News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-12, 05:18 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

Spurs players were wondering why Raja Bell didn't play...

Bell does not expect to return to Jazz next year.

Bell hopes the Jazz do the right thing and move him before the 2012-13 season. He was open to it before the trade deadline but never asked for trade.

Bell said Corbin was "unprofessional" at the end of the season. According to Bell, Corbin made things personal by playing everyone in the playoffs except for him and it was obvious.

Bell said if he's still on Jazz at the start of next season "we'll cross that bridge" then.

Bell said NBA referees and San Antonio coaches/players asked why he wasn't playing during the playoffs. They never understood what the Jazz were doing.

Bell wanted to move on after his March confrontation with Corbin and thought the Jazz were going to, since they publicly said they would. Bell said Utah was two-faced and Corbin obviously punished him for the remainder of the year.

Bell said there were times this season he didn't know he was active until he was informed pregame by the media.

Jazz's Corbin says Favors could start; Bell, Miles go off on 'unprofessional' Corbin | Utah Jazz Notes | The Salt Lake Tribune
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-10-12, 12:32 PM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

They should have made up but it takes two to do that ..I really like Corbin specially since he started his career at SA and went to Purdue too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-10-12, 01:13 PM

that whole roster is a cluster of a mess right now. i don't know how the team rallies with Al Jefferson after the comments me made about the series. they may have been the truth, but you just don't say that. why would you expect the fans to pay money to go watch your team lose since you don't think so and then you're telling the rest of your teammates there's no chance (even when there isn't). that team doesn't have a leader since Sloan left.

if the Jazz don't move Bell, that'd just affirm how their FO isn't the smartest (like when they let Sloan go for Williams, then traded Williams)
Old 05-10-12, 02:14 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Not trading J-Ho and Bell was just plain stupid.
Old 05-10-12, 02:31 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Emphasizes the Spurs organization's overall intelligence.
Old 05-10-12, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clovisnmspurfan View Post
Emphasizes the Spurs organization's overall intelligence.
we did want Josh Howard remember?....so sometimes it's better to be lucky than smart
Old 05-10-12, 02:57 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
we did want Josh Howard remember?....so sometimes it's better to be lucky than smart
J-Ho actually looked good at the start of year. But he fell off a bit production wise and then got injured again and than again. I was in favor of keeping Green and not giving him up for Howard when the rumors came up. James Anderson for J-Ho to me was a yes for both teams. If I was Utah I would have traded J-Ho and Bell just to aid their rebuilding. But of course I suggested RJ for SJax first. Getting J-Ho even if healthy by trade and keeping RJ made very little sense to me.
Old 05-10-12, 03:01 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAD View Post
They should have made up but it takes two to do that ..I really like Corbin specially since he started his career at SA and went to Purdue too.
I don't think Ty was ever a Boilermaker
Quote:
Corbin, Tyrone -- One of the most beloved players in Blue Demon history, Corbin is currently DePaul's third all-time leading rebounder and 14th all-time leading scorer. He is the only player in DePaul history to lead a Blue Demon team in scoring, rebounding, field goal percentage and free throw percentage for two consecutive seasons in 1983-84 and 1984-85. Corbin spent 15 seasons in the NBA.
Old 05-10-12, 03:10 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelden View Post
I don't think Ty was ever a Boilermaker
DePaul is correct! Speaking of former DePaul Spur players..........I remember watching Rod Strickland at DePaul on cable tv many times. He was awesome back then. Then the Spurs traded for him. I was really happy about him arriving here back in the day. Rocket Rod Strickland!
Old 05-11-12, 06:59 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

My question.. "WHY A BOILERMAKER FOR A MASCOT?"
Old 05-17-12, 06:21 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

From Wikipedia:
Quote:
The nickname 'Boilermakers' goes back to 1891 when the Purdue football team defeated nearby rival Wabash College in Crawfordsville, Indiana 44–0. An account of the game in the Crawfordsville Daily Argus News of October 26, 1891 was headlined, "Slaughter of Innocents: Wabash Snowed Completely Under by the Burly Boiler Makers from Purdue." Engineering education in the 1890s at Purdue meant hands-on work in the forge room, where students heated and molded metal, just like the "blacksmiths" and "boilermakers" the football team was called after defeating opponents. The local Purdue press picked up on the name, with a notice in the November 1, 1891 Lafayette Sunday Times, "As everyone knows, Purdue went down to Wabash last Saturday and defeated their eleven. The Crawfordsville papers have not yet gotten over it. The only recourse they have is to claim that we beat their 'scientific' men by brute force. Our players are characterized as 'coal heavers,' 'boiler makers' and 'stevedores.'
Old 05-18-12, 08:34 AM
SpursReport Team Member

typical that Raja Bell wouldn't be getting along with another coach... it all started back in his college days when he was at Boston University