News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-12, 12:30 PM

Griffin's physical series with Grizzlies could bode well for Spurs

Los Angeles Clippers center Blake Griffin has been bruised and battered in his first round series with the Memphis Grizzlies.

He's been guarded by both Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph in what has been a very physical matchup.

Griffin's physical series with Grizzlies could bode well for Spurs | May
Old 05-10-12, 12:57 PM
SpursReport Rookie

On the flipside of that arguement, it could make Griffin play better and more free seeing as tho the Spurs arent as physical as the grizz. It could be like in baseball where you take off one of those batting weights and the bat feels lighter. Who knows how it will affect him, but with the way that series has gone I think I want the clippers. We dont need our boys all banged up playing the grizz.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-10-12, 01:15 PM

Griffin wouldn't be as effective vs. us nor would he play harder. all the guy can do is dunk and make plays while elevating. the Paul injury hurts them more as well because the guy doesn't have the explosiveness right now. Parker is going to run him off the court.
Old 05-10-12, 02:33 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

And what happens if we get the Grizzlies?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-10-12, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
And what happens if we get the Grizzlies?
Randolph said last night on TNT that his knee is around 70% or so. he's looked sluggish this whole series, i can't see the Clippers (as hurt as they may be) not go on adrenaline for one game to take the series.
Old 05-10-12, 05:34 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

I agree Jose, besides the Grizz aren't near as formidable as last year and we are much deeper.
Old 05-10-12, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
I agree Jose, besides the Grizz aren't near as formidable as last year and we are much deeper.
very true, they lost their veteran grit with Battier. on our upside, we no longer have a McDyess starting who is only a spot up shooter and a good man defender/poor help defender. most likely Gasol would guard Duncan which may make TD null on offense for us, but no way can Randolph try to chase around Diaw on/off the ball and in transition
Old 05-11-12, 07:56 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

I like our chances with either team this year.