News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-12, 02:49 PM

Spurs, Clippers set to face in Semi-Finals

The Los Angeles Clippers have defeated the Memphis Grizzlies in seven games to advance to the Western Conference Semi-Finals and face the San Antonio Spurs in Game 1 this Tuesday in San Antonio.

The biggest spotlight will be on the point-guard matchup between Tony Parker-Chris Paul matchup as these two players finished in the top-five in NBA MVP voting with Parker finishing fifth.

Spurs, Clippers set to face in Semi-Finals | May
Old 05-13-12, 03:10 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Spurs in 4 maybe 5.....kinda excited about the B2B. If the Spurs win that 1st road game (game 3) then the possiblity for a sweep is very real! Spurs bench should wear the Clippers out in game 4.....very excited!
Old 05-13-12, 03:57 PM
SpursReport Team Member

spurs in 5
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-13-12, 04:42 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I like that the first game of the B2B is away, we should be rested.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-13-12, 07:39 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

I think they we need to get game 1st first and get a rythym going
Old 05-13-12, 11:50 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD View Post
I think they we need to get game 1st first and get a rythym going
I totally agree!

Let's start game one with a huge win to SCARE those Clippers off!

Let game one be a BIG HUGE W for our Spurs to build the Rhythm back!

Let's take those one game at a time to establish a momentum then run with that all the way to LA!!!!!

By the way Tony Parker will have a huge chance to show the world he should have been the MVP!
Go Tony!
Old 05-14-12, 12:19 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Great Tweet by David the Admiral

Well said!!!!

@DavidtheAdmiral
Lob City vs Fundamental City. Will be fun to watch & I like @CP3 but Timmy, Manu, Tony and @spurs depth will come through.
Old 05-14-12, 07:59 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

Time for Tony to test out that injured hip flexor of CP3. Even with a healthy CP3, Tony still blows by him. This is a series where Parker will shine.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 05-14-12, 10:56 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

kindda worried:
1) i remember when spurs faced tough series in championship years, usually came to next round stronger... maybe this happend to every team facing hard series, maybe clippers get stronger with this series... (lakers in the other braket i had the sense they gonna scare OKC)

2) almost always SA came from long breaks rusty and little out of sync... hope this didnt happend in game 1...

in the other hand

1)clippers are real banged and limping to this round...

2)rest of course helps timmy and manu, arguably jackson bcouse their age, and tiago being coming of injuries...

3)of course this time off allow to practice with the new guys...
Old 05-14-12, 11:22 AM
Moderator in Flip Flops

As a former ballboy for the then San Diego Clippers, I mean really? You think the clips are scary? Nah. Sure they are having their best season ever, but other than cp3 who really is a push with Parker when healthy and he is not, how do they match up with the Spurs?
Remember the give back game where that stud guard gives the game away to Neal and gives back life to the Spurs to win that game in la?
That was without Manu and Tiago and Diaw hadn't arrived yet. RJ has been replaced SJax who was a killer in the first series. His arrogance gives the Spurs all the attitude they need..

Besides, who would you pick when after you look at the matchups on the floor and bench, and then see they are led by Pop or vinny?
Somebody's biological clock is about to get punched...
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Old 05-14-12, 11:52 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

Well, San Diego has produced the Clippers and Joe Tango.

Not scared.

$
Old 05-14-12, 12:00 PM
Moderator in Flip Flops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money4Nothing View Post
Well, San Diego has produced the Clippers and Joe Tango.

Not scared.

$
HA!

Just as a point of clarification, San Diego had produced neither. Clippers came via Buffalo as the Braves with the best year being 79-80 when one Lloyd (Now World B.) Free had a scoring champion duel with George Gervin and finished second to the Iceman.

As for me, I wasn't born in Sunny San Diego. I just claim it as my home...

Fear the quiet ones...
Pass is PINPOINT PERFECT
and somebody ends up WIDE OPEN
No Flash No Gimmicks NO CHANCE OF STOPPING IT
IT'S THE QUIET GUYS YOU SHOULD FEAR
because words are small and GAME IS BIG

GO GO!

I AM NINJA!
"We will either find a way, or make one."
~Hannibal~
Old 05-14-12, 12:03 PM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Spurs in 5. League's love for CP3 and ref bias associated with that (plus his awesome talent and drive) will overcome their injury and dysfunction issues to get them a game.
Old 05-14-12, 12:23 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

The Spurs should be able to win this series. As banged up as the Clippers are, and as deep and talented as the Spurs are, they should win. Optimally, I would like a sweep or a win in 5 games. But I will take a 2nd round win in whatever fashion. I want the Spurs to have alot of energy left when they face the Thunder. They will need it.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 05-14-12, 02:43 PM

am i crazy to think we should play the same defense we played vs. the Suns in 2005? Nash/Amare were healthy and we gave them the 2 man P&R game leaving Amare open for the dunks. the difference here would be Paul doesn't have the explosiveness with the groin injury and i would seriously dare Blake Griffin to dunk every single possession he can with a banged up knee.
Old 05-14-12, 03:26 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
am i crazy to think we should play the same defense we played vs. the Suns in 2005? Nash/Amare were healthy and we gave them the 2 man P&R game leaving Amare open for the dunks. the difference here would be Paul doesn't have the explosiveness with the groin injury and i would seriously dare Blake Griffin to dunk every single possession he can with a banged up knee.
1. Yes, you are crazy. Why do you keep asking the same question, expecting the answer to change? Isn't that pretty close to the definition of insanity?
2. As to the defense, I wouldn't try it for more than spurts, just to see what happens. Spurs are the better team, and should play their game. Make the Clips (and VDN) adapt to them. Throw in your suggestion about as often as zones. Mix it up some, but remember who you are.

I hope they do try it some. If for no other reason, because it's another wrinkle for VDN and Griffin to decipher. It may buy an occasional 10-2 run. It may also give up a 10-2 run if Griffin throws them all down.

I don't truly think you are crazy. All the time.
Old 05-15-12, 09:22 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

Wow the games here finally on TV - Spurs need to see what the Thunder did to LA and do the same to LA!
Old 05-15-12, 09:37 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Spurs in 5 baby. Can't wait! Hopefully Indiana can pull off a victory prior to the spurs game. Can't wait to see how productive griffin will be. I'm sure CP3 will play big but need to stay home on shooters like Nick Young and Mo Williams. bledsoe has played well and it worries me that Neal might be drawing the matchup with him. If Neal doesn't play well on d end, I can see manu checking him and leave Neal solely on a spot up shooter like Young.

- Confucius
Old 05-15-12, 11:18 AM
SpursReport 2010 And 2014 Pick The Winner Champion

Biggest thing will be not letting them come back like the Grizzlies let them in game 1. It changed the whole vibe of the series.If Memphis wins by blowout game 1, it would´ve been done in 5 at most.
Old 05-15-12, 12:10 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille View Post
Biggest thing will be not letting them come back like the Grizzlies let them in game 1. It changed the whole vibe of the series.If Memphis wins by blowout game 1, it would´ve been done in 5 at most.
Very true! Tht game messed with the Grizz psyche and ruined their chances IMO. I have faith Pop and Co will do their due diligence to not let that happen

- Confucius
Old 05-15-12, 02:59 PM
The Eternal Optimist

Put it this way, do NOT let them hang around or in any other way gain enough confidence to think they might have a chance!
Old 05-15-12, 03:26 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
Put it this way, do NOT let them hang around or in any other way gain enough confidence to think they might have a chance!
Exactly

- Confucius