News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-12, 02:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Raise your hand if you want to see San Antonio and Indiana in the finals!

2 small market teams, George Hill versus his old buddies. Oh yea, and really piss the David Stern off! Imagine the marketability.... Plus no Miami Heat!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-14-12, 02:37 PM

i'd love for Duncan to school Hibbert so we "won't go after him"

seriously though, i do see Indiana giving Miami fits. too deep and too athletic for them in all positions except C (even with foul trouble, they had enough depth last night). if the Pacers beat the Heat, i don't see them beating Boston.

off the topic a bit, but how bad did George Hill play last night? geez, it all got topped off with that stupid offensive foul that probably cost the team the game with the momentum shift when they were gonna call timeout.
Old 05-14-12, 03:10 PM
The Master Baiter

I think that would be the least viewed Finals ever. I'm not sure I would want that though. I want the world to see how good this team is. Particularly since they would be hearing a lot of asterisk talk again.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-14-12, 03:30 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

If the world doesn't watch, it's their collective loss.

I will be watching every minute of every game the Spurs play. If the Pacers win it all, it may be my loss. Unless they beat the Spurs.
Old 05-14-12, 03:38 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

My hand's in the air. Pacers are getting the lack of respect that usually goes to the Spurs.

I don't care about TV ratings.
Old 05-14-12, 03:54 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

I agree with the assessment that it would be the least watched Finals in the history of man, but that is what true competition is all about. Some times the Divas win the championship, and sometimes the red-headed step children win the championship. Otherwise, it's ceases to be a legitimate sport and starts being entertainment like WWE wrestling, in which case I would love to see some take a metal chair from under the basketball court and wack Kobe on the head as he tries to shoot the game winning shot!

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 05-14-12, 04:31 PM
2012 Eastern Conference Champion

hAHA!!! We might get a couple hundred thousand viewers nationwide. LOL
Old 05-14-12, 04:46 PM
The Eternal Optimist

yes, or celts
Old 05-14-12, 04:58 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

This would be so cool, then I wouldn't have to listen to how great Kobe or King James is, just would be able to watch some great team basketball.
Old 05-14-12, 05:21 PM

i'd rather take out Kobe & King James on the way to the trophy
Old 05-14-12, 05:36 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I prefer the Sixers! lol
Old 05-14-12, 06:08 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

One hand is up as that would be nice to see..... but then the other hand ripped it down and chastised it for believing in fairytales, Heat are not going to lose 4 games to the Pacers.
Old 05-15-12, 03:16 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kager View Post
One hand is up as that would be nice to see..... but then the other hand ripped it down and chastised it for believing in fairytales, Heat are not going to lose 4 games to the Pacers.
with Bosh out, they're a 2 man team, so unless the scrubs start to play, I think Pacers have a real chance to get the job done
Old 05-15-12, 03:25 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio View Post
with Bosh out, they're a 2 man team, so unless the scrubs start to play, I think Pacers have a real chance to get the job done
Exactly. What was a 5 game series for the heat could easily be 7 game series now

- Confucius
Old 05-15-12, 06:58 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

WOW! That would be HUGE, but The Commish would crap his pants! (Right along with with all the tv execs at TNT, ESPN and ABC.
Old 05-15-12, 08:02 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

no thanks.......give me Miami!!!!!! Nothing like the Spurs beating the media favorite Miami Heat in a 7 game series. The best way to "stick it to the man" IMO and crush LeBrons hope for a ring..........
Old 05-15-12, 09:16 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

It would be nice to have Spurs against another ABA team like the Nets in 2003!
Old 05-15-12, 09:51 AM
2012 Eastern Conference Champion

I'd like to see Miamai get swept by the Spurs.
Lets really make them think about their MVP getting to the finals again and getting beat again. Swept twice by the Spurs
Old 05-15-12, 10:01 AM
SpursReport Team Member

As with most of the people in here, just want Spurs to win it all.

If pressed, however, I would have to say give me the Celtics. Much more compelling to me. Two aging teams going for one last trophy with their core groups. KG vs. Tim, TP vs. Rondo, Manu, the Truth, Ray Ray. That would be great.

Finals pitting two of the three best coaches in the league (Thibodeaux being the third). Doc's SA ties. Plenty of story lines here. The media wouldn't have to work that hard to write several very good articles about the participants.

If it happens, however, I'm sure all we will get are stories of 1996-97 and how the Spurs tanked and got Tim Duncan when Boston really should have gotten him. They'll do some expose on the Celtics reign from Russell, to Havlicek, to Bird and then discuss the "what could have been" save for the tragedies of Bias, Lewis and losing out on drafting Tim Duncan. Silly tie in - tragic deaths and losing the NBA lottery - but it wouldn't surprise me at all.
Old 05-15-12, 10:22 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by polk View Post
As with most of the people in here, just want Spurs to win it all.

If pressed, however, I would have to say give me the Celtics. Much more compelling to me. Two aging teams going for one last trophy with their core groups. KG vs. Tim, TP vs. Rondo, Manu, the Truth, Ray Ray. That would be great.

Finals pitting two of the three best coaches in the league (Thibodeaux being the third). Doc's SA ties. Plenty of story lines here. The media wouldn't have to work that hard to write several very good articles about the participants.

If it happens, however, I'm sure all we will get are stories of 1996-97 and how the Spurs tanked and got Tim Duncan when Boston really should have gotten him. They'll do some expose on the Celtics reign from Russell, to Havlicek, to Bird and then discuss the "what could have been" save for the tragedies of Bias, Lewis and losing out on drafting Tim Duncan. Silly tie in - tragic deaths and losing the NBA lottery - but it wouldn't surprise me at all.
Lol, nice post ya put some thought in to that one.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to see the Spurs/Celtics but man did you watch them last night...........the most boring/horrible game I've seen in a long time. Like Chuck said, that game should have been on NBATVjust a horrible game to watch.....
Old 05-15-12, 01:43 PM
The Amazing!

This would be my dream match up. I hope MIA doesn't even get to the finals. Celtics I just don't care about.
Old 05-15-12, 04:44 PM
SpursReport Team Member

ME! Just to piss off the media folk....
Old 05-15-12, 04:46 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

That would be awesome. Love to see George Hill succeed, not to mention another small market team.

Here's to another BORING finals!
Old 05-15-12, 04:59 PM
Moderator in Flip Flops

I would prefer the celtics mostly because of the Timmy vs. kg angle, or the TP vs. rr batle, Manu v. ray ray as gunslingers from the bench, not to mention the truth being introduced again to that cat quick long limbed leopard Kawhi Leonard...
But mostly, I truly enjoy their two NBA BIG commercials over everyone else's..

BIG- Spurs Playoff Promo - YouTube

BIG- celtics playoff promo

I was actually hoping for the Spurs-pacers matchup back in '99 but it never materialized...
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Old 05-15-12, 08:57 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Great win for Hill and the Pacers tonight!