News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-10-12, 10:37 PM
SpursReport Regulator

Number 8 ..Downs Number 1

Do you guy think the media will make a big deal out of the Bulls/Sixers game?
Thats all I heard this year how the Spurs could only win in the regular season and not in the playoffs.
Also that a number 8 seeds beat a number 1....However I feel that all we are going to hear is the Rose and Noah were hurt and thats the reason why they lost...but so was Manu and Timmy.
Tim wasn't 100% either and that seem to take a toll on our team.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-11-12, 12:12 AM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Maybe Bulls were not as good as some thought!!! It is the PO made only for tough minded players. Spurs are built for PO.
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-11-12, 05:16 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Sure doesn't seem that way the morning after. Looks like with injuries to rose and Noah is reason enough to give them a pass but nobody remembers what happened to our team late in the season heading into the playoffs.

- Confucius
Old 05-11-12, 07:27 AM
SpursReport Team Starter

only 5 teams have lost to number 8 seeds. I personally think the Mavs losing is the worst/embarrassing. but the past is the past...
Old 05-11-12, 07:33 AM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

I think the worst has to be the Nuggets beating the Sonics in rd one back in 96 (I think). At least that's the most memorable for me. I remember Mutumbo lying on thr ground with the ball in his hands....classic!
Old 05-11-12, 09:28 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurduncan21 View Post
Sure doesn't seem that way the morning after. Looks like with injuries to rose and Noah is reason enough to give them a pass but nobody remembers what happened to our team late in the season heading into the playoffs.
I think Spurs were slowed down by the injury bug last year and lost to the eight seed. .. I personally still can't get over that sour taste last year PO left here.

The degree of difficulty will have to continue to be at the West that is for sure...

Memphis did not reflect the record they had of the eight seed last year, they were better than that. While Spurs were tough and ready to enter the PO and this team is built for the PO. So it was playing a tough team in the first round plus have injuries. That result was not good for Spurs.

This year I am hoping the mentally tough Spurs team which is very deep will continue to play SMART TEAM Ball and keep winning games.... Proving everyone who doubts them that they are for real!!!!

Going one game at a time, one series opponent at a time. One conference at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyAdamII View Post
only 5 teams have lost to number 8 seeds. I personally think the Mavs losing is the worst/embarrassing. but the past is the past...
I 100% agree with you Sleepy!

The degree of difficulty is still at the WEST..

Mavs were Fools Gold with their first seed during that PO. And they were fragile inside to handle a tough PO. While that Golden States Team was a very physical and mentally tough opponent they beat the MAVS very deservingly because those Mavs were not injured and were certainly exposed!!!!!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 05-12-12, 05:45 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

derick rose, the unquestionable team mvp was completely OUT of the game.
i dont think u can make as much of a deal about this.

doesn't matter what i think tho. i know ginobili having a boo boo will always be a great excuse for gettin punkd by memphis. but the fact is, he was able to play. and tim duncan and tony parker where there. old/tired/banged up. but they played. rose is OUT.
Old 05-12-12, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursfan9 View Post
derick rose, the unquestionable team mvp was completely OUT of the game.
i dont think u can make as much of a deal about this.

doesn't matter what i think tho. i know ginobili having a boo boo will always be a great excuse for gettin punkd by memphis. but the fact is, he was able to play. and tim duncan and tony parker where there. old/tired/banged up. but they played. rose is OUT.
i agree. in an era where you need 2-3 superstars to be a legit title contender, this team was a contender with 1 superstar and an above average cast. once their star went down, they still put up a heck of a fight.

with the level of talent they had, it'd be the same as saying our Big 3 were out and the rest of the team played in a playoff series with no legit star (and we wouldn't have came as close as they did).
Old 05-12-12, 08:39 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

This team is so deep that we can afford to rest starters. Other teams rest their starters and then have to play catch up, causing the starters to have to expend extra energy.Health is good to have however the deep bench pays dividends especially in the third period.