News Radio WOAI KTKR AM Sports
SpursReport.com

Go Back   SpursReport.com > SpursReport Fan Forums > Spurs and NBA Fan Feedback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-12, 10:10 PM
SpursReport Team Member

Nobody is talking about it but, D. Rose may NO LONGER be the Franchise.

Maybe its because everyone is still in shock. Let me make this very clear, I wish nothing but the best in his recovery. I know he is young and will bounce back but lets be real, he may not regain full motion/strength in that knee. Michael Redd was considered Milwaukee's franchise player and now he is a very skilled, very talented role player for the Phoenix Suns.

I also feel the same about the Knicks rookie R. Shumpert.

Look, I'm not an athlete but i'm in ok shape, have some but used to be very flexible. I've been a dare devil all my life. I've participated in sports, rode a couple of bulls, horses and I lift 5gal pails of paint for a living, and had never broken, sprained, torn any bones or muscles until 5 months ago when I was playing beach volleyball. I tore my ACL on my right knee, my PT says he is amazed at how fast i've been able to regain almost all motion/bending of my knee. He noticed that from the second time i went to PT 5 days after surgery. My leg strength is far from being what it used to be, I can't go up and down ladders without hurting, I hurt everyday, my foot is still numb and it will take some time to regain nerve sensation, I hope. He says that its not normal for anyone to ever be the same after that type of injury. So I'm not trying to be a debbie downer but I'm trying to be realistic. I'm working my butt off trying to get back to myself but i feel the difference.

Yes, everyone is different but, one thing is for sure, He will not be the same explosive player he used to be. Sorry, I hope i'm wrong but I'm just keeping it real.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-30-12, 10:18 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

It will be 2 years before he reaches whatever level he will return to. I think he will be able to regain 95% of his abilities due to his youth and the top notch rehab he will have available to him.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-30-12, 10:33 PM
SpursReport 2012 Pick The Winner Champion

Only time will tell.. No one knows NOW...

Get well D Rose!
You all Rock ROCK ROCK! SO HAPPY!!!!!!

Go Spurs Go!!!!
Old 05-01-12, 01:33 AM

i don't think this has been talked about because there's no way of telling how he'll rebound. Amare was supposed to lose his explosiveness after his surgery and he came back from it. Kidd came back from his surgery too.

we'll only know the answer to this next year. the guy may surprise.
Old 05-01-12, 05:26 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_TheGenius View Post
i don't think this has been talked about because there's no way of telling how he'll rebound. Amare was supposed to lose his explosiveness after his surgery and he came back from it. Kidd came back from his surgery too.

we'll only know the answer to this next year. the guy may surprise.
i think you're totally right, and those were the dreaded microfracture surgeries. Baron Davis had a torn ACL in college, but was still a super explosive pg as a young'n before back issues. Chris Paul had a torn meniscus a couple years ago, and Blake Griffin had a broken kneecap, and both have returned with much explosiveness. while those aren't acl injuries, guys like Wes Welker and Willis McGahee have returned just as explosive after devastating injuries that took out theire ACLs and MCLs at the same time.

obviously every case is different, but i think the last person you wanna compare Derrick Rose to is any of us on this board... dude is 6'2 with a 6'8 wingspan, a 40" vertical, and ran 3/4 the court in 3.05 secs before he was even drafted. those aren't average "good athlete" stats, they are freak of nature stats. add to that he'll have top-notch surgeons and rehab, and consider his lauded work ethic, and i think it's hard to compare the type of recovery one can have.
Old 05-01-12, 07:46 AM
SpursReport Team Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinswes View Post
i think you're totally right, and those were the dreaded microfracture surgeries. Baron Davis had a torn ACL in college, but was still a super explosive pg as a young'n before back issues. Chris Paul had a torn meniscus a couple years ago, and Blake Griffin had a broken kneecap, and both have returned with much explosiveness. while those aren't acl injuries, guys like Wes Welker and Willis McGahee have returned just as explosive after devastating injuries that took out theire ACLs and MCLs at the same time.

obviously every case is different, but i think the last person you wanna compare Derrick Rose to is any of us on this board... dude is 6'2 with a 6'8 wingspan, a 40" vertical, and ran 3/4 the court in 3.05 secs before he was even drafted. those aren't average "good athlete" stats, they are freak of nature stats. add to that he'll have top-notch surgeons and rehab, and consider his lauded work ethic, and i think it's hard to compare the type of recovery one can have.
You're spot on. With all that's available to him, he'll stand the best chance at recovery.

- Confucius
Old 05-01-12, 07:54 AM
SR 2009 and 2011 Pick The Winner Champion

You really rode bulls and broncs and 'never' had a broken or sprained or bruised anything? Wow, I've been covering and reporting on rodeo for 30 years and have never seen anyone with such luck, good for you.

As for D Rose,only time will tell
Old 05-01-12, 10:44 AM
2012 Eastern Conference Champion

Here's your new franchise player

Old 05-01-12, 11:02 AM
SpursReport Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.MULLETINO View Post

Old 05-01-12, 11:12 AM
SpursReport Rookie

Feel bad for Rose. Hope he can return to 100%.
Old 05-01-12, 11:14 AM
Carne de res ipsa loquitur

I think he'll be fine, and his game will adapt. That jump stop is ridiculously hard on the body and he'll just have to take that out of his repertoire.
Old 05-01-12, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzly_bexar View Post
I think he'll be fine, and his game will adapt. That jump stop is ridiculously hard on the body and he'll just have to take that out of his repertoire.
agreed, now he'll focus more on getting a jump shot than driving and having layups as his 2nd weapon (kind of like what Manu is doing now). he'll focus more on assists too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.MULLETINO View Post

imagine him AND Bonner on the same team coming off the bench? deadly!
Old 05-01-12, 11:53 AM
SpursReport Team Captain

Location: Bangalore - Silicon Valley East - Ex hyderabd, Cupertino/CA & Campinas Brazil, Houston and SanAntonio

I had an ACL playing soccer and honestly feel that I was better after it and full recovery.
Old 05-01-12, 12:02 PM
Banned

Problem withe D rose is that his game is not ment for long term sucess. At some point he needs to change his game. This hopping around like a deer and throwing himself at wall of defenders is just not going allow for a even a 7 years of productivity. He needs to learn how to use his quickness like Tony and Chris Paul.

Sad Fact is he is more likely to be the next Gayle Sayers, a Chicago sports icon who burned fast and bright. Though I doubt he gets in the Hall of fame like Sayers
Old 05-01-12, 12:50 PM
The Chosen One(Moderator)

I think he'll rebound well from a ACL tear...its the micro-fracture surgery which is worst.

Amare is an example of you being able to bounce back from knee problems.

Rose should work on less drives and more mid range jumpers.

I'm Batman's cousin
Old 05-01-12, 12:55 PM
SpursReport Team Starter

That photo was one of the funniest things i've seen in a while.

LMAO

$