News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-15-12, 09:44 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Whoever comes out of the East.......

Is gonna get crushed by whoever comes out of the West. I'm sorry, Mia, Ind, Bos, Phi all look HORRIBLE. I know some of it is due to the "playoff atmosphere" and the defenses picking up the intensity but......come'on man, seriously. All of the team look like hammered dog poo....just saying.
Old 05-15-12, 09:52 PM
SpursReport Team Member

I was thinking about that yesterday, with Bulls out, this season is only about Spurs and OKC
Old 05-16-12, 02:24 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

All I know is Spurs have home court advantage the rest of the way, come who may.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-12, 09:27 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Well the Thunder look very impressive, and they will give the Spurs everything they can handle should the 2 meet in the WCF. And after that war is over, the Miami Heat will seem like a JV girl's team to the survivor by comparison.

$
Old 05-16-12, 10:04 AM
The Master Baiter

Miami is a three trick pony. And Bosh doesn't even contribute all that much. Their offense is basically isolation for Lebron or Wade. And Lebron has to play 40 mins a game for them to win. Their defense is impressive, but we haven't seen them against this Spurs team in full stride.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-16-12, 11:11 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

I'd like to see what it takes to get there and hopefully meet LeBRon and company and sweep them
Old 05-16-12, 11:42 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Don't confuse defensive excellence for poor basketball. Boston, Miami, and Philadelphia are 3 of the 4 best defensive teams in the NBA this season. What you are seeing as bad basketball is actually tough relentless defense. I would think as Spurs fans we would know better. Underestimate them at your own risk.
Old 05-16-12, 11:53 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Keep in mind that devastating injuries are having a huge effect on the playoffs. Rose and Bosh go down, and the East frontrunners are in trouble. Perkins' hip in OKC and Blake's legs for the Clips are causing problems.

The Spurs have been blessed by health so far. Let's hope the blessing continues. I'd hate to try moving forward without TP and/or Timmy.
Old 05-16-12, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdon View Post
Don't confuse defensive excellence for poor basketball. Boston, Miami, and Philadelphia are 3 of the 4 best defensive teams in the NBA this season. What you are seeing as bad basketball is actually tough relentless defense. I would think as Spurs fans we would know better. Underestimate them at your own risk.
Don't confuse poor basketball with good defense. Are we watching the same game?!?!? I know how good these teams were "in the regular season" but wacthing all of the East opponents give me a sense of confidence for whoever comes out of the West.

Missing open shots is not good defense, missing rotations is not good defense, horrible offensive schemes or plays is not due to good defense.........part of it might be in fact due to good defense but I gotta call total BS as that being the main factor. The East teams look like crap IMO....perhaps they will improve but right now, they all look horrible.

Last edited by esparzar1; 05-16-12 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-16-12, 01:11 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Quote:
agree...
Old 05-16-12, 01:46 PM
The Master Baiter

Quote:
Somewhat true. These teams also have trouble scoring. In fact, if it weren't for Lebron, Miami would be much worse offensively. So, in essense, they HAVE to play great defense because they can't score. I know defense wins championships, but it doesn't have to be great defense. You still have to be able to score. And the Spurs can score against these defenses.
Old 05-16-12, 02:08 PM
SpursReport Team Veteran

yep, miami are like old style spurs

great defense, and in ofense: give the ball to duncan in the post (or manu/ tony)...
Old 05-16-12, 03:28 PM

Still calling ......yes, teams have to be better on the defensive side if they are in fact lacking "offense" however, nothing from the 1st two Eastern Conference games have shown me what you guys are talking about. I'm not seeing that "great denfense" from any team in the East. What I'm seeing is horrible offense, bad defense, bad coaching, and piss poor rotations...........horrible play on both sides of the ball. Still standing my ground on this issue...lol

Last edited by esparzar1; 05-16-12 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-16-12, 03:35 PM
Moderator in Flip Flops

Whatever they are playing in the Eastern Semi Finals is more boring than anything perceived when the Spurs were playing the same brand of basketball that brought a championship in '99. The saying went was you needed two superstar players to carry you deep into the playoffs, but its not enough for the heat and there is no help from the rest of the starters nor the bench. If they had a Tiago Splitter type, that could help them immensely.

I remember from another thread that stat geek john hollinger saying that mario chalmers playing at his absolute best would be the tenth best player on the Spurs... The TENTH!
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~