News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com
Old 05-07-12, 02:33 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Jazz to start "Big" line-up tonight

Go big or go home, right?........lol

https://twitter.com/#!/search/tribjazz%20

......reports Utah will start Al/Millsap/Favors tonight. Spurs are +10 in 28 minutes w/ those 3 on court, per http://NBA.com
Old 05-07-12, 02:38 PM

the "Spurs Killer" Josh Howard off the bench.

i don't like this matchup for the Jazz, Kawhi Leonard vs. Favors (pushing him to the perimeter and most likely to the corner where he won't help out vs. a pick and roll in the middle). also, Diaw starting already puts way too much pressure on Milsap to guard him off the dribble. a healthy dose of more Pick and Rolls with ball movement should do the trick, they will be too big and slow to recover on rotations.

if i were them, i would've gone small and benched Milsap, not big (just me anyway).
Old 05-07-12, 03:00 PM
The Master Baiter

Millsap plays one the "big" positions, but he's not really big. Any small forward can guard him. I don't see this making a difference. I agree with Jose, they've tried to "out big" the Spurs because people think that's their weakness. Well it isn't. They need to try and out run the Spurs.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-07-12, 03:13 PM
SpursReport Team Bench

What the Jazz need to start is a collection plate for their fishing trip!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-07-12, 03:25 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJONESIII View Post
What the Jazz need to start is a collection plate for their fishing trip!
Maybe they can get a volume discount, with Cuban picking up the tab!
Old 05-07-12, 03:43 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Going big only helps if your bigs are at least as good as the opponents and in this case they are not! Beside who comes off the bench? It's just desperation!
Old 05-07-12, 03:46 PM
Delusional Manu Lover

Three bigs huh? Well...when things aint workin, you gotta change up. One of two things will happen tonite, either it will be raining threes or the lane will open up so wide that Tony Parker will be prancing to the rim.

"He said, 'Go for every pump fake,' " Hibbert said.
Old 05-07-12, 03:53 PM
2012 Eastern Conference Champion

I think the big aren't gonna be able to stop the Spurs offense. Maybe we will kill them with the 3's tonight.
Old 05-07-12, 04:52 PM
Herman Cain of the board

I think they should have done that in game 2 not game 4. Corbin is not showing me much on the coaching and less on the decision making end of things. I don't think he is the answer in Utah. Also is Raja Bell injured? Why not give him a try?
Old 05-07-12, 05:31 PM
President: K.Leo Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uwe Blab View Post
Millsap plays one the "big" positions, but he's not really big. Any small forward can guard him. I don't see this making a difference. I agree with Jose, they've tried to "out big" the Spurs because people think that's their weakness. Well it isn't. They need to try and out run the Spurs.
I agress, Kawhi will not be guarding Favors.....he wil be on Millsap. Should be interesting....