News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-12, 05:14 AM
SpursReport Team Veteran

On the Nicolas Batum to San Antonio rumors...

Via Twitter:

John Hollinger: Not sure where this Batum-Spurs nonsense comes from. They'd have to either not re-sign Duncan or amnesty Manu. Not happening.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-10-12, 05:16 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Ain't happening. We can stop posting speculative garbage now

- Confucius
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-10-12, 08:07 AM
Delusional Manu Lover

Not again!

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 05-10-12, 11:19 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

Don't see it. I'm sure they would love to have him, and would've drafted him if available (sucks that we didn't have a high #20 draft pick when Batum/Ibaka were available, but ended up blowing it on James Anderson).
Old 05-10-12, 12:12 PM

besides the Duncan/Manu scenario, we already have Leonard/Jackson in those spots for next year anyway
Old 05-10-12, 02:22 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
Don't see it. I'm sure they would love to have him, and would've drafted him if available (sucks that we didn't have a high #20 draft pick when Batum/Ibaka were available, but ended up blowing it on James Anderson).
I don't like trading down but on that draft I would have. I wanted them to trade down to the upper 20's or try to get future draft considerations. That draft was very weak on the back end.
Old 05-10-12, 02:27 PM
Herman Cain of the board

As far Batum goes, All I see is maybe a sign and trade because he is a restricted FA. Makes it very difficult to get him. Who do you trade? Why trade? Do they move him to the two guard spot? If you did that when would Manu play? Kind of makes no sense but chasing Jason Kidd after DRob retired didn't either.
Old 05-10-12, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLTHETHRILL View Post
As far Batum goes, All I see is maybe a sign and trade because he is a restricted FA. Makes it very difficult to get him. Who do you trade? Why trade? Do they move him to the two guard spot? If you did that when would Manu play? Kind of makes no sense but chasing Jason Kidd after DRob retired didn't either.
I SMELL A NEW THREAD BY WILLIAM!
Old 05-10-12, 03:03 PM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

I say we go get him! The Spurs missed their chance to have most of Argentina's national team when they traded away the rights to (oh what's his name, big forward, mediocre career in Houston now) and if they had signed him, we would have had Manu, Fab and that other guy.

So hey, let's get the French national team, they're not as good as Argentina's was, but it'd be interesting and after that we can grab the Brazilian national team, we've got one, I know there's at least another two or three in the league

:drummer
Old 05-10-12, 03:05 PM
Herman Cain of the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
I SMELL A NEW THREAD BY WILLIAM!
I got a wow trade for you for draft trade ideas. You might actually like it Jose! It involves Bonner and Blair..lol. For real! I'll post it leading up to the draft in late June.