far. I've have also agreed that financially speaking it was a good trade for the Spurs. You've thrown a lot of fluff around and get mad when I don't think the fluff is worth responding to.
Old 05-19-12, 07:49 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
What points were relevant to my argument? I've said he hasn't done anything so far. I've have also agreed that financially speaking it was a good trade for the Spurs. You've thrown a lot of fluff around and get mad when I don't think the fluff is worth responding to.
I'd answer your question but you don't seem to answer any of mine so......whatever. I'm not mad lol. Fluff? I made several points and you out throw out SJax swinging the ball around for 10 million bucks a year as to my only reason?????? Which is not even his correct salary lockout or not BTW. That was not my full point and you know that. My point is respond to the whole thing not one thing. Taking things out of context etc. is really a chicken sh*t thing to do when you know damn well there was more to it than what you typed on what I typed. Argue like a man. Not trying to insult you but it's really not cool what you do towards me. Someone else used to do that to me on here and they stopped after I pointed it out. Now they debate me like a man and not like a grade schooler on a playground. I admit when I'm wrong on here. If you don't want to do that fine. But I will call it out if you or anyone else leave out material and respond to what YOU chose to put down for MY responses. I will edit my own replies. I don't need your help. Read this very carefully...........
Like I said before I don't do that to you or anyone else on here. Maybe I should start though on just your replies and posts??? See if you like it. You don't have to agree with anything I type but just give the other person a fair shake if you want to debate something the right way. :applause
Old 05-19-12, 09:48 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Tango from San Diego View Post
Can this question really be answered without knowing what the salaries each of the players you bring up are?
?
Yes. Yes it can. Bonner was expendable even before Diaw came on board. Bonner never performs in the playoffs. Therefore he is expendable.
Old 05-20-12, 10:32 AM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
I'd answer your question but you don't seem to answer any of mine so......whatever. I'm not mad lol. Fluff? I made several points and you out throw out SJax swinging the ball around for 10 million bucks a year as to my only reason?????? Which is not even his correct salary lockout or not BTW. That was not my full point and you know that. My point is respond to the whole thing not one thing. Taking things out of context etc. is really a chicken sh*t thing to do when you know damn well there was more to it than what you typed on what I typed. Argue like a man. Not trying to insult you but it's really not cool what you do towards me. Someone else used to do that to me on here and they stopped after I pointed it out. Now they debate me like a man and not like a grade schooler on a playground. I admit when I'm wrong on here. If you don't want to do that fine. But I will call it out if you or anyone else leave out material and respond to what YOU chose to put down for MY responses. I will edit my own replies. I don't need your help. Read this very carefully...........
Like I said before I don't do that to you or anyone else on here. Maybe I should start though on just your replies and posts??? See if you like it. You don't have to agree with anything I type but just give the other person a fair shake if you want to debate something the right way. :applause
So let me get this straight. You want me to go line by line and argue every single point you make, even though I don't think they are relevant? You said he brings defense. Wrong, he got benched last night and has been doing horrible this series. He hasn't scored much. How can he bring an attitude if he's not involved? And as far as veteran leadership, he looks like he's sulking out there. The whole point to my initial post, was that he hasn't done squat on the court. Then you brought up things that weren't true, or as I called it, fluff. Your problem is you called this trade before it happen, kudos to you, but when I question it because ON THE COURT it hasn't really made an impact you get defensive and try to make up stuff to justify it.
Old 05-20-12, 12:00 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
So let me get this straight. You want me to go line by line and argue every single point you make, even though I don't think they are relevant? You said he brings defense. Wrong, he got benched last night and has been doing horrible this series. He hasn't scored much. How can he bring an attitude if he's not involved? And as far as veteran leadership, he looks like he's sulking out there. The whole point to my initial post, was that he hasn't done squat on the court. Then you brought up things that weren't true, or as I called it, fluff. Your problem is you called this trade before it happen, kudos to you, but when I question it because ON THE COURT it hasn't really made an impact you get defensive and try to make up stuff to justify it.
No not being petty for you to go line by line. My point was why omit certain things to lower the other person's point? Is it because you don't want a fair debate? Example: Let's just say that I say let's bring in Reggie Evans next year. Just saying. I say well he is a great rebounder and great at setting picks for the vet minimum. YOU would reply why pay a guy to just set picks? Really you would do that. Just to blast me. I typed he was a great rebounder. BUT YOU would leave that out and then just focus on his 37% or whatever free throw % to death! And than go back to a guy who just sets picks and that's all he ever does! As far as SJAX performance.....yeah he is not starter and was not brought in likely for that role! I typed which you ignored and is REVELANT to the max.......that Kawhi Leonard has evolved to be a quality starter at SF and having RJ was a progress stopper to Kawhi's development. Remember in the preseason and early in the year that Pop played Kawhi at 2 guard? The reason was just to get him on the floor. He is not a 2 guard! Some people on here said he was a 4. The next Rodman! Are you going to go game by game or series by series on player performance? If that's the case let's have Tony Parker give back some championship rings for some awful games and series early in his playoff career. I don't see the sulking you talk about on the court to be very honest. On the bench the most vocal and supportive guys seem to be Patty Mills and SJax. I'm not going to go on the defense part because YOU yourself brought his defense up as a plus for the Spurs at some point did you not type that? I know you don't answer any of my questions. Seems not even one. So have I no clue on these untrue statements and fluff I post according to your opinion. No examples for me and everyone else reading this? You don't have your facts right FYI. You keep putting SJax's salary higher than what it actually is. Stick with the facts man. You say I make up stuff? Look in the mirror bro! Yeah he makes too much money for his role. I AGREED with you on that! YOU AGREED with me on it being a good trade for the Spurs! Was all this made up fluff???????????????
Old 05-20-12, 03:33 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Now that's just classic.
Implying that Will is a fluffer. And not even good at it.
Old 05-20-12, 10:48 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyspursfan View Post
Now that's just classic.
Implying that Will is a fluffer. And not even good at it.
Thanks for your input Jeremy Lin fortune cookie boy!